NBA 2018-19 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Wow, they pulled it off.

Big test passed by the Raps.

Pistons beat the Warriors in Curry's return while on a back-to-back.

1) Warriors don't give a damn about the regular season. Just as long as they get fully healthy, are rested and have home court through at least the first two rounds.

2) The regular season should mean jack squat to Toronto fans. They've moved past that plateau at this point. It's all about what they do in the playoffs.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I've never liked Hoiberg, but except for Lavine the Bulls aren't that talented.

Dumbest rumor ever: Durant to the Knicks.

Last edited:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Don't think the rumor's that dumb. I see it happening. Durant would be a good fit on the Knicks and get them back to relevance.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Pistons beat the Warriors in Curry's return while on a back-to-back.

1) Warriors don't give a damn about the regular season. Just as long as they get fully healthy, are rested and have home court through at least the first two rounds.

2) The regular season should mean jack squat to Toronto fans. They've moved past that plateau at this point. It's all about what they do in the playoffs.

3) Nobody said anything about the Raptors were winning the championship based on their win against GSW.

Sep 19, 2008
Routinely criticized the NBA for lack of parity but the West is really impressive right now. Gasp...someone is leading the West who isn't Golden State! Nugs won 6 straight. Thunder been playing better after a bad start. Even my Lakers 5th seed!

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Routinely criticized the NBA for lack of parity but the West is really impressive right now. Gasp...someone is leading the West who isn't Golden State! Nugs won 6 straight. Thunder been playing better after a bad start. Even my Lakers 5th seed!

Your Lakers lmao.

Reactions: Ivan13 and Cassano

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They will never get back to relevance with Dolan running the team.

GarPax must have some serious dirt on Reinsdorf.

:dunno: Perry & Mills have successfully bribed NY-area venues to hire Dolan’s shitty band so often that he’s forgotten that the Knicks exist...so far...

If they can keep Dolan distracted, we can have a sliver of hope

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Didn't have a good feeling about Fultz at the draft, now I see why. Just didnt seem like first overall material at the time.

Well, the hope is that they have correctly identified the problem and with rest and PT he'll be ok. If so, he should be fine. But there is also the possibility that it could be a recurring thing that he has to deal with throughout his whole career. I don't think they know, at least it hasn't been reported, what actually caused this in the first place.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Well, the hope is that they have correctly identified the problem and with rest and PT he'll be ok. If so, he should be fine. But there is also the possibility that it could be a recurring thing that he has to deal with throughout his whole career. I don't think they know, at least it hasn't been reported, what actually caused this in the first place.
Kevin McHale had the absolute worst take on this. Started blaming Fultz and said he was using this as a excuse to justify his poor play.
Said that he wished all he needed to do in his day was blame every bad shot or pass on some made up syndrome. I don't know much about this condition or its affect on Fultz but I highly doubt McHale does either. Just came across really tone deaf and in poor taste to me.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Kevin McHale had the absolute worst take on this. Started blaming Fultz and said he was using this as a excuse to justify his poor play.
Said that he wished all he needed to do in his day was blame every bad shot or pass on some made up syndrome. I don't know much about this condition or its affect on Fultz but I highly doubt McHale does either. Just came across really tone deaf and in poor taste to me.

I'd like to see Kevin McHale's medical school diploma.

Reactions: cgf

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Ok, the story gets weirder. Turns out that there is an actual Dr Kevin McHale who practices at Penn and was interviewed by Philly ESPN radio. So pick which Kevin McHale you want to believe.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If this is truly the main issue then it's great they've identified it and are working on it but I don't think anyone believes it's the only issue. In Woj's article when he first wrote about Fultz going out to meet with doctors, he mentioned that teammates are concerned for Fultz's well-being. Today Stephen A said Fultz is dealing with some personal issues and demons and hopes he gets the help he needs. It really seems like this is more than just a physical basketball issue with him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Kawhi is a bad man.

The most surprising part about this game has been JV's defense on Embiid.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

He went #1 because it was a weak draft year. I also believe he has other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad