NBA 2018-19 Regular Season Thread Part II

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Isaiah Thomas says the Celtics would have 'probably' won a title by now if they hadn't traded him

He's been DNP-CD in 2 of his last 3 games and played 7 minutes in the 3rd one. He's averaging 7.7 PPG, 1.7 APG, and at 5'9" can't guard anyone. Even the Warriors would not have won the title with him instead of the 6'3" Curry last year.
I don’t know about winning a title but they probably would be at least close the same. Imagine if they didn’t do the Kyrie trade. It’s not like Kyrie has done more than Thomas did with the Celtics. The Celtics would also have had the Brooklyn pick. They could have traded that for a big man and been a more complete team. I don’t think it’s too far fetched to say they would be better but a title winner I don’t know about.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The 2016-2017 season for Isaiah Thomas was an outlier. Dude thinks he's WAY better than he actually is, and now coming off of major injuries the last few seasons I'd reckon he will likely be a journeyman the rest of his career coming off the bench.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I remember IT dropping 50+ in a playoff game. His injury cost him millions.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
44 pts for d'angelo russell. love seeing him doing so well. and to think the lakers could have had lonzo-russell-BI-randle-zubac. kuzma too

then magic comes in and messes it all up instead of just being patient. it was so obvious russell had star talent. this team just becomes more and more of a joke with each passing day

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The 2016-2017 season for Isaiah Thomas was an outlier. Dude thinks he's WAY better than he actually is, and now coming off of major injuries the last few seasons I'd reckon he will likely be a journeyman the rest of his career coming off the bench.

He jinxed himself with the Brinks truck comments. Don't get me wrong, dude was great that year and played thru the death of his sister & a big injury but there was no indication he was going to keep it up long term.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
LeBron, Giannis Ruled out for Lakers vs. Bucks After Fan Spends $7K on Tickets

A guy with money to burn apparently dropped almost $7k on tickets to watch LeBron vs. Giannis.....only to find out both teams rested their star player.

More "load management" crap, seems to be happening far more often in the NBA than in any other sport. :help:

Hopefully the league wises up to this growing practise and tells teams that their star players - who are making more now than ever before - shouldn't be able to take excessive games off to "rest", especially when fans are paying good money to watch them play.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
LeBron sat because his groin injury flared up again, something that has been nagging him since like Christmas. Giannis sits because the Bucks have half a ****ing brain and don't want their franchise player potentially making the injury worse in an absolutely meaningless game given the Bucks are up 3 games on the Raptors have have 50+ wins.

If the NBA wants to do away with the load management crap then they need to find a way to either reduce or eliminate back to back scenarios entirely

Reactions: dahrougem2

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
LeBron sat because his groin injury flared up again, something that has been nagging him since like Christmas. Giannis sits because the Bucks have half a ****ing brain and don't want their franchise player potentially making the injury worse in an absolutely meaningless game given the Bucks are up 3 games on the Raptors have have 50+ wins.

If the NBA wants to do away with the load management crap then they need to find a way to either reduce or eliminate back to back scenarios entirely
Hockey players never take rest games. They take practice off. No games are meaningless. They all count. The point of 82 games is for all players to endure the same stress on their bodies and 1 team comes out on top in the end. This is the type of mentality where players think they are deserving of making the playoffs just for showing up. If your teammates who grind it out for 82 can do it then they should too. That's the point to having an 82 games season, to separate the contenders from the pretenders.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He jinxed himself with the Brinks truck comments. Don't get me wrong, dude was great that year and played thru the death of his sister & a big injury but there was no indication he was going to keep it up long term.
I don't think you can win with a player that size. For all they do offensively they are a liability on D.

Reactions: Voight

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Hockey players never take rest games. They take practice off. No games are meaningless. They all count. The point of 82 games is for all players to endure the same stress on their bodies and 1 team comes out on top in the end. This is the type of mentality where players think they are deserving of making the playoffs just for showing up. If your teammates who grind it out for 82 can do it then they should too. That's the point to having an 82 games season, to separate the contenders from the pretenders.

What are you even talking about. I don't recall any player thinking they deserve the playoffs. That's a bunch of nonsense you concocted.

No game is meaningless? What about the handful of teams with fewer than 20 wins? They're garbage regardless of a win or loss. Ergo, the games are meaningless.

If teams want to give themselves a better chance to win it, then giving their starts the odd rest day or two is fine in my eyes. Tough **** some doofus paid 7k to watch LeBron and Giannis

darko

Feb 16, 2009

A guy with money to burn apparently dropped almost $7k on tickets to watch LeBron vs. Giannis.....only to find out both teams rested their star player.

More "load management" crap, seems to be happening far more often in the NBA than in any other sport. :help:

Hopefully the league wises up to this growing practise and tells teams that their star players - who are making more now than ever before - shouldn't be able to take excessive games off to "rest", especially when fans are paying good money to watch them play.

Good luck with that. Try doing something about it and there'll lot of star players 'feeling unwell'.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I was watching the the Celtics vs 76ers game with the sound turned off. The way he went down I thought that big goof Embiid had been shot. :shakehead

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

I’m not supposed to feel sympathy for the guy that can afford $7K to go to a basketball game, am I? Because I don’t.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fun game between the Sixers and Celtics tonight. Embiid might've had enough of people talking about Horford getting the best of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Straw

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
What are you even talking about. I don't recall any player thinking they deserve the playoffs. That's a bunch of nonsense you concocted.

No game is meaningless? What about the handful of teams with fewer than 20 wins? They're garbage regardless of a win or loss. Ergo, the games are meaningless.

If teams want to give themselves a better chance to win it, then giving their starts the odd rest day or two is fine in my eyes. Tough **** some doofus paid 7k to watch LeBron and Giannis
The only reason why a player sits is to help rest up for the playoffs hence they are more special and get special treatment and take the easiest road there they can. I have never heard of a player take rest days on a non playoff team.
82 games is not a suggestion it's a standard that all the players before have used to set the records and record their dominance over their competition. Not all good players can handle playing 82 games a season but the select few who can and dominate are considered to be the Best. Kawhi Lenoard wins the MVP this season and only plays 62 games and beats out other players who have comparable numbers but played 82 games. In this hypothetical situation does that seem right that he wins the award? He has sat the most this season, and as a Raptors fan I understand why they are doing it, I just don't like it.

It's a rip off to the fans who pay their salaries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad