2018-19 Season GDT Sign-Up Thread |PLAYOFF SCHEDULE IS UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
They won't be as creative as my others, but I will--IF ANYONE WOULD RATHER DO THESE DATES, PLEASE TAKE THEM OVER FROM ME LOL:

#27Thursday, December 67:00 PMNYI
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#28Saturday, December 87:00 PMOTT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#31Friday, December 147:00 PMBOS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#35Thursday, December 207:00 PMMIN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#37Thursday, December 277:00 PMDET
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#38Saturday, December 298:00 PMSTL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
They won't be as creative as my others, but I will--IF ANYONE WOULD RATHER DO THESE DATES, PLEASE TAKE THEM OVER FROM ME LOL:

#27Thursday, December 67:00 PMNYI
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#28Saturday, December 87:00 PMOTT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#31Friday, December 147:00 PMBOS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#35Thursday, December 207:00 PMMIN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#37Thursday, December 277:00 PMDET
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#38Saturday, December 298:00 PMSTL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Oh, wow. Thank you, thank you, thank you :) Much appreciated!

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
If every GDT is going to be ruin by off theme subject why bother.

That's two themes in a row. Eighty one had his trashed and you saw he wasn't happy about it.

Is it really hard to stick with themes we work hard on?

It's pretty ignorent.

Want WWE GDT, then you need to come here and ask for one, and I'll respect that choice. I also will stick with the theme as much as it allows.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
If every GDT is going to be ruin by off theme subject why bother.

That's two themes in a row. Eighty one had his trashed and you saw he wasn't happy about it.

Is it really hard to stick with themes we work hard on?

It's pretty ignorent.

Want WWE GDT, then you need to come here and ask for one, and I'll respect that choice. I also will stick with the theme as much as it allows.
I don't understand?

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I don't understand?

I'm not sure which one I am being referenced in, but I am going to assume it was the Black Friday GDT. There were like 16 pages of [PlayerNameRedacted] whining before the puck even dropped.

Part of it is my fault for going live 24ish hours in advance. I know the GDTs are living, breathing entities that will ebb and flow and go all over with discussion as a result.

I don't take it too personally if say, discussion about Star Wars prequels happened more than 80s action movie one liners in my GDT the other day.

I don't know how threads can really be forced to stay on subject (GDTs sticking to pre/during game issues and not salary cap, trade proposals, management gripes, etc) much better than we already try.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I'm not sure which one I am being referenced in, but I am going to assume it was the Black Friday GDT. There were like 16 pages of [PlayerNameRedacted] whining before the puck even dropped.

Part of it is my fault for going live 24ish hours in advance. I know the GDTs are living, breathing entities that will ebb and flow and go all over with discussion as a result.

I don't take it too personally if say, discussion about Star Wars prequels happened more than 80s action movie one liners in my GDT the other day.

I don't know how threads can really be forced to stay on subject (GDTs sticking to pre/during game issues and not salary cap, trade proposals, management gripes, etc) much better than we already try.
Ah, sorry about that. I try to keep an eye on things even when I'm not logged in, but 'tis the season and all that. As for themes, I mean, you guys come up with some fun and funny stuff that sort of sets the tone but trying to point this board in any one direction is like trying to herd cats :laugh: If the issue is WWE gifs taking over everything, that's a different story. I'm just not sure what's going on TBTH

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Ah, sorry about that. I try to keep an eye on things even when I'm not logged in, but 'tis the season and all that. As for themes, I mean, you guys come up with some fun and funny stuff that sort of sets the tone but trying to point this board in any one direction is like trying to heard cats :laugh: If the issue is WWE gifs taking over everything, that's a different story. I'm just not sure what's going on TBTH

If I really had an issue, I would have just DM'ed one of the many mods on the entire site and had it locked until later.

I kinda feel, like, it is preschool or something, hahah. You aren't going to get everyones attention and SOME of these posters are obviously eating the paste in the back of the class.

I provide some graphics, a little levity, and a GDT in which to focus and post gameday stuff, and just let people have at it.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
@DegenX @EightyOne
Sorry, I have been very busy.

Yes, it's about the WWE gifs taking over every thread. I'm a WWE supporter even, but not every GDT has to be it.

Eightyone, man, you had an incredible GDT layout that was open to so many characters you had in your poll. WWE took over though.

I tried to curb it in mine, I know you can't stop it all, but one person had to go out of their way to instagate. I'm not about reporting, they are otherwise very good posters.

The point still remains WWE is getting over used and very stale. It's losing it's relevancy and not all that funny anymore being used too much..

Reactions: DegenX and BHD

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
@DegenX @EightyOne
Sorry, I have been very busy.

Yes, it's about the WWE gifs taking over every thread. I'm a WWE supporter even, but not every GDT has to be it.

Eightyone, man, you had an incredible GDT layout that was open to so many characters you had in your poll. WWE took over though.

I tried to curb it in mine, I know you can't stop it all, but one person had to go out of their way to instagate. I'm not about reporting, they are otherwise very good posters.

The point still remains WWE is getting over used and very stale. It's losing it's relevancy and not all that funny anymore being used too much..
Gotcha. We've been putting our heads together to decide on an overall policy for the board that accommodates everyone. I'll be sure to share this with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->