2018-19 Roster Speculation: Tis the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Absolutely re-sign Skinner. He's what the forward group has been missing and we're just going to trade him away or let him walk? f*** that...

I don't want any more picks than they have. That's just more years of waiting. No guarantee you hit on a player of Skinner's ilk in the draft.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Absolutely re-sign Skinner. He's what the forward group has been missing and we're just going to trade him away or let him walk? **** that...

I don't want any more picks than they have. That's just more years of waiting. No guarantee you hit on a player of Skinner's ilk in the draft.

There is a big two part question:

A) Does Skinner want to re-sign and not test the UFA market?

B) What does he want contract-wise to re-sign?

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
There is a big two part question:

A) Does Skinner want to re-sign and not test the UFA market?

B) What does he want contract-wise to re-sign?

A) This is the best chance he'll get to ever play close to home, most likely IMO. He also certainly knows he's pined for around these parts.

B) Anything under 8m AAV is fine with me. I might be willing to pay him more than some. Great skater, team first attitude on top of all that skill. There isn't any "woe is me" to be seen in his personality.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
A) This is the best chance he'll get to ever play close to home, most likely IMO. He also certainly knows he's pined for around these parts.

B) Anything under 8m AAV is fine with me. I might be willing to pay him more than some. Great skater, team first attitude on top of all that skill. There isn't any "woe is me" to be seen in his personality.

If he wants to be close to home maybe he’d even take a slight discount. But he will also want a NMC/NTC which is no good.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Skinner is going to be a super young ufa. He will be only 27 in year 1 of his new deal. A man term 7 year deal means he is 33 when the deal is done. I'll give him 7 mil aav and a nmc for 3 years and a modified Ntc the other 4.

Skinner is what Kane was supposed to be but better. I cannot wait for the floodgates to open for Skinner. Hes pure offense.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I wouldn't go anywhere near $8M per for a winger with a career high of 0.8 PPG over an entire season.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
We're doing expansion draft crap already? Good lord.

Skinner is going to be a super young ufa. He will be only 27 in year 1 of his new deal. A man term 7 year deal means he is 33 when the deal is done. I'll give him 7 mil aav and a nmc for 3 years and a modified Ntc the other 4.

Skinner is what Kane was supposed to be but better. I cannot wait for the floodgates to open for Skinner. Hes pure offense.

So, speculating about roster shaping to move an anchor like Okposo onto an expansion team is less preferable to talk about then hyperbole about re-signing Skinner because he's already a better Sabre offensively than Kane?

Got it.

Reactions: brian_griffin

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
If Skinner plays an instrumental role in getting us into the post season, you might convince me it's a smart move to sign him long term.

Other than that, I'm not the least bit interested in a high priced UFA that's played 9 NHL seasons but has never sniffed the playoffs.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
If Skinner plays an instrumental role in getting us into the post season, you might convince me it's a smart move to sign him long term.

Other than that, I'm not the least bit interested in a high priced UFA that's played 9 NHL seasons but has never sniffed the playoffs.

Some of those Canes teams were even more sh ite than some of Buffalo's.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Haven't you guys learned from the Okposo signing?

It's a bad idea to lock up good but not great top 6 wingers on a big, long-term contract.

In fact, see the 2016 free agency period for countless examples of bad contracts.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Haven't you guys learned from the Okposo signing?

It's a bad idea to lock up good but not great top 6 wingers on a big, long-term contract.

In fact, see the 2016 free agency period for countless examples of bad contracts.

Skinner probably isn't going to nearly die

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Reinhart on an ELC who actually drives offense - Don't pay him what he wants. Make him earn it.

Skinner 2 points in 5 games with one year left - Pay the man what he wants.
Maybe it doesn’t make sense to you because the discussion is more complicated than a sarcastic quip?

Reactions: Freeeeedom

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Reinhart on an ELC who actually drives offense - Don't pay him what he wants. Make him earn it.

Skinner 2 points in 5 games with one year left - Pay the man what he wants.

Yea, the sample size of five games is what we should be basing skinner’s production on...not the NINETY goals he has the last three seasons

Reactions: brian_griffin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad