Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I was a glutton for punishment and took a peek at the Habs trade thread on their board. (I was bored).

Some of those guys were saying Carter was a cap dump so in addition to Vilardi/JAD and Clague + for Patches, if we wanted to dump Carter, we would have to add.

:huh: :skeptic: :help:

:laugh:

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
If Panarin cost the Kings Tanner Pearson or Tyler Toffoli and one of Alec Martinez or Jake Muzzin (with the idea that Slava Voynov joins the team at a later point), and some other assets, do you go for it?

Panarin is a right-hand shot who plays LW, so I figure if a move were to be made, Pearson would likely be the most likely one to go.

Jeff Skinner is also a LW, and I would think in a one-for-one, the Kings would come out on top in a swap of Skinner-Pearson, though his contract status is going to be a bit of a concern.

That said, I'm glad to see that Rob Blake is actively looking at ways to improve the team and is trying to set the team up to win now without salvaging the future of the franchise and hanging onto his top prospects and high draft selections.

Tentative yes, depending on what the other assets are

Reactions: deaderhead28

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Sign Ian Cole 3 years 2 million AAV. Trade Reider, Brodzinski for picks . Or trade Cliffy give his contract to Reider.

Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Iaffalo-Kempe-Vilardi
Clifford/Reider-Amadio-Lewis
Thompson

Forbort-Doughty
Phaneuf-Muzzin
Cole-Martinez
Fantenberg,Ladue

Quick
Campbell

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Cole just turned 29, and he's one of the few decent free agent d-men left. You're thinking he's going to sign for the same contract he just had, but $300k lighter in the wallet? I would think you might have to bump up the cash a bit. Or make it $6m for 2 years. Something like that.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Most of it was reported on the podcast but here are the Kings-related news from Friedman in his written blog:

31 Thoughts: All eyes on John Tavares during UFA interview period - Sportsnet.ca

6. Sometime before Round 2, Montreal went to Max Pacioretty with a trade offer from the Kings. An extension was included. It was time-sensitive, because 2018 draft picks were included. Pacioretty said no, and switched agents to Allan Walsh. Can it be revived? Not sure. I do think the Kings considered adding two scorers, not stopping with Ilya Kovalchuk. But the issue is going to be Pacioretty’s next contract.

I do believe he would like to play in Los Angeles, but would also like to make up for what he left on the table with the Canadiens. LA can’t fit that. Pacioretty is upset and the Canadiens are upset, so even though word was they may keep him now, that’s going to be awkward if it happens. GM Marc Bergevin will revisit this, maybe depending on who misses their target on July 1.

7. There were rumblings Jake Muzzin was part of the Pacioretty trade, but that was denied. The Canadiens are believed to have inquired about Carolina’s Victor Rask.

8. Sounds like Los Angeles will not qualify Tobias Rieder. Acquired from Arizona just before the deadline, he will be a free agent.

14. Draft rumblings were that Artemi Panarin’s preferences (in no particular order) are Los Angeles, New York and Florida.

25. Dwight King, who played last season in the KHL, is looking to return, even on a two-way deal. He’s played 365 NHL games for Los Angeles and Montreal.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Sign Ian Cole 3 years 2 million AAV. Trade Reider, Brodzinski for picks . Or trade Cliffy give his contract to Reider.

Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Iaffalo-Kempe-Vilardi
Clifford/Reider-Amadio-Lewis
Thompson

Forbort-Doughty
Phaneuf-Muzzin
Cole-Martinez
Fantenberg,Ladue

Quick
Campbell
Kings need a another top 6 fwd or top 4 defensemen.Cole doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad