Prospect Info: 2018-19 Oilers Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Craigs list looks pretty much like mine would look..

Maksimov isn't even close. I would bet on him being sent to the ECHL at some point this year.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
I find a Top Ten list irrelevant! More importantly I look at organizational depth. I see a goaltender who is moving to a point where he replaces someone on our roster. I see at least six dmen who can project to replace roster players who need to be paid or replaced in the near future. McD and Drai are here long term. Can anyone project confidently who will be playing forward here in two or three years. Hopefully Yamo Benson Maksimov and Lavoie have positive arrows this season, to that end.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Not surprised that Logan Day and Cameron Hebig aren't on anyone's top 10 list.

I didn't watch much of the Condors this season. How did these two fair in their rookie debuts?

Stat wise both had decent years.

Day- 7G 27A 34Pts
Hebig- 11G 18A 29Pts

Both played down on the depth chart but looks to me both had good seasons..."stat wise"

Fill us in, if some ppl out there had a good look at them this past season. We don't see/read much around here on these two.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not surprised that Logan Day and Cameron Hebig aren't on anyone's top 10 list.

I didn't watch much of the Condors this season. How did these two fair in their rookie debuts?

Stat wise both had decent years.

Day- 7G 27A 34Pts
Hebig- 11G 18A 29Pts

Both played down on the depth chart but looks to me both had good seasons..."stat wise"

Fill us in, if some ppl out there had a good look at them this past season. We don't see/read much around here on these two.
Logan Day is a really hard working kid. A bit older at 24. Don't think he will ever be an NHL player but could have a very solid vet like NHL career.

Hebigs year started pretty good and fell off. He didn't get used that much but that's ebcause he was pushed down the linup by Currie and stronger forwards

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Button's list for what it's worth. I guess he's changed his tune on Bouchard?

abOm8QO.png

McLeod's game has always been 2way, he is perfect for the AHL, big strong C that can flourish on the PK and still get you 50 pts plus. He can skate well for a big guy and will do well next season. He will develop in the AHL and could be 3C in a couple of years.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
This is an article on Yamamoto from June but I didn't see anyone post it:

Kailer Yamamoto’s journey from Spokane Chiefs to NHL has been ‘a whirlwind, a struggle at times, but a lot of fun’

This was particular nice to hear:
"The team in Bakersfield was probably the closest team I’ve been on. They were awesome,” said Yamamoto, who was one of the two 19-year-olds on a team mostly composed of men in their mid-20s. “Everytime you walk into the rink you’ve got a smile on your face because there’s 25 other guys just smiling. I had a phenomenal time.”

When you create an AHL environment like that, players are less likely to see it as some sort of punishment when they are sent down. Definitely need that if the organization is to follow Holland's development philosophy.

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
Guess he told them he wasn’t going to sign. Disappointing but at least they recouped some value.

A shame really. Thought he was developing nicely and was just what we needed but the depth is pretty good at this point. I guess a push of a sixth rounder is better than nothing but 3 years of development gone for very little in return.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
A shame really. Thought he was developing nicely and was just what we needed but the depth is pretty good at this point. I guess a push of a sixth rounder is better than nothing but 3 years of development gone for very little in return.
The oilers did very little to develop this player.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
The oilers did very little to develop this player.

They picked him. I'm sure they spent as much or more than any other team would have.

I think it sucks that they get a depth pick that is developing nicely and he bails.

Karma for Schultz I guess but I really want that loophole gone.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
They picked him. I'm sure they spent as much or more than any other team would have.

I think it sucks that they get a depth pick that is developing nicely and he bails.

Karma for Schultz I guess but I really want that loophole gone.
It’s not really a loophole at all, CHL players can do the exact same thing and be a UFA in the same timeframe if they want. It just seems to happen a lot more with NCAA guys.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Guess he told them he wasn’t going to sign. Disappointing but at least they recouped some value.

The Oil have a lot of solid looking prospects ahead of him in the system. As a 21 year old D I think the Pens system would look way more promising so no big surprise. They spent a 6th and got one back.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
It’s not really a loophole at all, CHL players can do the exact same thing and be a UFA in the same timeframe if they want. It just seems to happen a lot more with NCAA guys.

So a player can choose to play in the CHL? I thought the Oilers had control of CHL players. Where in college I thought the choice was the players.

Academic versus a junior league... No?

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
So a player can choose to play in the CHL? I thought the Oilers had control of CHL players. Where in college I thought the choice was the players.

Academic versus a junior league... No?
The NHL team has ‘control’ of a player drafted out of the CHL for two years after the draft. But the player can absolutely refuse to sign with the team. After two years the player will either re-enter the draft or will become a UFA depending on their age. It happened to the team with Rieder the first time around, they just happened to trade him to a team who he signed with.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The NHL team has ‘control’ of a player drafted out of the CHL for two years after the draft. But the player can absolutely refuse to sign with the team. After two years the player will either re-enter the draft or will become a UFA depending on their age. It happened to the team with Rieder the first time around, they just happened to trade him to a team who he signed with.

Jarrett Stoll was originally a Flames draft pick but refused to sign. Went back into the draft and the Oilers grabbed him.

Reactions: BarDownBobo

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Anyone watching/following the juniors tournament this weekend/next week?

I know Broberg is playing, anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad