Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Right now Brooks needs to go on a Moore run. He had a good end to his season, a strong start to the playoffs, and now needs to start out well next season before getting considered for an NHL job. His defensive game still needs work too.

Gauthier is still the much better option, and has earned that 4C job with his play this year. He should be the 4C next year.

Brooks has played on the wing effectively as well.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
My God Sandin is so strong along the boards. This kid is something special. However he and Liljegren had a really bad shift together, they were WAY to cute in their own end and turned over the puck

I'm still certain Rosen will be called up and hopefully Toronto can get someone to fill that 3RdRHD spot

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Hopefully they bring back the other guys that could play for them this series and play them. They may not as Rosen is already back. They didn't send Kapanen back last year either. I hate when they don't ice their best possible roster every game in the AHL.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

He's a far better transition/2 way player than I was expecting remembering his draft year write ups

I don't think he's going to be a huge points producer but that's not what this team needs

I'd kill for an all situations minute eating RD that doesn't lose his mind with the puck on his stick and can make a ******* outlet pass

That's what I think he ends up developing into

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He's a far better transition/2 way player than I was expecting remembering his draft year write ups

I don't think he's going to be a huge points producer but that's not what this team needs

I'd kill for an all situations minute eating RD that doesn't lose his mind with the puck on his stick and can make a ******* outlet pass

I will easily take a 30-35 point 2 way defenceman that can play in any situation over a 45+ point offensive defenceman.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs.
Updated Wednesday April 24th

Games today

Game 4: Saginaw wins 4-1
Saginaw leads 3-1

Game 3: Prince Albert wins 2-1
Series tied 2-2
Scott 1 goal on 26 shots

Game 3: Vancouver wins 4-3 in OT
Vancouver leads 3-1

Liiga
Finals: Karpat(2) vs HPK(5)
Series tied 1-1
Jesper Lindgren
Series:
GP 2 Goals Assists 1 Points 1
Playoffs:
GP 13 Goals 1 Assists 3 Points 4
Regular season:
GP: 45 Goals: 2 Assists: 17 Points: 19

OHL

2nd round: Saginaw(1) vs Guelph(4)
Saginaw leads 3-1
Fedor Gordeev
Series:
GP 4 Goals Assists 1 Points 1
Playoffs:
GP 15 Goals 1 Assists 1 Points 2
Regular season:
GP: 63 Goals: 7 Assists: 25 Points: 32

WHL
3rd round: Prince Albert(1) vs Edmonton(1)
Series tied 2-2
Ian Scott
Series:
GP 4 SV% .920 GAA 2.36 SO 1
Playoffs:
GP 14 SV% .924 GAA 1.96 SO 2
Regular season:
GP: 49 SV%: .932 GAA: 1.83 SO: 8

3rd round: Vancouver(1) vs Spokane(2)
Vancouver leads 3-1
Filip Kral
Series:
GP 3 Goals Assists Points
Playoffs:
GP 13 Goals Assists 2 Points 2
Regular season:
GP: 47 Goals: 10 Assists: 26 Points: 36

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Whatever a tier up on Stralman is, that is what I think he becomes.

Reactions: Kiwi

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Question was asked to Keefe on Sandin and Lilly, about how much confidence that these two teenagers gave him throughout the series, and were there any reluctancy to ever put them in that role?

"No, I mean it's been such a long period of time now that we have relied on those guys. They have done well for us. If those young guys can't step up and play the minutes that they had to for us at different times when we were depleted through injuries or callups or whatever it was, we don't get to play in the playoffs. So, we had full confidence in them for sure. We moved things around today with Rosen's arrival. We thought pairing Sandin and Hollowell because there is some level of similarity there from Sault Ste. Marie that could help Hollowell, and give us three pairs that we feel comfortable putting on the ice".

Reactions: JustTheStatsMaam

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Whatever a tier up on Stralman is, that is what I think he becomes.
I keep thinking like a right handed prime Dan Hamhuis in terms of production and how he controls the play.

Dan put up 20-40 points every year, played 22 minutes a night, usually had around a 45/55% ozs/dzs split and only had a CF less than 50% in one season. One of the steadiest two way guys in the league for a decade.

Reactions: aingefan

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Kas stealing the show with his .960 save%.
Bracco and Tima at ppg too, along with Sandin and Brooks. Mueller too, but expected from the A-beast.
Lili getting praise. Hollowell and Ruszak too. Rosen coming back.
Looking good.

horner

May 22, 2007
With Washingtons loss last night in the playoffs.
The Russian world Cup team will be adding a few forwards to there lineup.
Korshkov won't make there team and we will hopefully see him on the Marlies .

Reactions: teddygmr

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Kas stealing the show with his .960 save%.
Bracco and Tima at ppg too, along with Sandin and Brooks. Mueller too, but expected from the A-beast.
Lili getting praise. Hollowell and Ruszak too. Rosen coming back.
Looking good.
It's great to see! With our current crop of ELC players expiring, it's great to know we have cheap (and good) recruits coming soon. I'm very excited about Hollowell too. I thought he was a great pick from day one and now he's feeling more and more like a steal. I wonder what the upper limit is for this guy? Something tells me he'll reach it.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Or he's a good coach and is giving a player confidence when he needs it. He wasn't horrible but had a few bad moments. C'mon now.

Coaches see the game completely different sometimes. Babcock and Marleau is a good example.

I thought Liljegren was pretty good to me though. He had bad moments but a lot more good moments.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Coaches see the game completely different sometimes. Babcock and Marleau is a good example.

I thought Liljegren was pretty good to me though. He had bad moments but a lot more good moments.
And you expect inconsistency like that in a junior aged player. Just a part of the game.

Honestly he's been great amd should be pushing for a job by the time camp rolls around. A good 2nd round and beyond would go a long way towards that.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Or he's a good coach and is giving a player confidence when he needs it. He wasn't horrible but had a few bad moments. C'mon now.
Keefe tells it how it is. When a player is good, he will say it. When a player is not good, he will say it.
Lilly was really good in the series, and Keefe thinks that as well.
You also made a determination based off one game Lilly isn't ready, so I don't know if I should take you seriously.

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
Rielly RHD
Muzzin Liljegren
Sandin Dermott
Rosen

Liljigren isn't prepared to take on a top 4 role in the NHL yet. Frankly, it's not even clear whether he will ever amount to anything more than a Connor Carrick. Realistically, we are going to sign a stop gap, ideally we will trade Nylander for Pesce or Manson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad