Pre-Game Talk: 2018-19 NHL Playoffs: Potential 1st Round Matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
What a night for Columbus! They beat the Habs 6-2, take their 2WC and push them down to #9. Carolina (WC1) loses in Washington and is just 1 point ahead of CBJ with the same amount of games remaining.

The Habs play 4 more games, Columbus and Carolina 5:

Montreal:
at WPG
vs TBL
at WSH
vs TOR

Columbus:
at NSH
at BUF
vs BOS
at NYR
at OTT

Carolina:
vs PHI

at PIT
at TOR

vs NJ
at PHI

bold = home game
red = playoff teams

Last edited:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Not liking Montreal’s chances
Simply put,
giphy.gif

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Montreal is so f***ed. They better hope Carolina putters out while they win out. Oh well I'm not complaiming. I'd just be missing yet ANOTHER playoff series against Price and his team of clutch and grab. Already seen it twice

I hope the Leafs win their series because it's gonna be something different should we be there to meet them. This division format is the worst idea anyone could have had. They honest to God think ratings are up because of "rivalries" and not perhaps because we AREN'T in the DPE anymore

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I'm no thrilled with playing Columbus. If Bob gets hot, it could be a long series.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Habs fan coming in pepperoni.
Do you think/know if any of your team players will be playoff resting on tuesday vs the Habs?
Unfortunately for us we are in need of a miracle with Carolina losing today against PIT and Toronto on tuesday.
Praise be to the Spaghetti monster!

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Do you think/know if any of your team players will be playoff resting on tuesday vs the Habs?
Unfortunately for us we are in need of a miracle with Carolina losing today against PIT and Toronto on tuesday.

No Vasilevsky - a 2nd game of a back-to-back usually reserved for Domingue
No Girardi - injured
Probably no Hedman - injury, status unknown

I don't think we gonna rest any player unless its injury related.
We have extra players and do a rotation of sort. Lately due to injuries it was not that strict, so hard to say. Probably Martel and Callahan will play only one game each of this back-to-back.

Reactions: Holystik

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
5-game winning streak for Columbus after 4-0 win over Buffalo. Carolina lost 1-3 against Pittsburgh.

3 Games remaining for all three teams:

M3 Pittsburgh 97P
WC1 Columbus 94P
WC2 Carolina 93P
9 Montreal 92P

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The playoff forum is officially open. I can all but hear a few of you seeing the rules and yelling in the best Robert Baratheon voice ever "f*** that I wanna hit somebody!!"

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Won't matter.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Won't matter.
Sadly for us, this is true. We are curious to know who you guys will play in nets tonight in Ottawa. On our boards, we are guessing it's Pasquale tonight and Vasilevskiy tomorrow in Montréal. How do you guys see it? I haven't kept track on the records that are within reach of your team and how important they are to the organization though. In any case, as bad as we would get beaten up on the scoreboard in a 7 game series against the Lightning, I'm really hoping we get in just to watch 4 more games this season.

Edit: Saw that Vasilevskiy should be playing tonight in Ottawa. Looks like I got my answer.

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
5-game winning streak for Columbus after 4-0 win over Buffalo. Carolina lost 1-3 against Pittsburgh.

3 Games remaining for all three teams:

M3 Pittsburgh 97P
WC1 Columbus 94P
WC2 Carolina 93P
9 Montreal 92P
If you're including Pitt you may as well include Toronto too as a possibility.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Sadly for us, this is true. We are curious to know who you guys will play in nets tonight in Ottawa. On our boards, we are guessing it's Pasquale tonight and Vasilevskiy tomorrow in Montréal. How do you guys see it? I haven't kept track on the records that are within reach of your team and how important they are to the organization though. In any case, as bad as we would get beaten up on the scoreboard in a 7 game series against the Lightning, I'm really hoping we get in just to watch 4 more games this season.

Edit: Saw that Vasilevskiy should be playing tonight in Ottawa. Looks like I got my answer.

Don't think we have yet to start our backup on the first night of a back to back so Vasy most likely in net....as per your edit.

I also think your chances aren't great in the playoffs but I can understand wanting to keep hope alive!

Reactions: Rockomax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark