Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread III (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Umass had a chance to kill off the game in the 1st. Leading 3-1 with the ice completely tilted in their favor and 3+ minutes of PP time, but the coach decided to roll his 3rd and 4th lines on the PP, madness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Makar27 and cgf

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I don't watch a ton of college hockey but Leonard looks good out there for UMass. Is he worth a signing?

Last edited:

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
not in the 2nd and 3rd

200.gif

Reactions: cgf

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Makar was dynamite in the 1st, but just like Umass he didn't do much after that. Still a decent showing with some good defensive plays.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I never agreed with getting Makar on the team this season but I might as well embrace it now. Everybody seems to think it is a done deal anyway when he is done on Sat. Let's see what he can do with the big boys.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
wow, you really believe that?

Yes, he was.

I watched the game from start to finish. He was absolutely the best player for UMass. Just because he didn't light the world on fire every shift doesn't mean he wasn't doing a tonne of great things defensively that dont get noticed so much. Not to mention he made a few great plays as well.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
People shitting on Makar the one tiny sliver of a chance they get :laugh: jesus christ, some things never change.

Dude has been the second coming of christ all season then he sits back when UMass has a two goal lead most of that game. The kid is probably just reserving energy because he has carried that team on his back all post season and they're about to go to the finals.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
wow, you really believe that?
I don't know what game you were watching but Makar did whatever he wanted.

One thing I will say is his effort was variable. Much like his team he kind of shut it down after the first period and a half. But IMO that's on coaching, I think everyone was told to go into prevent mode.

But when he was going full speed. There wasn't a player on DU that could contain him. He was easily the most noticable player on the ice for either team the first 30 minutes of the game.

Reactions: avsfan09

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
On one hand, good for Makar.

On the other hand, bummer for DU. Still an amazing run with the NCAA's 4th youngest roster and youngest coach.

On a third hand...I kinda wanted Makar's NCAA career to end. That game was ALL KINDS of dirty. Flying elbows all over the damned place.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

On the other hand, bummer for DU. Still an amazing run with the NCAA's 4th youngest roster and youngest coach.

On a third hand...I kinda wanted Makar's NCAA career to end. That game was ALL KINDS of dirty. Flying elbows all over the damned place.

It's quite hard to root both for and against Makar at the same time. I've become pretty good at it over the last month.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

I think that was the first time I ever cheered against DU. I really want to see Makar win. It'd be nice way to end his career there. Taking a bottom feeder to National Champs would be quite the turnaround.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's quite hard to root both for and against Makar at the same time. I've become pretty good at it over the last month.

My fear of Avs prospects in major tournaments at the end of the season is reaching paranoid levels. I saw that DU player wearing #16 get absolutely leveled with that elbow to the head and freaked the hell out before realizing it wasn't Makar.

I feel bad that I felt relieved afterwards though...:oops:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Yes, he was.

I watched the game from start to finish. He was absolutely the best player for UMass. Just because he didn't light the world on fire every shift doesn't mean he wasn't doing a tonne of great things defensively that dont get noticed so much. Not to mention he made a few great plays as well.

Nope not even close
They put together a package of how quiet he was.
Buccigross and Melrose kept saying "why is he sitting back and not taking over this game and Pio's took it to them in the 2nd and 3rd.

The 1st period was hardly hockey because of the penalties. Each team had 5 minutes of straight PP time so it doesn't reflect the pace the of the game as the entire 1st was essentially a giant PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad