Roll Call 2018-19 Stanley Cup Finals Roll Call

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Apart from the birth of our son 8 months earlier and the birth of our daughter last July 15th (which just happens to be my birthday as well) June 12th of 2019 will always be the most memorable day of my life. Thanks @Bobby Orrtuzzo for bumping this.

Really cool to re-read through fellow posters Blues origin stories and get to know one another on a more personal level. If anyone caught Stillman on 101 this morning, it really reaffirmed just how fortunate we are to have an owner who loves this team as much as we do.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Do yourselves a favor if you have not seen the French Canadian broadcast version of Game 7 find it, it doesn't matter not speaking French. I used to watch it because it was one of the ESPN+ versions they had. It is significantly superior to the Doc Emrick call and the Sportsnet broadcast, not that those are bad, it's much more that the French Canadian (I think TVA) one is good. For example, the idea that they would CUT AWAY from the Cup celebration? Like it never even occurred to them, the celebration is the main event. They keep going to a whole event at Sammy Blais' backyard with a large party watching the game, they interview Perron two different times during the celebration, and overall right from the opening seconds of the broadcast they are situating this event historically and treating it with respect, attention, and coverage.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Do yourselves a favor if you have not seen the French Canadian broadcast version of Game 7 find it, it doesn't matter not speaking French. I used to watch it because it was one of the ESPN+ versions they had. It is significantly superior to the Doc Emrick call and the Sportsnet broadcast, not that those are bad, it's much more that the French Canadian (I think TVA) one is good. For example, the idea that they would CUT AWAY from the Cup celebration? Like it never even occurred to them, the celebration is the main event. They keep going to a whole event at Sammy Blais' backyard with a large party watching the game, they interview Perron two different times during the celebration, and overall right from the opening seconds of the broadcast they are situating this event historically and treating it with respect, attention, and coverage.
Anyone been able to locate a publicly accessible version of this?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
We’ll have a great forward group in 2 years. Just need 2 more top defenders to add in there. We’ll be a force

You can't know that. Prospects are just lottery tickets until they fully develop. Trying to project how good they will be is a fool's errand. Buchnevich;s contract will be up. Schenn, saad and Hayes will be 2 years older and they are already over 30. Kyrou could be traded if 80% of this board have their wish.

Reactions: Ranksu

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
You can't know that. Prospects are just lottery tickets until they fully develop. Trying to project how good they will be is a fool's errand. Buchnevich;s contract will be up. Schenn, saad and Hayes will be 2 years older and they are already over 30. Kyrou could be traded if 80% of this board have their wish.

Nope, I know

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
I never mentioned that after the Avs were eliminated, I would celebrate every Blues series win by stopping by the Bread Co Panera a block from work and bringing in "St Louis-style bagels". Besides gloating in an office full of angry, bitter Avs fans, the (now ex-) CEO is a Boston native and huge Bruins fan.

(Full disclosure: I had never heard the term St. Louis-style bagels until it went viral on social media around this time.)

After winning the Western Conference. The Panera employee had no idea what he was doing, and he first sliced them in half then bread sliced it.
1706205881661.png

And then...
1706205923275.jpeg

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
I never mentioned that after the Avs were eliminated, I would celebrate every Blues series win by stopping by the Bread Co Panera a block from work and bringing in "St Louis-style bagels". Besides gloating in an office full of angry, bitter Avs fans, the (now ex-) CEO is a Boston native and huge Bruins fan.

(Full disclosure: I had never heard the term St. Louis-style bagels until it went viral on social media around this time.)

After winning the Western Conference. The Panera employee had no idea what he was doing, and he first sliced them in half then bread sliced it.
View attachment 810244

And then...
View attachment 810246
As someone said here on this board that glorious evening "Thanks for 1776 but everyone hates you now. F you Boston!"

• Haha
Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad