Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Must mean Rosen-Liljegren is back to being our top pairing. If Mac Hollowell can step in and be a quality player, the defense should be good enough in front of how Kaskisuo has been playing to make a legit run. Even if Hollowell is not amazing, Oleksy can at least be serviceable for someone like Sandin. At least he should allow Sandin to play his game. Borgman-LoVerde can be our bottom pairing... They've sucked together before, but they've also been decent together at times too.

Now if we could only add another good forward or two to the group...

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Rosen, Hutch and Moore should all be available soon.

Does Marincin qualify to be sent down? Or will he play for Slovakia instead?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Must mean Rosen-Liljegren is back to being our top pairing. If Mac Hollowell can step in and be a quality player, the defense should be good enough in front of how Kaskisuo has been playing to make a legit run. Even if Hollowell is not amazing, Oleksy can at least be serviceable for someone like Sandin. At least he should allow Sandin to play his game. Borgman-LoVerde can be our bottom pairing... They've sucked together before, but they've also been decent together at times too.

Now if we could only add another good forward or two to the group...

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

LOL literally what I had except Sandin-Hollowell were the 2nd pairing... I doubt he really puts them in order though.

With the lack of quality forwards, they should stick with Oleksy over Conrad or MacMaster. 7D worked, so stick with it.

horner

May 22, 2007
Sandin is Toronto's 2nd best LHD
Rosen is Toronto's best LHD. He is an allstar, top10 in points for a Dman. He is the better choice and people seem to forget him

The only way Sandin makes it to the big club is if Rosen totally and completely ****s the bed while Sandin totally dominates
If they are both ready .
Trade Rosen for a right handed dman

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
I felt like Liljegren was getting burned quite a bit last game? He doesn't seem NHL ready to me.

Lets hope Sandin can take the next step after a solid playoffs so far.

Reactions: FreeBird

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
If they are both ready .
Trade Rosen for a right handed dman

Sandin is not ready. Not even close really... Rosen won't return much in a trade either. He may get a late round pick or something, but nothing the Leafs could realistically use more than they could use Rosen himself.

Rosen should be competing with Borgman and, if he ends up signing with us as rumoured, Teemu Kivihalme for the 3rd pairing LD job next year. I think he could do well in a bottom pairing role in the NHL.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Involving Hollowell more is a bold coaching decision. Despite the 2-0 series lead based on 2 big road wins, the Marlies can play better.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Rosen has played like 3 NHL games and is 25. Who are you trading him for?

Connor Carrick?

The Leafs have to test LHD like Dermott, Rosen and Sandin on the right side and possibly make this LHD-RHD concern moot. Hainsey can do it. Marincin can sort of do it. This type of versatility solves a lot of headaches when injuries strike.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
What does it matter if Hutchinson were claimed on waivers? He's a UFA anyways. At worst it would give the team another contract space to work with before the reset on July 1st.
I wouldn't really care if we did or not, I was just saying that's why he wouldn't be able to play for the Marlies.

horner

May 22, 2007
Sandin is not ready. Not even close really... Rosen won't return much in a trade either. He may get a late round pick or something, but nothing the Leafs could realistically use more than they could use Rosen himself.

Rosen should be competing with Borgman and, if he ends up signing with us as rumoured, Teemu Kivihalme for the 3rd pairing LD job next year. I think he could do well in a bottom pairing role in the NHL.
We will see come next season.
My bet is on Sandin .

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
We will see come next season.
My bet is on Sandin .
You might as well offset Liljegren and Sandins contracts for a year and let Sandin take over Liljegrens role full time.

Obviously if Sandin pushes his way into the lineup then fine, but I think we see Liljegren with the Leafs (Better all round game currently, right shot, ELC can no longer slide) to start the year and Sandin starts with the Marlies.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Rochester with some heavy pressure the last little bit. Down 2-1 with just over 12 minutes left in the 3rd.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Been saying this for a while but it feels like a good time to say it again. Brooks should be our 4C next year over the goat.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Hollowell played fantastic today. He made clean passes from behind the net to start rushes up the ice. Sandin got knocked around a bit. Same with Rosen. Lilly was very steady. Solid player, does everything well. Good sweep and start for the Marlies.

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Been saying this for a while but it feels like a good time to say it again. Brooks should be our 4C next year over the goat.

Right now Brooks needs to go on a Moore run. He had a good end to his season, a strong start to the playoffs, and now needs to start out well next season before getting considered for an NHL job. His defensive game still needs work too.

Gauthier is still the much better option, and has earned that 4C job with his play this year. He should be the 4C next year.

Reactions: Lauro

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Nice upset for the Marlies in the first round. Rochester has some talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->