2018-19 Roster Talk: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I can go back to that if you want, but I was just mesmerized by this specific part of the post because it was so insane.

Let's also keep in mind that you specifically said "The most likely scenario"... aka you think this is more likely than any other possibility.

if I had to come up with other guesses for why he hasn't been fired yet, that I don't necessarily believe, but are still more likely than "they like his personality"....

- Hakstol likes Lappy and Hextall lets the head coach decide the rest of coaching staff
- Hextall is going to change up the coaching staff, without firing Lappy
- Hextall thinks the PK personnel has been real problem, not the PK coach
- Hextall thinks the goaltending has been the biggest problem
- Hextall thinks personnel was the problem in the first couple of years and now goaltending was the problem this year
- Hextall thinks Lappy has been bad but is convinced there is something new they're going to try next year
- Hextall thinks Lappy has been bad but is just too patient with him
- Hextall thinks Lappy is a good PK coach

Do I need to keep going?

There's a bunch of possibilities, some possible, some extremely unlikely, but all far more plausible than what you said...

Okay. Whatever. It doesn't matter why and we are all just guessing as to why with no inside information. Either way, he should have been fired.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I wonder if Domi is available cause Arizona don't want to pay him. At 23 with 135 points in 222 games, he would be expecting a decent contract.

Reactions: Tripod

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make with the latest post, but it’s been a long day so maybe I’m missing it.
You’re initial post seemed to put more weight on the ED factor in the Schenn move and i was just pointing out that it was an extra upside, not necessarily a factor that moved the needle though.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
That's news to me. The PK has been bad for years and people were shocked/baffled that the only coach that got fired was Mullen.
I believe His contract was up and the team decided to not give another. Hence not Fired. Do not believe any coach Has been fired Under hextall. Lappy still has a contract. I can speculate that Hextall doesnt believe the players have been good enough to have a great powerplay. with the influx of younger player that thought may change.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I wonder if Domi is available cause Arizona don't want to pay him. At 23 with 135 points in 222 games, he would be expecting a decent contract.
It makes no sense to trade him....but it would not be surprising. He would be a nice add depending on the cost.

Now watch Pitt get him and have this board go postal...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Arizona might actually be interested in Simmonds, they have the cap room to easily resign him, and they lack veteran forwards and he could certainly help their power play.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Arizona might actually be interested in Simmonds, they have the cap room to easily resign him, and they lack veteran forwards and he could certainly help their power play.
That's well and fine, but ARZ will need to add to get Simmonds, and Domi wouldn't likely be the Flyers' target.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
My realistic 2018-2019 opening roster prediction.

Giroux-Couturier-simmonds
Raffl-Patrick-Voracek
Lethera-Beagle-Konecny
Lindblom-Laughton-Weise

Provorov-Amac
Hagg-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas

Elliott
Lyon

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa

Raffl-Patrick-Voracek
Lethera-Beagle-Konecny
Lindblom-Laughton-Weise

Provorov-Amac
Hagg-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas

Elliott
Lyon
The only addition is Beagle, and swapping Lyon for Neuvy. That roster depresses me and my enthusiasm to watch the Flyers would wane so hard. Your forward pairings also do not invoke confidence.

Reactions: Rebels57

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia

Raffl-Patrick-Voracek
Lethera-Beagle-Konecny
Lindblom-Laughton-Weise

Provorov-Amac
Hagg-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas

Elliott
Lyon

oh god no. Lehtera on a line with Konecny will allow you to receive only a fraction of konecnys talent. Lindblom and Lehtera should switch, at the least. I also think Weise is either sitting the full season or somehow getting moved.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's hard to figure out G S% on the PP, take 2015-16, Mason puts up .822 with Neuvirth putting up .894 behind the same PK unit.

dSV% for more than last year (difference between actual and expected S%):
2017-18
Mrazek -4.31
Elliott -4.99
Neuvirth -3.55
2016-17
Mason -4.31
Neuvirth -6.08
2015-16
Neuvirth +2.82
Mason -4.51
2014-15:
Mason -1.89
Emery -6.88
2013-14:
Mason +1.38
Emery -2.99
2012-13:
Mason +3.31
Bryz +0.19
2011-12:
Bryz -0.91
Bob -1.02
2010-11:
Bob -0.39
Boucher -0.10

The goaltending on the PK has been pretty putrid since Lappy took over, and that may be why Hextall is patient with him.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
@jojo it seems like i wasn’t following your original post well when i responded to it, and in hindsight it’s moot as others have pointed out haha. I mistook it as you saying the ED had an effect when in reality it seems like you meant the opposite. Maybe why i didnt understand the second post either :/

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
It's really simple to answer a black and white question with a black and white answer. The answer is "no", people weren't complaining about Lappy for the last four years like they were this year.

Nothing ridiculous with giving a simple answer... unless I ask it of someone who doesn't properly read posts, apparently. But that's my fault, I expected too much from you.

Oh you must have such a great memory then! People have been complaining about Lappy for quite some time. I'm frankly not going to go back and waste my time to find posts that have people complaining about Lappy because A) I'm not a loser and B) I just don't care enough.

Your question is nonsense though. No one is going to be complaining about the PK coach two months after poor performance of the PK. So a better question would be were people complaining about Lappy two and a half years ago?

I must expect too much of you though because you tend to just boil everything down to simple hak levels.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh you must have such a great memory then! People have been complaining about Lappy for quite some time. I'm frankly not going to go back and waste my time to find posts that have people complaining about Lappy because A) I'm not a loser and B) I just don't care enough.

Your question is nonsense though. No one is going to be complaining about the PK coach two months after poor performance of the PK. So a better question would be were people complaining about Lappy two and a half years ago?

I must expect too much of you though because you tend to just boil everything down to simple hak levels.

Were people complaining about Lappy 2.5 years ago? No, or at least hardly anyone. Certainly not even remotely close to the level he was complained about this year... which is exactly my point. THIS was the year he became an obvious problem on this team. Glad we could clear that up after an unnecessary number of posts.

And I have to try to boil everything down to the simplest level because you don't seem to be able to understand anything until after I correct you 20 times about what my post actually said :laugh:

Remember how you couldn't figure out that incredibly complex green and red text I did? Or any of the other times when I made a simple post that you misread?

You can only blame yourself.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
As if I'm going to go out of my way to be polite to someone who refuses to even read my post before trying to argue.

I treat people with respect if they deserve it.

Reactions: Tripod

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Were people complaining about Lappy 2.5 years ago? No, or at least hardly anyone. Certainly not even remotely close to the level he was complained about this year... which is exactly my point. THIS was the year he became an obvious problem on this team. Glad we could clear that up after an unnecessary number of posts.

And I have to try to boil everything down to the simplest level because you don't seem to be able to understand anything until after I correct you 20 times about what my post actually said :laugh:

Remember how you couldn't figure out that incredibly complex green and red text I did? Or any of the other times when I made a simple post that you misread?

You can only blame yourself.

What's your basis for proof on that? Are you going back and doing the proper research to back your claims?

I didn't bother to respond to your simple red and green text even though you listed a few players as positive additions. Besides the fact that you portrayed the players in green as positive and the players in red as negative but you're not comparing player additions / subtractions as positive, negative, or neutral what was your point anyways?

Are you just writing things to provide no contextual meaning and just rambling on to write for attention?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What's your basis for proof on that? Are you going back and doing the proper research to back your claims?

On which part? On it not being a giant topic of conversation 2.5 years ago? I was here at that point in time... I participated in discussions... I would have seen if it was even close to as large of a topic as it was this past year. Maybe few people brought it up as a possible issue, but it wasn't an obvious glaring need for improvement like it is now.

If you don't believe me you can look for yourself. Up to you.

I didn't bother to respond to your simple red and green text even though you listed a few players as positive additions. Besides the fact that you portrayed the players in green as positive and the players in red as negative but you're not comparing player additions / subtractions as positive, negative, or neutral what was your point anyways?

YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT!

I explained to you multiple times that green didn't mean "positive addition" AND YOU STILL REMAIN IGNORANT. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

How incredibly embarrassing for you.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
On which part? On it not being a giant topic of conversation 2.5 years ago? I was here at that point in time... I participated in discussions... I would have seen if it was even close to as large of a topic as it was this past year. Maybe few people brought it up as a possible issue, but it wasn't an obvious glaring need for improvement like it is now.

If you don't believe me you can look for yourself. Up to you.

YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT!

I explained to you multiple times that green didn't mean "positive addition" AND YOU STILL REMAIN IGNORANT. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

How incredibly embarrassing for you.

I was here then too. Its really easy for to say something like that without a shred of proof one way or another. Not that I particularly care but you're just acting like you know that but I can almost guarantee you have no actual idea on what was discussed then to various lengths besides maybe VLC if he was still around.

You literally wrote :
Green - worth it
Red - not worth it

Which is going to imply you're designating value to something. Perhaps an english class at local community college could do you well so you can convey your thoughts properly.

Let me help you
Definition :
worth : equivalent in value to the sum or item specified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad