Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Carrick also should not have been playing those games. He was terrible.

We could have put Liljegren in the NHL last year if we wanted and he probably could have done as well as Carrick did in those 34 games. Anybody can play in the NHL, but it doesn't mean they are ready for the NHL. We decided to value Liljegren's progression rather than being stupid and rushing a guy who was clearly not ready, like Washington did with Carrick. The next year Carrick spent the entire time in the AHL. The year after, he played in 3 NHL games before coming to the Leafs, who then played him in 16 more games (mostly because we played any half decent looking prospect and had pretty much no one else to play RD).

I'm not going to comment on the rest of your post, but I'm just going to say that referencing Carrick as a "comparable" is not helping your case. By that logic, Brannstrom also sucks because he has only played 2 NHL games by his D+2 year (vs. Carrick's 34) and has not put up amazing production (32 points in 50 games) for a guy who is far more offensive-minded defenseman than Liljegren (or Carrick for that matter). I would also say that if we treated Liljegren like an offensive-defenseman rather than developing him into someone who is useful to the Leafs going forward (i.e. someone who can handle more than just cushy offensive minutes and PP time), his production and surface numbers would probably look a lot better than they do right now. We decided to give him a real challenge, which many other teams do not do with prospects his age in the AHL, and he's handled it well. If other teams did the same thing we did with Liljegren, I bet the gap wouldn't look as large as it does right now.
ok,,it's pretty simple IMO, many respected pundits said getting little grin was a coup , now we have to have faith in our development system and of course,,,,,,,,,,,have something so many leafs fans have little of ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,PATIENCE!!!!!!

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Wonder if they throw Hutchinson on waivers in hopes he goes unclaimed and can then play for the Marlies. He's a UFA at years end anyway so is it worth risking losing his rights to try to get him there for the Marlies run? IDK

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Wonder if they throw Hutchinson on waivers in hopes he goes unclaimed and can then play for the Marlies. He's a UFA at years end anyway so is it worth risking losing his rights to try to get him there for the Marlies run? IDK

Between Woll, Scott and Kask I doubt Hutch is coming back. However Scott could go back as an overager

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Between Woll, Scott and Kask I doubt Hutch is coming back. However Scott could go back as an overager

Woll literally can't go down. If he could he would have been there already. I doubt they want to rely on Scott.It's great that he's there and all(when he loses in the WHL, could be a while), but given what's at risk(losing Hutch's UFA rights) it feels like a no brainer to me. Unless Dubas wanted to work out something with Hutch as a backup for next year now.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Gotta be Marincin and Rosen.

Not sure if TMoore can go.
Moore, Rosen, Marincin and Hutchinson I think would be eligible. That would be massive for the Marlies. If they in fact get all 4 already up 2-0 they could go on a serious run in the post-season with the likes of Bracco and Sandin looking dangerous.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Moore, Rosen, Marincin and Hutchinson I think would be eligible. That would be massive for the Marlies. If they in fact get all 4 already up 2-0 they could go on a serious run in the post-season with the likes of Bracco and Sandin looking dangerous.
Hutch can't but the other three yes.

Syracuse might be out in the first round too. Getting at least one LD back would be massive for the Marlies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Why can't Hutch? He played there all season.
Because they called him up and he was down there for more than 30 days.

So they could put him on waivers and hope nobody claims him, but another team in the Marlies division would probably claim and block us from sending him down.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs.
Updated Tuesday April 23rd

Games today

Game 2: HPK wins 3-1
Series tied 1-1
Lindgren 1 assist

Game 3: Edmonton wins 5-1
Edmonton leads 2-1
Scott 5 goals on 39 shots

Game 3: Spokane wins 3-2 in OT
Vancouver leads 2-1

Liiga
Finals: Karpat(2) vs HPK(5)
Series tied 1-1
Jesper Lindgren
Series:
GP 2 Goals Assists 1 Points 1
Playoffs:
GP 13 Goals 1 Assists 3 Points 4
Regular season:
GP: 45 Goals: 2 Assists: 17 Points: 19

OHL

2nd round: Saginaw(1) vs Guelph(4)
Saginaw leads 2-1
Fedor Gordeev
Series:
GP 3 Goals Assists 1 Points 1
Playoffs:
GP 14 Goals 1 Assists 1 Points 2
Regular season:
GP: 63 Goals: 7 Assists: 25 Points: 32

WHL
3rd round: Prince Albert(1) vs Edmonton(1)
Edmonton leads 2-1
Ian Scott
Series:
GP 3 SV% .909 GAA 2.78 SO 1
Playoffs:
GP 13 SV% .922 GAA 2.03 SO 2
Regular season:
GP: 49 SV%: .932 GAA: 1.83 SO: 8

3rd round: Vancouver(1) vs Spokane(2)
Vancouver leads 2-1
Filip Kral
Series:
GP 3 Goals Assists Points
Playoffs:
GP 13 Goals Assists 2 Points 2
Regular season:
GP: 47 Goals: 10 Assists: 26 Points: 36

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Because they called him up and he was down there for more than 30 days.

So they could put him on waivers and hope nobody claims him, but another team in the Marlies division would probably claim and block us from sending him down.

What does it matter if Hutchinson were claimed on waivers? He's a UFA anyways. At worst it would give the team another contract space to work with before the reset on July 1st.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Hutch can't but the other three yes.

Syracuse might be out in the first round too. Getting at least one LD back would be massive for the Marlies.

lol, getting Moore and Rosen on the Marlies is like adding Matthews and Rielly to the Maple Leafs...it is f***ing HUGE!
Very excited to see how this team competes with a full roster. I just hope I can find a stream for todays game (I paid for AHLTV home and away for the Marlies and they want me to spend another $40CDN to watch the entire playoffs even tho I only care about the Marlies...that is a hard, I'm never going to pay, fee for something that should have been included in my subscription)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Can anybody on the big team go down and help the Marlies out? Moore?

Rosen was sent down this morning.

Don't believe anyone else is eligible. (except for Hutch but he needs to be placed on waivers now, so we'll see in an hour if he is)

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Rosen was sent down this morning.

Don't believe anyone else is eligible. (except for Hutch but he needs to be placed on waivers now, so we'll see in an hour if he is)

I believe Marincin was recalled after the trade deadline and Moore was emergency recalled on trade deadline day. So Marincin for sure and Moore maybe?

Marincin could possibly go play for Slovakia at the Worlds and work on getting a new gig in 2019-20.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I believe Marincin was recalled after the trade deadline and Moore was emergency recalled on trade deadline day. So Marincin for sure and Moore maybe?

Marincin yes actually.

Moore I don't think so because if he was eligible, he would have just been loaned like Rosen was this morning.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
What are the odds Sandin pulls a McAvoy and immediately forces himself into the top 4 next year as a rookie?
He should, for all the people that say not to rush him or whatever, what if...he has a terrific rookie year like McAvoy or Sergachev?

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
What are the odds Sandin pulls a McAvoy and immediately forces himself into the top 4 next year as a rookie?
With Babcock as the coach, very unlikely.

From watching some of the games, Sandin still makes some rookie mistakes like Dermott does now. I think he'd be sheltered. Most of his production is coming because of his role on the PP.

I think letting him develop would probably be best rather than rushing him into it.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Sandin is not as elite as Mcavoy. That would be hard to do considering Mcavoy is one of the very best young D in the league. I dont think Sandin will step into the top 4. He will start being sheltered on the bottom pairing just as Dermott did. I do think Dermott will be top 4 next year though.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada

Sandin is Toronto's 2nd best LHD
Rosen is Toronto's best LHD. He is an allstar, top10 in points for a Dman. He is the better choice and people seem to forget him

The only way Sandin makes it to the big club is if Rosen totally and completely shits the bed while Sandin totally dominates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad