GDT: 2018-19 Other Games Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Tierney with more points the Suomela and Karlsson combined, we lost the trade.

Reactions: Phu

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I honestly do not understand what Oilers fans see in Nurse. He is athletic and physical but he always seems to take stupid penalties. Not quite sure if his hockey IQ is quite there.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I honestly do not understand what Oilers fans see in Nurse. He is athletic and physical but he always seems to take stupid penalties. Not quite sure if his hockey IQ is quite there.

His advanced stats were fantastic last year, and I didn’t watch enough of him to say if he was actually all that good, but every time I do watch him, he is a f***ing tire fire.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
Devils looking way better than Oilers this game. Can't draw conclusions from one game (in Sweden no less), but it'll be nice if the Sharks don't need to worry about EDM bouncing back this year.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Which is interesting because off the ice he sounds like a very intelligent person, IMHO.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is the hot seat watch on for Loser Todd yet? Remember when the Sharks needed a really good coach like him to make the playoffs every year, because it’s not like they had one of the best rosters in the league?

What a loser coach. Glad to see he isn’t being overrated anymore. Years of prime Thornton and Marleau were wasted on this mediocre coach that rode their coattails to success. I don’t know what any Sharks fans ever saw in him that said he was anything better than a mediocre head coach.

Reactions: SharksAddict

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Is the hot seat watch on for Loser Todd yet? Remember when the Sharks needed a really good coach like him to make the playoffs every year, because it’s not like they had one of the best rosters in the league?

What a loser coach. Glad to see he isn’t being overrated anymore. Years of prime Thornton and Marleau were wasted on this mediocre coach that rode their coattails to success. I don’t know what any Sharks fans ever saw in him that said he was anything better than a mediocre head coach.
Unbelievable that they kept him for 7 years. He should have been let go after the western conference finals loss to the Canucks.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Unbelievable that they kept him for 7 years. He should have been let go after the western conference finals loss to the Canucks.
I was surprised when he was kept after the 2014 playoffs and reverse sweep.

Looking back on it, that was a brilliant move for Doug Wilson to take some heat off himself and buy himself some time. if he axes McLellan after that and the team still misses the playoffs in 2015 with a new head coach, Doug might have then lost his job. The fact that he kept McLellan one more year, probably gave himself at least another year, when the team missed the playoffs in 2015.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't really like McDavid's off ice persona. It's just so phony, especially after seeing some of his angry outbursts. I know these young studs are usually trained to be as cliche as possible and give no real answers but I'm not a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad