8. Rubtsov, German - 47%
9. Vorobyev, Mikhail - 85%
10. Laczynski, Tanner - 50%
11. Aube-Kubel, Nicolas - 67%

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Got to go Hogberg again, no, he's not "sexy," he'll probably never put up more than 20 ES points a year, and never play on the PP.
But there's real value in a smart, mobile defenseman.
He should fill out to 6'1 200-210 lbs with top instincts, good all around skills.

Hogberg should also advance quickly, he'll start on a regular basis at 20 in the SHL this year, probably come over next year and start in the AHL, then push for a NHL job by 2020-21.

I think his upside is probably 2nd pair D-man with someone like Myers.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I voted Kase can't wait to see what he can do with the phantoms this season.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I'm going to stick with Kalynuk. He probably has the highest upside of the remaining players.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
iLk0yxi.jpg

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Gotta stick with the Strome love.

One thing for sure is that it's f***in awesome to have so many solid names left on the board. Hopefully we can get some real polls and discussion going because NAK at 67% is hilarious. Not saying I don't value the guy highly but group vote thinking is old news here.

Hogberg would be next in line for me, but maybe because of being exposed to his play compared to the others left.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Ah ha, consensus collapse at last! Not that we haven't had some splits before but now we're all over the map.

Are we going to 20 or 25 this year?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Went with Cates. It was a toss up between him and Kase. I have watched Kase a lot with Chomutov and at least 20 times with Mora last season. I just have this hunch that Cates will be a very good player down the road.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Went Strome but I have 10 guys in this tier.

I just can't force myself to vote for him, yet. His skating is insanely bad. With how bad his stride and technique already are I don't see much room for improvement unless major changes happen.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I just can't force myself to vote for him, yet. His skating is insanely bad. With how bad his stride and technique already are I don't see much room for improvement unless major changes happen.

He really died at the end of the year. I watched all/most of his OHL Finals & Mem Cup games. Not good.

I don't want to turn on him for a small sample of games. But we have so many other intriguing forwards I couldn't help but bump him down below guys like Lycksell, Kase, Cates, and Sushko. Not to mention a bunch of defensemen.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Can't skate but was arguably the best player (until they traded for Thomas) on one of the top CHL teams as an 18 year old. That's still impressive. If he had had a better finish to the season I'd imagine he would have gotten a bump from the rest of the fanbase but he didn't so he's still on the board. I originally had him on the previous tier of players when I was doing a rough outline, but decided to move him back because of the skating risk. My thinking was from a skill standpoint I didn't see much separation between him and Ratcliffe and who we just voted 6th. I have Lycksell and Kase as my next two skaters and 6 other guys I consider on the same tier so I won't make a big deal as if there is a ton of separation like others will. Strome also has an ELC already so that gave him a tiny nudge up the board.

Reactions: TheKingPin

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
He really died at the end of the year. I watched all/most of his OHL Finals & Mem Cup games. Not good.

I don't want to turn on him for a small sample of games. But we have so many other intriguing forwards I couldn't help but bump him down below guys like Lycksell, Kase, Cates, and Sushko. Not to mention a bunch of defensemen.

Even if he skating was just a little below average he would be close to if not in our top-5 prospects. But, I do think his skating is a fatal flaw. It will need major reconstruction to become passable.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Can't skate but was arguably the best player (until they traded for Thomas) on one of the top CHL teams as an 18 year old. That's still impressive. If he had had a better finish to the season I'd imagine he would have gotten a bump from the rest of the fanbase but he didn't so he's still on the board. I originally had him on the previous tier of players when I was doing a rough outline, but decided to move him back because of the skating risk. From a skill standpoint, I don't see much separation between him and Ratcliffe and we voted him 6th. I have Lycksell and Kase as my next two skaters and 6 other guys I consider on the same tier so I won't make a big deal like as if there is a ton of separation like others will. Strome also has an ELC already so that gave him a slight bump.

He is a mid/late-1st round talent, if he was even just a below average skater. His stride is choppy. His skates are cement. His agility and edgework need major improvements. I just can't. :laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He is a mid/late-1st round talent, if he was even just a below average skater. His stride is choppy. His skates are cement. His agility and edgework need major improvements. I just can't. :laugh:
I get it. I'm not knocking anyone for not voting for him, but you even admitted he has 1st round skills. We're talking about the 12th ranked prospect in a system. Worth the risk in my opinion. He's going to get a lot of time to work on his skating. We're talking 3-4 years. Maybe something will click for him.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I get it. I'm not knocking anyone for not voting for him, but you even admitted he has 1st round skills. We're talking about the 12th ranked prospect in a system. Worth the risk in my opinion. He's going to get a lot of time to work on his skating. We're talking 3-4 years. Maybe something will click for him.

Maybe, but it is going to take a total reconstruction of his skating mechanics. His stride is incredibly choppy, weak and slow. There really isn't anything to build off of. It is possible he can fix it, but you never know how ingrained some of these bad habits are. I'm also a fairly big fan the next group: Kalynuk, Lycksell, Cates, Kase, and Hogberg all of whom lack any fatal flaws and still have some decent NHL potential.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
I will take my chances with Strome over the remaining forwards, but can't figure out how I feel about him with the remaining defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad