Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As Getz2perry already said, he was great in the Chicago series in 2015 as well. The goals aren’t typical but the control he had of the game is him in top form.

Both our top guys are 2D who peak at a low 1D in brief spurts. Fowler doesn’t have the physicality or routine confidence needed in a true 1D and Lindholm doesn’t have the consistent puck handling/moving or offensive ability of a true 1D, but both provide it in spurts.

Before anyone gets bent, a legit 1D also doesn’t play a 2v1 like Lindholm does.
Its weird cause in lindholms 1st 2 years he was really good on 2 v 1.... Either way 2 v 1 defense isn't the best way to lable a dmen…. In reality 2 nhl caliber players should have a huge advantage in a 2 v 1.... the fact that he has to defend so many 2 v 1's is scary too... not sure ive seen a team give up as many 2 v 1s as we do.... and I could understand if we were a team that was cheating at the line a lot holding the puck in and generating offense... but we don't do that... our offense is as vanilla and garbage as anyone in the league... yet we still give up as many 2 v 1s as we saw in the all star game yesterday.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
People see what they want to. He’s not what he was, but he’s certainly nowhere near as bad as you like to say. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess not one of the “flower/charmin” crew have ever had a facial fracture (or any other severe fracture) then actively sought out contact 2 months later.

None of our defensemen have been particularly playoff dominant in years. Lindholm has the perfect situation to step up and carry the team last year and couldn’t either.

Plenty of teams would trade for Fowler.
I don't think people think fowler is awful... but hes just not working out here right now... for what he is paid and expected from him.

Could be a little to do with RC, could be a chemistry thing... fowler was always a guy that looked at his best when he had someone he was comfortable playing with(Beaeuchmin, lovejoy, despres)… he really hasn't shown comfort playing with Montour or Manson(I think he showed more comfort with vatanen).

Like I said I wouldn't want to trade him until we see how he looks with a diff coach with this roster because I feel like hes still an effective player in the right situation, and on the right team he could be a high caliber dmen. I also wouldn't mind looking for a partner for him that brings out his best.
Lindholm Manson
Fowler Gudas/Psych(2 guys I feel would play well with fowler)
Larsson Montour

Not saying get someone this year, as I pretty much have given up on this season until RC is canned.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I don't think people think fowler is awful... but hes just not working out here right now... for what he is paid and expected from him.

Could be a little to do with RC, could be a chemistry thing... fowler was always a guy that looked at his best when he had someone he was comfortable playing with(Beaeuchmin, lovejoy, despres)… he really hasn't shown comfort playing with Montour or Manson(I think he showed more comfort with vatanen).

Like I said I wouldn't want to trade him until we see how he looks with a diff coach with this roster because I feel like hes still an effective player in the right situation, and on the right team he could be a high caliber dmen. I also wouldn't mind looking for a partner for him that brings out his best.
Lindholm Manson
Fowler Gudas/Psych(2 guys I feel would play well with fowler)
Larsson Montour

Not saying get someone this year, as I pretty much have given up on this season until RC is canned.

Fowler played the best hockey of his career when partnered with Manson last year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fowler played the best hockey of his career when partnered with Manson last year.
I would disagree, his best hockey was with despres/bauchmin.

Either way fowler and manson have looked like a complete mess this year(which could be a system thing)

Reactions: Spazkat

Beretta 390

Jul 22, 2010
Quite simple. D pinches to keep puck in zone so forwards can score. However when D pinch, forward must cover back - Ducks forwards don't do this. Creates easy odd man rushes, especially when opponents know Duck plan.
Poor coaching to blame - good coach would have forwards covering for pinching D.

Duh, RC.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Quite simple. D pinches to keep puck in zone so forwards can score. However when D pinch, forward must cover back - Ducks forwards don't do this. Creates easy odd man rushes, especially when opponents know Duck plan.
Poor coaching to blame - good coach would have forwards covering for pinching D.

Duh, RC.
Yup, this is something that teams like Vegas and NYI excel at.

And we could have had one of their coaches if BM wasn’t Bm

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Fowlers injuries have been a result of players taking out his knees and a fluke deflection into his face. 70 games is a convenient cut off given he’s played just under in 2 years.

Say what you will about Fowler but he’s not made of glass. He’s no iron man but he’s far from what I would consider injury prone.

Edit: two seasons ago Hampus played a whole season with a bad wrist injury which caused him to miss games then had to have surgery to repair a torn labrum and only played 69 games last year. Does this mean he’s made of glass too?

My prime concern with Fowler's injuries in not how often they occur, but more that he keeps injuring knees. For a player that depends as heavily as he does on his skating , that throws up a big red flag for me on longevity. When his skating goes it's going to be ugly because he doesn't have a ton of other skills to fall back on to compensate (vision, great shot, physicality, etc).

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Megna called up. Find that a little interesting

Well, we are coming off a break. We’ve been terrible, look like a train wreck,
So clearly we had to do something to right the ship for the stretch run

I heard somewhere, maybe the Onion, that Randy spent the break changing for the new NHL, and is ready to bring it

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Well, we are coming off a break. We’ve been terrible, look like a train wreck,
So clearly we had to do something to right the ship for the stretch run

I heard somewhere, maybe the Onion, that Randy spent the break changing for the new NHL, and is ready to bring it
The latest from the Onion is that actually Randy spent the break changing the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad