Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I was thinking the same thing, but not sure why. But I think Ritchie should be on the 2nd line at the least. Maybe Sprong with him, but maybe not. I dunno.
Yeah Swap Ritchie with Shore & its a massively better 2nd line.
Shore i want traded to NJ so he can be nicknamed Jersey Shore

Reactions: branmuffin17

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Not a fan of that second line

I have no issue with those lines. The first line is self-explanatory. The second line duo of Henrique-Silfverberg was great to start the season and Shore is as close a replica of Comtois that we have. Now before people suggest Ritchie, I think the idea is to keep Ritchie and Sprong together. Both are sure bets to return next season and have chemistry together. I see no sense in putting Ritchie with Silfverberg only for the latter to be traded within three weeks. Plus there's an outside chance of Shore being traded too, although that'd come as a surprise if it were to happen at the deadline. As for the fourth line, well.. it's a combination of four human bodies. Not expecting much more than that there, to be honest.

Most importantly, the kids are down in SD and gaining familiarity with Eakins. This is making the best of a shitty situation in Anaheim.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Really hoping Grant returns, too.
I'm with you there. But it didn't happen after last season so it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't happen again this season. Assuming Kesler's outlook is now more pessimistic, I think the odds of Grant returning are increased.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I'm with you there. But it didn't happen after last season so it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't happen again this season. Assuming Kesler's outlook is now more pessimistic, I think the odds of Grant returning are increased.
Not sure how much of a guide last season will be with that. To the extent it's up to Grant, I wonder if he learned his lesson about how many options he has.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
What am I missing with Shore? Or that the Ducks see and I don't?
Don’t like him? I personally think he’s rather good. Doesn’t produce but has played way better than Cogs has, and is being forced to play way higher up in the lineup than he should because of injuries.

Reactions: Masch78

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Don’t like him? I personally think he’s rather good. Doesn’t produce but has played way better than Cogs has, and is being forced to play way higher up in the lineup than he should because of injuries.

Way better than Cogs except defensively and on the PK.

Cogs this year was a scape goat for far bigger problems.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
If any of these are premature, I'm gonna be real mad. Especially if Perry's being brought back just for ****s and giggles.
Yeah, I was hoping they would be overly cautious with Perry and have him take the season off. Teemu had a full season to recover and was rejuvenated.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
I have no issue with those lines. The first line is self-explanatory. The second line duo of Henrique-Silfverberg was great to start the season and Shore is as close a replica of Comtois that we have. Now before people suggest Ritchie, I think the idea is to keep Ritchie and Sprong together. Both are sure bets to return next season and have chemistry together. I see no sense in putting Ritchie with Silfverberg only for the latter to be traded within three weeks. Plus there's an outside chance of Shore being traded too, although that'd come as a surprise if it were to happen at the deadline.
And that's what I was saying. I mentioned putting Ritchie back with Henrique...and maybe Sprong too. And there's your Ritchie Sprong combo, while having Henrique in that line as center seems like it should be better for both wingers than Grant (no offense to Grant).

Shore and Silf can be on the 3rd, and with Grant, has some small offensive function with a bigger emphasis on D.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
so this is as healthy as this team will ever be this season.....and if they still play the way they are?

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
so this is as healthy as this team will ever be this season.....and if they still play the way they are?

Then with the way the second half has started and with most teams being generally even in games played, we could legitimately be staring down the barrel of a top 5 pick

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Perry hasn't played in a long time, I doubt he's able to get comfortable playing to be useful. Just look at Nylander who missed half of the season and how he's doing.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Do we have cap space to activate Eaves? We put Kase on LTIR but I still don't think that's enough. I suppose you could put one or both of Kesler/Miller on LTIR, but I believe they are both on the road trip so they might be back soon.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Do we have cap space to activate Eaves? We put Kase on LTIR but I still don't think that's enough. I suppose you could put one or both of Kesler/Miller on LTIR, but I believe they are both on the road trip so they might be back soon.
Doesn't look like it tbh.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Damn, I didn't even realize they are so against the cap. I wonder what's going to be the play here? Since they traded for Del Zotto, there's no place for Eaves to come back, am I right?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Damn, I didn't even realize they are so against the cap. I wonder what's going to be the play here? Since they traded for Del Zotto, there's no place for Eaves to come back, am I right?

It might not be quite that simple, but Johnson is probably the bigger one. If Miller is ready they can probably waive and then trade him or something along those lines, even just sending Johnson down might be enough.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
It might not be quite that simple, but Johnson is probably the bigger one. If Miller is ready they can probably waive and then trade him or something along those lines, even just sending Johnson down might be enough.
Right. I suppose because Miller is on a 35+ contract, his cap hit will count against the cap even when on IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad