2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The more I think about it, the extension would have to be signed. While I didn't type it, I was banking on a market-level 8 year contract. (8 years @ 90-something million) Throw in Hossa's contract too.

Failing legs? I haven't read that. I know he was injured but is it anything more than just speculation that it is an indication of chronic injuries?

But assuming health is not an issue, you wouldn't pay 2 #1 picks and Schmaltz for a top 10 player in the league and one of the top players at your biggest positional needs? Karlsson is going to age well. He just turned 28.

This team needs to take a big swing and Karlsson is out there just waiting.

He completely(I believe) tore his Achilles, and his broken ankle was really really bad. He's already lost a step.

https://www.tsn.ca/karlsson-reveals-more-about-ankle-injury-1.868641

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Karlsson isn't worth what he will cost in trade and wont be worth contract he receives
One could say the same thing about any player who has one year on his contract until UFA or reaches UFA in any year. I'm pretty critical of your negativity about Bowman, but you've nailed this one.
I'm usually happy with Bowman's moves, even if he overpays a little bit. However, the fact that Marc Bergevin was AGM with the Hawks before taking the Habs job is a little sobering. Bowman is way better at drafting than trading and handing out contracts. If I had to pick one of those three things to excel at though, it would be drafting.

Last edited:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Ryan is going Flames so there is that. Filppula still available, most of the other two-way centers are going elsewhere. Hopefully they are not going after Bozak cause he wants moneyyy.

Hayden - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Schmaltz - Sikura
Saad - Anisimov - Hinostroza
Wingels - Kämpf - Kahun

Keith - Murphy
De Haan - Jokiharju
Forsling - Rutta
Seabrook

At this point that may be the dream line-up I can see we might get via free agency. I can’t see them trading Anisimov because Powers reported that ”trading Anisimov has to make sense” so I do wonder if they even try to go after center. If they do and lets say its Filppula:

Sikura - Toews - Schmaltz
DeBrincat - Anisimov - Kane
Saad - Filppula - Hinostroza
Hayden - Kämpf - Kahun
Wingels

That is solid forward group.

Blackhawk93

May 2, 2018
At this point CDH is gonna get a boat load of money. The money GMs are throwing around at fourth liners is ridiculous.

Imagine the price for a top 4 dman.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
According to Powers, Cole and Moore are not going to be Hawks. Better that than an overpay.

I think De Haan is the best of the three so wonder if Bowman is ready to give him some term.

I am afraid Bowman brings Oduya back... One possibility is Dan Hamhuis, I dont know his current level though.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I think De Haan is the best of the three so wonder if Bowman is ready to give him some term.

I am afraid Bowman brings Oduya back... One possibility is Dan Hamhuis, I dont know his current level though.
Bringing Oduya back would be beyond ridiculous .. not even Stan could or would do that ... would he?
Hamhuis is not far from Oduya's expiry date either I think.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Bringing Oduya back would be beyond ridiculous .. not even Stan could or would do that ... would he?
Hamhuis is not far from Oduya's expiry date either I think.

Hamhuis is slower than Seabrook

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The door is left wide f***ing open for Forsling to take claim a second-pairing role on this team.

If that works out, Manning will be third pair, Gustafsson will be 7th d.

If it doesn’t work out, Manning and Gustafsson each bump up.

Oesterle likely traded for a low pick, and he naturally ends up winning a Cup.

Reactions: bwana63

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
The door is left wide ****ing open for Forsling to take claim a second-pairing role on this team.

If that works out, Manning will be third pair, Gustafsson will be 7th d.

If it doesn’t work out, Manning and Gustafsson each bump up.

Oesterle likely traded for a low pick, and he naturally ends up winning a Cup.

Spot on. We need Forsling to step up and step into our 2nd pairing. If he does, our D will be better than last season's stuff show (admittedly, a very low bar). Now is the time, young man.

Then again, a Manning-Seabrook pairing doesn't thrill me.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Maybe we should lock this thread up and start a 2019-2020 thread so we can start making lines with Jack Hughes and Tyler Seguin.

Reactions: migi

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Maybe we should lock this thread up and start a 2019-2020 thread so we can start making lines with Jack Hughes and Tyler Seguin.

I don’t think it’s that bad yet. You never know, things can suddenly all fall into place, and you have a team that wins a Cup.

The 12-13 team, and this last season’s Caps teams are great examples of that.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I don’t think it’s that bad yet. You never know, things can suddenly all fall into place, and you have a team that wins a Cup.

The 12-13 team, and this last season’s Caps teams are great examples of that.

I’m sort of joking with the pessimism. The moves are as meh as they get, but they’re not Reaves bad. If Q wasn’t coming back and we had a coach that was aligned with Stan I’d feel better about a bounceback year.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I’m sort of joking with the pessimism. The moves are as meh as they get, but they’re not Reaves bad. If Q wasn’t coming back and we had a coach that was aligned with Stan I’d feel better about a bounceback year.

I feel the same.

I like Q as a fan, I just feel like he isn’t taking an objective look at what his aging core is evolving into. It seems like he still believes Toews is the Toews of five years ago, or that Kane is still a guy that needs to be sheltered 5 on 5.

Also, his handling of DeBrincat is seriously concerning.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad