Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospect Development Tracker - The Heirs to Polak's Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hold tightly on to Robertson and never let him go. That was the most impressed with a player I've been since watching Marner 3 years ago or Nurse back in the Soo. His strides were long but powerful, to me his skating did not look notably worse than anyone including Akil Thomas, who has some jets.

He impressed me during training camp but you could tell he needed to work on his skating still (despite getting a couple of breakaways and scoring). Even if his skating doesn't improve though I wouldn't be surprised if he is a 20+ goal scorer in the NHL one day. The guy is just a pure goal scorer and knows how to find the back of the net

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Ty is so bad and don't see nothin in him next wasted pick. Even Lauko is looking better and he is 3rd rounder!! Nill give me your job ! :D

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Ty off to a slow start on a bad Flint team.

No goals and one assist in four games. Leads the team with 9 SOG.

The Firebirds at least just got a really good defenseman from the Knights (Vlad Kolyachonok), which should at least help a little. It's entirely possible that he ends up getting traded this year though.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Flint has 6 goals in 4 games. Only team without a win so far. Given up 26 goals for a -20 (!!!) goal differential.

Can't really blame Dellandrea for that.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It’s the OHL. Top talents score no matter how bad their team is

We’re only 4 games in, Flint is looking historically bad, and Dellandrea seems to be getting used in a mostly defensive role.

I’m not going to make any judgements off of that.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
As bad as the Firebirds are his numbers may not look like he should’ve been a first rounder, especially 10th.

I recently though read the story of him wanting to take on the challenge and getting the team turned around. That’s definitely good to hear from a prospect you just drafted.

That as well as problems of the living area all together could really help build his development and character as a player and person.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
He may never be a #1 center (who knows though, we also have Seguin as well) but a solid #2 growing into the team along with the new head coach.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Hold tightly on to Robertson and never let him go. That was the most impressed with a player I've been since watching Marner 3 years ago or Nurse back in the Soo. His strides were long but powerful, to me his skating did not look notably worse than anyone including Akil Thomas, who has some jets.
Thank you for the info.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Liam Hawel is also having quite the season so far. 4G/9P through 5 games. Not sure if his size is allowing him to dominate (Guelph also has a good team this year), but it's looking good for him via stat-watching.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

14 shots lol wow. Mark also just tweeted he has 8 of Kingston's 14 goals this season

Last edited:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Robertson is doing it all by himself this year doesn’t have a lot of help. We need shooters though, hope he keeps it up.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Yep, goal scorers are pretty important but not as important as excellent defenders (e.g., Roman Polak)

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Yep, goal scorers are pretty important but not as important as excellent defenders (e.g., Roman Polak)

Well there is only one Roman Polak and there will only ever be one Roman Polak so I don’t think we can hold our prospects to that standard. Lucky for Robertson he’ll be playing with Roman and not against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille