Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Reactions: MichaelJ

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Appelby is a lifetime .900 AHL goaltender. A team should be able to find that anywhere, though admittedly the Devils have struggled at this over the last few years.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Is that a fact? How many fans like yourself said the same thing about Big Mac?

From what I have seen this season, I tend to agree with DD. I have seen very, very little that suggests Johnson will ever be a decent NHL goalie. He has had a few good games, but he gives up weak goals frequently and has no really outstanding strength. Also, he somehow looks way smaller than he is, if that makes sense. Leaves the net wide open because he gets out of position frequently. His numbers don't lie, but are a reflection of his actual play. Why sugarcoat it?

Reactions: mmazz22

bodda

Feb 26, 2012
Foppaland
Agreed. He has been a major dissapointment and has single handedly lost them a lot of games the this season. I mean, anything could happen, but the chance of him turning into a NHL goalie is about 0.01%.

mmazz22

Jan 24, 2010
From the games I have seen of Johnson he is brutal. But every goalie has looked brutal here the last two seasons so maybe its the team in front of them that makes them look brutal?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
From the games I have seen of Johnson he is brutal. But every goalie has looked brutal here the last two seasons so maybe its the team in front of them that makes them look brutal?

Funny how nightsquad, who doesn't watch Bing games, and those who liked his post, who also don't watch Bing games, disagree with people like yourself , who watches Bing games.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
This is the problem. The defense down here is so bad that it's really hard to get a read on goalies.

With that being sad, Johnson has looked pretty awful this season. So many of the goals he lets in have no business finding the back of the net.

Personally, I've always thought he just benefitted from playing behind a stacked UND team in college and he isn't as good as his NCAA numbers showed. Now he's just getting picked apart in the AHL.

Again, just my opinion as somebody who has watched all but one of his starts this year. I'm in no way an expert and I've been wrong before, but he doesn't look very good at all.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Personally, I've always thought he just benefitted from playing behind a stacked UND team in college and he isn't as good as his NCAA numbers showed.
His college #'s, aside for one season, weren't even that good.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
as they say at games, anything can happen in new jersey

even a goalie who's 1.5 years older than macblack can suddenly blossom into a functioning NHL goalie

did you know, the year cam johnson went 24-4, UND had boeser, caggiula, schmaltz, and stecher? the subsequent year, even boeser's #s dipped, as they lost caggiula, schmaltz, stecher, and the following year (when boeser left), their top scorer was a d-man (wolanin). their G/GP went from a 3.68 to a 3.33 to a 3.00

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad