2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Unfortunately any line that has Kruger on it is "just a dump-in line". He's absolutely useless offensively and brings down his entire line.

Meh. The idea was Saad would be using his speed to create the chances after Kruger won the draw and skated up ice behind Saad. But I hear you, it’s definitely a stretch with Kruger’s non-existent offensive ability

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
some of us have been saying this for a while now..Toews needs to get going, and the one guy that can do that is Kane.

it is FAR more imperative to get Toews producing again over just balancing lines out for the sake of it. Schmaltz has turned into that potential top line offensive center we hoped for, putting him and Cat together is a no brainer, adding Saad to that line just makes it even better for them to "feast" on leftovers as Toews/Kane line will draw top defenses. Hayden with Toews and Kane just makes too much sense to me since he is that bigger body that can open up even more ice for Kane, plus his tip ins and rebound ability is what Kane loves to have with his weird direction shots and in close passing.

that still leaves a pretty competent third line of AA, Sikura, and whoever...

now the big question is, will Q actually do it????

It makes so much sense, seriously so f***ing much more sense than Saad-Schmaltz-Kane then DeBrincat-Toews-WhoThef***Knows

At this point, I think there are two ways to bring out the best in Toews.

1. Give him a complete line, meaning two legitimate top-6 players (DeBrincat and Saad)
2. Give him Kane

The added benefit of giving him Kane is that Kane also becomes less of a liability and more of a possession beast.

This isn’t some throw some shit at the wall and see if it sticks idea, this is something that past data shows works.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It makes so much sense, seriously so ****ing much more sense than Saad-Schmaltz-Kane then DeBrincat-Toews-WhoThe****Knows

At this point, I think there are two ways to bring out the best in Toews.

1. Give him a complete line, meaning two legitimate top-6 players (DeBrincat and Saad)
2. Give him Kane

The added benefit of giving him Kane is that Kane also becomes less of a liability and more of a possession beast.

This isn’t some throw some **** at the wall and see if it sticks idea, this is something that past data shows works.

Q just has to stop hitting the blender every 3 minutes in a game...whatever line combos he goes with, dammit stick with them for at least a few games and let the guys build chemistry and cohesion.
Watching that Caps/Knights finals, the amount of line blendering that was going on was bare minimal...those teams main lines stayed together for the most part, and that needs to happen here as well. and yes, making sure Toews is on a top scoring line with Kane is a priority to see for me.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Q just has to stop hitting the blender every 3 minutes in a game...whatever line combos he goes with, dammit stick with them for at least a few games and let the guys build chemistry and cohesion.
Watching that Caps/Knights finals, the amount of line blendering that was going on was bare minimal...those teams main lines stayed together for the most part, and that needs to happen here as well. and yes, making sure Toews is on a top scoring line with Kane is a priority to see for me.

This is a sport that absolutely requires the bolded too. Even in beer league, when a new guy comes in and plays, even if he is amazing, there's a period of a handful of games where he's just not in sync with the rest of you who have been playing together for a few years.

And Q never stuck with the same lines for more than a game or two last season. Constant changes, constantly bringing different guys into and out of the lineup. D pairs never got stability, either, really. Which is almost worse for them, IMO.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
take away the 884 wins and 4 stanley cups hes been a part of and i would say ur a better hockey mind then Q pez

This argument is always a dumb one. Why even bring it up? The usual strawman. No one was arguing to take away his accomplishments...

Chemistry is a very, very big deal in hockey. End of discussion. If you don't think so, then IDK what to tell you.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This is a sport that absolutely requires the bolded too. Even in beer league, when a new guy comes in and plays, even if he is amazing, there's a period of a handful of games where he's just not in sync with the rest of you who have been playing together for a few years.

And Q never stuck with the same lines for more than a game or two last season. Constant changes, constantly bringing different guys into and out of the lineup. D pairs never got stability, either, really. Which is almost worse for them, IMO.
exactly, imagine having to go from guys like Hino to Sharp on your wing?? completely different players and speeds...Q did not give our centers much time to gel with our wingers, hopefully he gets a bit of patience out the gate...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
so Pez says that Q is a hindrance to line chemistry, which we could document years of that for you, but you then take it to an epic reach and say might as well take Q's accomplishments away as well?? WTF??

It's the typical strawman argument we see from the huge Q supporters on here. "Hur dur, 3 Cups! 2nd winningest coach ever!"

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It's the typical strawman argument we see from the huge Q supporters on here. "Hur dur, 3 Cups! 2nd winningest coach ever!"
I always thought that we as fans should criticize players and coaches if merited...Never in my life have I criticized a player or coach and than said...you know what, f*** him, he didn't deserve 200 of those goals he scored, or 300 of those wins he coached....holy hell.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I always thought that we as fans should criticize players and coaches if merited...Never in my life have I criticized a player or coach and than said...you know what, **** him, he didn't deserve 200 of those goals he scored, or 300 of those wins he coached....holy hell.

I don’t think anyone beside @ChiHawk21 sees justified criticism that way

Reactions: AmericanDream

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
so Pez says that Q is a hindrance to line chemistry, which we could document years of that for you, but you then take it to an epic reach and say might as well take Q's accomplishments away as well?? WTF??

Cant one also document that line swapping to major success and those cup victories? For a while there was angles of praising it. Just a bit before people were pointing out the 3 cup success of kane-toews-and a big guy pairing as a unit that was a change up shift and swapping lines around later in serieses has been a big factor in Qs Hawks great games 4-6 record.

The way people view things here are as if you have to stick to one side of an argument and thats that. It's also quite the exaggeration thinking there is one way to view the trend.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Cant one also document that line swapping to major success and those cup victories? For a while there was angles of praising it. Just a bit before people were pointing out the 3 cup success of kane-toews-and a big guy pairing as a unit that was a change up shift and swapping lines around later in serieses has been a big factor in Qs Hawks great games 4-6 record.

The way people view things here are as if you have to stick to one side of an argument and thats that. It's also quite the exaggeration thinking there is one way to view the trend.
of course they can, at times juggling lines spark teams...but when you do it constantly and can even see/hear frustration in players over the years, I think it is about time to take your foot off the pedal for a bit. I have no problem with him or anyone saying that Q and his line juggling has worked at times or they feel is the right way to go, that is their right, but when you take it to an extreme and then say just take away his accomplishments, that is when it gets bat shit crazy.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Is it just me or is this forum messed up? I can't see the latest post info?

I need to begin at the original post and sift through? Perhaps I changed a setting inadvertently?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Being stubborn, thinking you are smarter than everyone else, and not using common sense when it comes to lines until it is almost too late, really isn't a positive trait for a coach. But whatever floats your boat.

Never forget "fresh legs".

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

AD beat me to it, but yes it can be effective WHEN USED IN MODERATION.

Toews has openly called for a set line in front of the media. Ignoring any data, that’s one of the most clear pieces evidence that constant line juggling is harmful to overall performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
AD beat me to it, but yes it can be effective WHEN USED IN MODERATION.

Toews has openly called for a set line in front of the media. Ignoring any data, that’s one of the most clear pieces evidence that constant line juggling is harmful to overall performance.

As have other Blackhawks, including Hossa and most recently Hino who stated their frustration associated with the Q blender.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Being stubborn, thinking you are smarter than everyone else, and not using common sense when it comes to lines until it is almost too late, really isn't a positive trait for a coach. But whatever floats your boat.

Never forget "fresh legs".
Where are these supposed smarter than everyone thoughts. I see fans with far more claims of that attitude than actual coaches. Its always an argument presented but without example or the so called obvious solution actually being brought up. Just like the whole who should of played in 2014... because after everyone realized Morin wasnt an nhl player they suddenly come up empty with thoughts on who actually should of been playing. Just as it was clearly not some obvious switch to fans or media to day shaw should have been the 2C all along then. But it worked out but they still lacked better forward depth that they had in 2015.

All decisions aren't in a vacuum net positive or net negative. These argument styles here are so weirdly formed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad