League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Were I a GM of any other team than the Washington Capitals, I absolutely would not sign any UFAs the Caps let walk away/get rid of - Brouwer, Semin (Canes still paying him over $2 mil for three more years), Alzner looks like a candidate for buy-out...

It's like a booby-trap.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Were I a GM of any other team than the Washington Capitals, I absolutely would not sign any UFAs the Caps let walk away/get rid of - Brouwer, Semin (Canes still paying him over $2 mil for three more years), Alzner looks like a candidate for buy-out...

It's like a booby-trap.

Truth.

Hendricks
Chimera (did have a 20 goal season)
Brouwer
Semin
Fehr
Ward
Alzner
Neuvirth

And even though I wish Beagle the best the Canucks are about to get a little taste.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Truth.

Hendricks
Chimera (did have a 20 goal season)
Brouwer
Semin
Fehr
Ward
Alzner
Neuvirth

And even though I wish Beagle the best the Canucks are about to get a little taste.

wait, Wait, WAit, WAIt, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT......WAIT!!!!

Just hold on a second. Are you telling me players regress after leaving the Capitals? That they....uh.....get worse?

That an Ovechkin dominated team actually made other players......(gulp).....BETTER???

BS. That narrative is held only for extraterrestrial players like Crosby and co. NO FREAKING way!!!

You take that crap someplace else, Sam. Seriously, give Your Head a Shake :punk:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
That’s a terrible trade for Carolina. If that’s the best you can get for him then just wait until the deadline next year or something. On the other end Buffalo can either re-sign him for flip him at the deadline if they’re terrible again and didn’t have to give up any big piece to get him.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
The timing is odd, if at the draft I could see to free up money for FA... Now that nothing is left to sign . I don't get the trade, maybe skinner demanded a trade

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Can you imagine if the Sabres know they can't re-sign him and flip him for a 1st rounder? :laugh:

I take back my Canes fighting for a playoff spot prediction, who the heck is gonna score for them?

Reactions: um

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
He's ninth in the league in ES goals over the last four years, but gets very few on the PP (I don't know if that's because of usage or what). Obviously a very unlikable guy though.

I’ve got no dog in this fight.... however, if you read the Skinner trade on the mains, seems Skinner sucks at D, is soft, and is a bit of a puck hog. Sounds a little “Seminish” to me. Which is fine and all. But perhaps not the kind of guy that “wins”.....in the end.

Dunno.

Also...queues up the “Canes got Pu in return for Skinner”....and all the derivations. Some funny stuff

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad