2018-19 Season GDT Sign-Up Thread |PLAYOFF SCHEDULE IS UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I've had tomorrow's GDT more or less ready for a few days, I was just waiting for the team to update their headshots. Figured since the season had now officially started they would have done it, but nope. JJ still is in his CBJ sweater, Grant's is from W-B/S (I think, it's not a home Pens one, regardless). You can also tell that the photos were taken at different times because of the perspective and different collars. Looks ****ty when you view them side by side. So, now I have to decide if I want to use them as is, which is easier since they're on a white background I can just change the overlay mode ... or do I actually want to mask them out so it's just their heads. Grrrrr.

I'll see what I can work up for you. That stuff always bothered me as well and I'll usually use another players jersey and mesh the two together.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Photobucket shut down and is holding everyone hostage for a subscription of $399.00 a year.

Nice, I just re uped in Jan and I haven't reached my limit yet. I bet I don't see a check for the difference.

Good bye Photobucket, you just killed your own company.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I'll see what I can work up for you. That stuff always bothered me as well and I'll usually use another players jersey and mesh the two together.

No worries. I decided to skip the photos and just use text. It honestly wouldn't take very long to mask out everything but their heads, and I'll probably do it at some point but I want to wait until the team updates their headshots.

Photobucket shut down and is holding everyone hostage for a subscription of $399.00 a year.

Nice, I just re uped in Jan and I haven't reached my limit yet. I bet I don't see a check for the difference.

Good bye Photobucket, you just killed your own company.
Try Imgur. The free accounts are pretty robust. You can stash a huge amount of jpg/gif/mp4 files. I have over 1600 files on one account that I use just for reaction gifs and pics. And the max file size is pretty big, too. No idea what you can get with the paid accounts, since I've never felt the need.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Test.

@Tom Hanks
x932eHE.gif

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
No worries. I decided to skip the photos and just use text. It honestly wouldn't take very long to mask out everything but their heads, and I'll probably do it at some point but I want to wait until the team updates their headshots.

Try Imgur. The free accounts are pretty robust. You can stash a huge amount of jpg/gif/mp4 files. I have over 1600 files on one account that I use just for reaction gifs and pics. And the max file size is pretty big, too. No idea what you can get with the paid accounts, since I've never felt the need.

Thanks Degenx.

CjXNK5A.png
Q2C1u5d.png

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I know I haven't even posted next month's schedule, but I'm reserving the game on November 1. I have a plan. Mwahahahahahaha.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I know I haven't even posted next month's schedule, but I'm reserving the game on November 1. I have a plan. Mwahahahahahaha.

Great.... I'll do the home version. I need a bottom feeder for my version anyways. Islanders Oct 30.

Last edited:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Great.... I'll do the home version. I need a bottom feeder for my version anyways. Islanders Oct 30.
Awesome! I'm doing a Dia de los Muertos theme. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Edit: I didn't see that @BHD had already signed up for that game. I don't know if you guys want to work something out, or if you want to take another game? Or, if you want I can do the home game on Nove 3 and you can have Nov 1. Technically a day too late, but I can still use what I've got.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Awesome! I'm doing a Dia de los Muertos theme. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Edit: I didn't see that @BHD had already signed up for that game. I don't know if you guys want to work something out, or if you want to take another game? Or, if you want I can do the home game on Nove 3 and you can have Nov 1. Technically a day too late, but I can still use what I've got.

It's okay, he can have it. I'll find someone who's actually a bottom feeder.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
It's okay, he can have it. I'll find someone who's actually a bottom feeder.
OK. Just let me know if you change your mind and want Nov 1. Like I said, I can just push what I've got back to the Nov 3. But really, any time in October can be spooky, if you're feeling inclined ;)

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
OK. Just let me know if you change your mind and want Nov 1. Like I said, I can just push what I've got back to the Nov 3. But really, any time in October can be spooky, if you're feeling inclined ;)

Yeah, I want Oct. since my B-day is the 18th.

I'll do both Vancouver on the 16th and Toronto 18th.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I'm looking for a couple of photos if any of you come across them in your own image searches ...
I'm looking for a pic of any of the team sitting down in full uniform. I have one of Sid from an All Star Game with Ovi, but it looks like it's either a screen-cap or someone scrubbed a little too hard with Topaz. My inspiration is this:

Not that I'll be able to pull it off, but I'd like to give it a go ... minus the water, I don't even know what that's about. I'd like to do Sid sitting on top of the Wells Fargo Center, but Phil on top of Air Canada or whatever they're calling it these days would work, too. I'm already planning one with Murray and PPGPA.
Also, I'd like to find a picture like the one below, but with our current line-up ...
78c9f5fd6d88a51fd1921bc4a3b23c23.jpg

As long as it's not really tiny, I should be able to use it. If anyone comes across something that might work, just post it here, please and I can save it from there. Thanks! (Either way :))

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm looking for a couple of photos if any of you come across them in your own image searches ...
I'm looking for a pic of any of the team sitting down in full uniform. I have one of Sid from an All Star Game with Ovi, but it looks like it's either a screen-cap or someone scrubbed a little too hard with Topaz. My inspiration is this:

Not that I'll be able to pull it off, but I'd like to give it a go ... minus the water, I don't even know what that's about. I'd like to do Sid sitting on top of the Wells Fargo Center, but Phil on top of Air Canada or whatever they're calling it these days would work, too. I'm already planning one with Murray and PPGPA.
Also, I'd like to find a picture like the one below, but with our current line-up ...
78c9f5fd6d88a51fd1921bc4a3b23c23.jpg

As long as it's not really tiny, I should be able to use it. If anyone comes across something that might work, just post it here, please and I can save it from there. Thanks! (Either way :))

Almost forgot about this. I know it is a little late.

RILEY+SMITH+PHOTOGRAPHER_MG_4763.jpg

an-overhead-view-of-the-pittsburgh-penguins-bench-in-game-three-of-picture-id692612050

I cropped it and gave it a edge border and one just plain.
p4c1WTj.jpg

g7I7pTg.jpg

Edit: We can edit out Kunitz and add a different name & number.

Last edited:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Almost forgot about this. I know it is a little late.

RILEY+SMITH+PHOTOGRAPHER_MG_4763.jpg

an-overhead-view-of-the-pittsburgh-penguins-bench-in-game-three-of-picture-id692612050

I cropped it and gave it a edge border and one just plain.
p4c1WTj.jpg

g7I7pTg.jpg

Edit: We can edit out Kunitz and add a different name & number.
There are a couple of guys that would need to be edited out. No worries. I don't have an actual project in mind at the moment. I just saw it and thought a current version would be useful. The Sid picture is great, but he's out of uniform :( Here's the Sid one I have ...
ZDA1RLx.jpg

My issue is either the resolution is low or the edit makes it look that way. I can work with it, I was just hoping for something a little higher quality. I guess I'm a picky beggar :laugh: Seriously, though, thank you thank you thank you for keeping my requests in mind. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->