2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Of the 10 teams with the most shots taken last year the Hawks had the 9th best shooting percentage. (that group included the Blue Jackets, Hurricanes, Oilers and Flames, let that sink in for a while)

Shooting and shot selection is a major issue with the team.

Also a bit of luck, as evidenced by the posts/crossbars stats.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Saad is on cruise control since he got the big bucks contract. The hawks wanted him to gel with Toews and sure enough they both starting sucking when they were both overpaid.

So yeah. They are on the same page.

Guys on cruise control don't usually do extra on-ice sessions during the offseason, to work on specific parts of their game that may be lacking... But, carry on.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hey Chicago!
bernmeister comes in peace
inquiring about your roster/prospect depth, etc

researching in advance of proposals
pls advise as to current needs, etc

will advise if I see any match w/NYR
thanks in advance

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Hey Chicago!
bernmeister comes in peace
inquiring about your roster/prospect depth, etc

researching in advance of proposals
pls advise as to current needs, etc

will advise if I see any match w/NYR
thanks in advance
We need a top pairing RHD above all else, but it's only a temporary need. We have prospects who can fill that spot soon. We're just waiting on them.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
1. DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
2. Ejdsell-Schmaltz-Sikura
3. Kahun-Kampf-Saad
4. Kunitz-Kruger-Kampf

1 takes on top forward competition, it’s chicago’s version of Boston’s and Vegas’ top lines, but Chicago has better individual talent lower in the lineup to potentially make it work.

2 gets 70% offensive ZSR. There’s tons of speed and offensive potential with Schmaltz and Sikura. Ejdsell is just there to be big, but he’s shown he’ll also shoot a lot, that could be useful. Anisimov takes Ejdsell’s spot if he’s not traded.

3 is the line that takes on a lot of defensive zone draws, and tries to hit off the counter attack.

4 is just a classic boring Kruger line that is there to win dzone draws and gets it out of the zone and gets the f*** off the ice.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
1. DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
2. Ejdsell-Schmaltz-Sikura
3. Kahun-Kampf-Saad
4. Kunitz-Kruger-Kampf

1 takes on top forward competition, it’s chicago’s version of Boston’s and Vegas’ top lines, but Chicago has better individual talent lower in the lineup to potentially make it work.

2 gets 70% offensive ZSR. There’s tons of speed and offensive potential with Schmaltz and Sikura. Ejdsell is just there to be big, but he’s shown he’ll also shoot a lot, that could be useful. Anisimov takes Ejdsell’s spot if he’s not traded.

3 is the line that takes on a lot of defensive zone draws, and tries to hit off the counter attack.

4 is just a classic boring Kruger line that is there to win dzone draws and gets it out of the zone and gets the **** off the ice.
I agree with these lines except I think Ejdsell starts in Rockford and Hayden is there opening night.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Considering that the only line Q specifically mentioned at the convention was Schmaltz, Kane, and Saad, how would the rest of the lines look?
Toews, Debrincat, Sikura
Anisimov, Edjsell, Hayden (?Kahun)
Kruger, Kampf, Kunitz

Top 2 lines good but that 3rd line looks rough.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Considering that the only line Q specifically mentioned at the convention was Schmaltz, Kane, and Saad, how would the rest of the lines look?
Toews, Debrincat, Sikura
Kruger, Kampf, Kunitz

Yep. I reckon Stan will regret giving up on Hino. His absence leaves a bigger gap then folks realize.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Toews, Debrincat, Sikura
Kruger, Kampf, Kunitz

I’d imagine that’s pretty spot on of what it’d be like

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
DeBrincat Toews Hayden
Saad Schmaltz Kane
Kahun Anisimov Sikura
Kunitz/Kampf Kruger Ejdsell

If he insists on Saad, Schmaltz, and Kane to be together, I propose this lineup. Anisimov sucks when he doesn't have speed on his wings, so instead of tying him up with Edjesell or Hayden, he gets the speedier Kahun and Sikura combo. Hayden acts as a net front guy for DeBrincat and Toews, and helps with that lines defensive assignments (Brinksy's fine defensively, but if Q uses the Toews line like he has in the past, you need a good defensive winger to play there).

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
/\ Makes some sense but that's a lot to ask from Hayden. Kid has character though.
I like Hayden. Kid looked like the only one willing to create anything on a line with Wingels and Bouma. I've felt for a bit now that if he's given a permanent scoring role, that he'd produce relatively well.

A few months ago I would've liked to have had him lower in the lineup, but with Hino now gone and Q interested in having a Saad-Schmaltz-Kane line, I think Hayden might just come out as the lucky winner.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I still think Hayden is a young Sharp. He'll work hard and produce if you give him top line minutes with DCat and Toews.

Remember Sharp didn't start producing until around his mid twenties. Hayden has plenty of time to grow and I think he'll cement himself in the lineup this year.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hayden can be our Tom Wilson...his upside is vastly underrated

I kinda expect that to be what he is this year if given a top 6 role. Obviously Wilson went all beast mode on the playoff run they had, but in the regular season he had a respectable 35pts with almost none of that coming on the PP. Play styles, size, and handedness are all very similar or the same between the two.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I'd take Boedker for a 3rd/4th if Ottawa wants to dump him.

He's super fast, good two-way player. Was a 50+pt player before he got a smaller role in San Jose. Despite his 'disappointment' he was still an effective player.

Debrincat - Toews - Boedker
Saad - Schmaltz - Kane
Kahun - Anisimov - Sikura
Kunitz - Kruger - Hayden
Kampf
Edjsell

Adding Boedker allows us to not throw a youngster into the wolves (like Sikura, Edjsell, Hayden) for top 6 duty, when they might not be ready for it. Or he can slot on the 3rd line with AA for a bum slaying line.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
No to Boedker. His numbers were inflated in Arizona because Arizona didn't have anyone else to score for them. When a player is handed tons of offensive zone starts and PP time, his numbers will obviously rise.

Not to mention that he'll make $4m for this season and next. We can afford it right now, but if we have any chances at a high profile UFA next summer (*cough Bread cough*) we can't be wasting cap space.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Give me Hayden in top-6 for first 15 games anyday of the week and twice on sundays. Let kid show himself and make the 3rd line better in paper IF you go with the Saad - Schmaltz - Kane line.

Cat - Johnny - Yaleboy
ManChild - Schmaltzy - Showtime
German - Worse Artemi - Hobey Baker
Crosby’s wingman - Overpayment - IcouldmakebadnazijokebutIwont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad