Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospect Development Tracker - The Heirs to Polak's Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Yeah, that's about right. The organizational perennially fails to get impact guys on that rookie scoring list. The only Dallas Star on that top 50 rookie scoring list is John Klingberg. You know where our forwards are? Nuke, Chiasson, Shore, Janmark. Nuke left, Chiasson got traded, Shore had the league worst +/- last year and Janmark missed an entire year due to injury. No one else had such a successful rookie campaign. Winnipeg, for instance, has had Laine, Connor, Ehlers, Schiefele, and a couple other guys make the NHL over the last few years. Those four named make up most of their top 6. Tampa has had Gourde, Palat, Johnnson, and Point (edit: AND NIKITA KUCHEROV, forgot about that guy, you know, a 100 point scorer). They've moved on from guys like Drouin, Marchessault, Namestnikov, and Panik for other assets (or just lost them).

Anyway, the point is, Jim Nill needs to stop picking charity cases and going off the board and start choosing actual competent hockey players. Adversity is cool and a great driver but often they're just a waste of a pick when your organization is there to compete in the NHL, not the SJW Olympics.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Heiskanen

1 point

lmao

That's what happens when literally no one on the team can score. If this keeps up he will be lucky to hit 20. So stupid how they constantly have Klingberg out there with the Seguin line while that clearly isn't the line that needs help scoring. Could easily throw Heiskanen up with them and let Klingberg try and help the depth guys contribute

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Pretty sure Gurianov will be called up once injuries start to hit . He's had a good camp and pre-season and now looks good in the AHL too . With the way scoring is going or well not going he's going to get a decent opportunity.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Gurianov scored again tonight as did Caamano.

May be playing himself up into a call-up if he keeps this up and the Stars continue this awful depth pace. If Hintz continues to do bad up here/not show anything then I don't see any reason as to why they shouldn't switch places

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
May be playing himself up into a call-up if he keeps this up and the Stars continue this awful depth pace. If Hintz continues to do bad up here/not show anything then I don't see any reason as to why they shouldn't switch places
What’s the worst that happens? He comes up and doesn’t produce any offense. In other words, the worst he can do is what 2/3 of the forwards are doing every night.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Ben Gleason had a gorgeous goal last night

Still wish we would've seen him get some pre-season games in.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Could be L'Esperance or Dowling. I remember Monty was very impressed with Dowling in preseason. Would be so disappointed if it wasn't Gurianov though, assuming one happens.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
L'Esperance or Dowling seem like AHL'ers who for the most part are just useful as 4th line guys with little NHL upside . Gurianov has a rocket of a shot . Its probably better than pretty much our entire NHL roster outside Seguin , Rads and Benn. Its what got him drafted #12 in 2015 .

Its worth to see if that works in the NHL as well. Not sure what L'Esperance or Dowling would bring to the NHL roster.

The team needs a forward to be what Klingberg became on defense when he was first called up. I don't know if anyone can find that kind of lightning in a bottle but from all the forwards on the AHL team Denis has the best chance to actually do something to help the biggest problem. Goal scoring.

Just look at how the goals are scored by the candidates. You see the difference.
L'Esperance and Dowling are hardworking goals around the crease or deflections. Gurianovs are mostly clean hard acurate shots.

Last edited:

________

Feb 6, 2006

Denis Gurianov continued his hot play with his fifth goal in as many games. Laxdal noted that he’s also been one of the team’s best backcheckers, and he plans to use him on the penalty kill starting next weekend.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Denis Gurianov continued his hot play with his fifth goal in as many games. Laxdal noted that he’s also been one of the team’s best backcheckers, and he plans to use him on the penalty kill starting next weekend.

Let's hope he is on the Stars by next weekend. This team needs any shake-up they can get and never hurts to add speed + a nice shot. The 2nd one being something we badly need.

Gurianov is still just 21 years old and it was known from the start that he would need several years of development. I just hope he can prove everyone wrong about him, including me.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Gurianov is still just 21 years old and it was known from the start that he would need several years of development. I just hope he can prove everyone wrong about him, including me.

Same. I've been pretty negative about him here. Nothing personal with Guri - he seems like a good dude. I was mad at Nill. But the Stars could really use a win on a draft pick and hopefully it can be Guri.

I'm assuming him scoring with Nill watching cemented a call up for Tuesday's game.

Reactions: Kcb12345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad