Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
said it a few weeks ago and it's still true to me. I think Cogs, Eaves, and Silfverberg should all be "available" right now. Time to shed some salary. I'd love Silfverberg back, but unless we're able to move both Cogs and Eaves and/or Perry/Kesler, we can't give him 5 million a season. Plus, he's gonna be what? 29? What we see is what we get. 5 million for what he brings is somewhat iffy IMO.

As far as the lines. With everyone but Perry:

Comtois-Getzlaf-Rakell
Silfverberg-Henrique-Kase
Cogliano-Kesler-Sherwood
Ritchie-Rowney-Eaves

is what I'd do.
Guess it depends how the team looks.... and if talks with silf are going well... I like silf but like you said if hes asking above id say 4.8, id prob move him now and look towards future. Eaves prob has low-no value at this point... unless he starts showing some okay play. Cogs would prob be somewhat valuable to a team looking for PK help/bottom 6 winger.

Value wise
Silf… I think should be able to bring back a 2nd + solid prospect, or a 1st from a contender.
Cogs... id be stoked to get a 2nd for, not sure of any comparable as of late... but he does bring a solid defensive game/leader ship that some playoff teams would likely love to ad.
Eaves... at this point id just like to get rid of his contract.... doubt he holds much value until he starts producing a bit... but id take a 3rd or a 4th(with production based conditions)…. Aberg/Sherwood should be on the roster over eaves pretty easily... he is very expendable

Reactions: Duck Off

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Aberg is scoring at a 30 goal pace. He's not coming out, at least he shouldn't.

Patrick Eaves cannot be relied on to play more than 35 games. It will be hard for him to find chemistry with anyone due to that. And his effectiveness is pretty limited. Why not go with Aberg who has upside and can be in the lineup every night?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Aberg is scoring at a 30 goal pace. He's not coming out, at least he shouldn't.

Patrick Eaves cannot be relied on to play more than 35 games. It will be hard for him to find chemistry with anyone due to that. And his effectiveness is pretty limited. Why not go with Aberg who has upside and can be in the lineup every night?
I mean, I'd take eaves over Sherwood in an nanosecond as well. Even after a year off he was one of the most dangerous forwards on the team. If he's healthy (ish) he should be playing.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
You forgot the t for that last line. 4th line that can’t score. Same for the 3rd. Even the top 2 are if-y.
4th line will score more than a typical 4th line. Top 2 lines should definitely be able to score. 3rd line would struggle to score but be good defensively and play a ton of pk minutes. What I am proposing is loading up top two lines because Silf is kind of a waste on the Kesler line now. They arent going to score at all. Might as well put Sherwood on it and get similar defensive strengths. we have seem Silf can produce when surrounded by offensive talent.

I'd say the same with Rico and Kase. I'm afraid Ritchie may be dragging them down a bit. Not really sure yet though but I wouldnt mind throwing Silf on that line to try it out.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Comtois-Getzlaf-Rakell
Ritchie-Kesler-Eaves
Cogliano-Whoever-Sherwood
I like the idea of Comtois with Getz and Rakell because he is big and should be able to cycle with them and he can finish. I have no idea what that Kesler line would look like but it would be interesting. Pretty slow if you ask me.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I mean, I'd take eaves over Sherwood in an nanosecond as well. Even after a year off he was one of the most dangerous forwards on the team. If he's healthy (ish) he should be playing.
Agreed for the 5 games out of 12 he is healthy.

Rakell-Getzlaf-Aberg
Comtois-Henrique-Kase
Ritchie-Kesler-Silfverberg
Cogs-Rowney-Eaves/Sherwood

That's what I would be rolling with. Get rid of Gibbons and Street, they are completely worthless. It's not a bad looking lineup, that should easily be a playoff team.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Comtois-Getzlaf-Rakell
Ritchie-Kesler-Eaves
Cogliano-Whoever-Sherwood
That third line would be such a liability lol eaves can barely move and Ritchie is brain dead in defensive zone. Kesler is a shadow of his former self as well.

Reactions: lakai17

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
man the Fowler injury really shows how weak we are on the left side. I know the Sweedes have played well together, but I wonder if we entertain breaking them up and moving Lindholm back to his natural side.

Lindholm-Manson (I think this has to become a pair and take care of 28 mins a night with Fowler out)
Larsson-Montour
Pettersson-Welinski/Schenn

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
man the Fowler injury really shows how weak we are on the left side. I know the Sweedes have played well together, but I wonder if we entertain breaking them up and moving Lindholm back to his natural side.

Lindholm-Manson (I think this has to become a pair and take care of 28 mins a night with Fowler out)
Larsson-Montour
Pettersson-Welinski/Schenn

Problem is Lindholm is already averaging well over 25 and lately has been playing close to 30 a night, I think you have to go with Lindholm Montour and hope Manson can carry Larsson.

And yeah our left side is really weak past our top two. Pettersson regressing has really exposed how thing we are there.

Reactions: Getzmonster

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
How has Mahura looked? Is he ready for 3rd pairing minutes with Fowler down? Schenn might be solid/physical enough to give that pairing sheltered 3rd pairing minutes (assuming he's looked good).

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
This theory amounts to little more than guesswork but I think Comtois and Lundestrom are with the Gulls primarily to showcase them to future Ducks' coach, Eakins. Both will likely be loaned to their respective countries for the WJC and, in my opinion, subsequently sent to Drummondville/Lulea (both teams are among the best in their leagues).

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I'm guessing BM is hoping someone claims Schenn since no-one claimed Sustr and he only wants to keep one of them. Too bad he didn't think it through when signing both of them in the off-season, as it was very obvious there wasn't room for two of them on the team.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Agreed. I’d actually probably prefer him in over Welenski or even Pettersson.

I expected much more from Pettersson this season. Thus far, I've preferred Welinski to Schenn, and Schenn to Pettersson. But I assume they won't roll with two RHDs on the same pair.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
I worry about us playing some young guys in this losing “oh well” environment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad