NBA 2018-19 Regular Season Thread Part II

darko

Feb 16, 2009
How did that happen? I stopped watching when it was 15-point game late.

Raps hit a bunch of 3s late. Kawhi had a chance to win it but air balled it.

Thought maybe Gordon was fouled on his missed 3 but would need to see a replay.

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
He's amazing but poor shooting performance today. 9/25 FG, 2/13 from 3. 15/15 from free throws though. Either way, he's unstoppable
bound to have off shooting nights with how much he's carrying the team without cp3 + capela

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Watching the Kings replay from last night, and Bagley was clutch in the 4th. Despite the other guys taken after him I'm still happy with the pick.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
And the drama begins in LA. :laugh:

from basketball.realgm.com:

Jackie MacMullan stated in a recent episode of the "Brian Windhorst & the Hoop Collective" podcast that people around LeBron James have made it known they want Luke Walton replaced with a new coach.

“There’s a lot of tension in that building. A lot of tension in that building, and I think people are wondering about Luke Walton even though Jeanie Buss came out very strongly and said ‘I want Luke to be here, I back him 100 percent,’ but then also made the point that has to be made, and that’s that she hired Earvin Magic Johnson to make these decisions, and if Earvin feels differently she gave him the power to make those kinds of decisions. It’s clear to me, and probably to you Brian, that LeBron’s camp would prefer a coaching change. They’re not too subtle about that,” said MacMullan.

Windhorst added that while the noise wasn't coming from James directly, that his camp was voicing their unhappiness over Walton "is a fair thing to say".

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do these types of videos play for anybody ???? All I get is the " loading circle " that will keep looping but never start playing. :ha:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
And the drama begins in LA. :laugh:

from basketball.realgm.com:

Jackie MacMullan stated in a recent episode of the "Brian Windhorst & the Hoop Collective" podcast that people around LeBron James have made it known they want Luke Walton replaced with a new coach.

“There’s a lot of tension in that building. A lot of tension in that building, and I think people are wondering about Luke Walton even though Jeanie Buss came out very strongly and said ‘I want Luke to be here, I back him 100 percent,’ but then also made the point that has to be made, and that’s that she hired Earvin Magic Johnson to make these decisions, and if Earvin feels differently she gave him the power to make those kinds of decisions. It’s clear to me, and probably to you Brian, that LeBron’s camp would prefer a coaching change. They’re not too subtle about that,” said MacMullan.

Windhorst added that while the noise wasn't coming from James directly, that his camp was voicing their unhappiness over Walton "is a fair thing to say".

Lebrons tactics will not work in LA, Magic and Jeanie have a lot of pull in the organization. This isn’t Cleveland as he was able to get away with a lot of back end stuff. The politics in LA are much more complicated than it was there...

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
luke sucks but firing him now and appointing an interim won't change anything

and aside from mark jackson there's no one available anyways

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They tried it in Miami but Riley and Wade had Spo's back so it wasn't going to happen. Walton does have the most powerful person in the Lakers organization in his corner but he could be in trouble if Jeanie Buss defers to basketball operations because it doesn't seem like Magic is a huge fan of his.

I don't blame Walton for what's currently happening. LeBron is out and they built a flawed roster around him to begin with.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do these types of videos play for anybody ???? All I get is the " loading circle " that will keep looping but never start playing. :ha:

Nope. It only works for me if I copy the URL and open it in a new tab.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
luke sucks but firing him now and appointing an interim won't change anything

and aside from mark jackson there's no one available anyways
I would love to see Mark Jackson take the Lakers job for the chance to get the Warriors in the playoffs. They dragged his name through the mud after they fired him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad