Injury Report: 2018-19 Avs Injury Thread

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Have you not seen those Hollywood movies where unskilled nobodies become superstars because of a surgery gone horribly right?

giphy.gif

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I think we can safely pencil in Cole as a marginal 6th defenseman-level player until at least the end of the season. That's not even all that horrible, because we need playoff Cole more than we need regular season Cole. But the fact is players who miss offseason training, training camp, and the beginning of the season - they tend to have terrible years overall.

Reactions: S3rkie

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I think we can safely pencil in Cole as a marginal 6th defenseman-level player until at least the end of the season. That's not even all that horrible, because we need playoff Cole more than we need regular season Cole. But the fact is players who miss offseason training, training camp, and the beginning of the season - they tend to have terrible years overall.
I wonder if they tried to re-sign Nemeth for another year to cope, but he was asking for a raise/wanted more years, hence the return on the Carl deal. Maybe they could've gotten a 2nd, but downgraded the pick to pickup a serviceable LD, since Barbario's corpse has been useless.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'd keep Nemeth before playing Barberio or thinking Timmins will ever play in the NHL. Especially if we'll be missing Cole and Johnson. I'm sure he'd be easy enough to trade if necessary.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
It’s amazing how banged up we were after the end of the season. Everyone was talking about how banged up the Sharks were, but we really were just as banged up.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No. Nemeth has served his purpose. And much like Blake Comeau the year before, it's time to move on. Even if Barbs can't do it, Graves should be just fine in a third pairing role. Nemo should be looking to land as much financial security as possible, and that should be with another team.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
No. Nemeth has served his purpose. And much like Blake Comeau the year before, it's time to move on. Even if Barbs can't do it, Graves should be just fine in a third pairing role. Nemo should be looking to land as much financial security as possible, and that should be with another team.

That.. And I'm looking forward to getting rid of the last one of our D who think "Ice it" as their first thought immediately when being pressured.

That is one thing I liked about Graves.. He actually had the mobility to skate it out when he needed to, but also had a legit first pass. I'm so sick of seeing these bottom pairing guys ice the puck constantly. Especially when we can't win FOs.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That.. And I'm looking forward to getting rid of the last one of our D who think "Ice it" as their first thought immediately when being pressured.

Boy, it'll be nice to have six actual, legit defensemen on the blueline once everyone is frickin' healthy. No more interim, quick-fix guys or waiver-wire pickups.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Boy, it'll be nice to have six actual, legit defensemen on the blueline once everyone is frickin' healthy. No more interim, quick-fix guys or waiver-wire pickups.

Yeah.. I mean we legit had to healthy scratch Nemeth in the playoffs. That was a very satisfying moment, and I don't say that because I hate Nemeth.

Watch them actually trade Barrie now..

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah.. I mean we legit had to healthy scratch Nemeth in the playoffs. That was a very satisfying moment, and I don't say that because I hate Nemeth.

Watch them actually trade Barrie now..

Precisely, I was pleasantly surprised as well. And largely that's because Nemo had IMO a very solid year.

And I GUARANTEE Mike Babcock would've played Makar sparingly and fed major minutes to Nemo. Give Jared Bednar credit for that.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Precisely, I was pleasantly surprised as well. And largely that's because Nemo had IMO a very solid year.

And I GUARANTEE Mike Babcock would've played Makar sparingly and fed major minutes to Nemo. Give Jared Bednar credit for that.

I also give Bednar a lot of credit for how he coaches the team in the playoffs. It is a bit weird because I feel like he does dumb shit and does not correct the game plan going into the second period during the regular season. Since he has been here you can almost set your watch to us getting stomped in the second period. Especially if we have a lead. That isn't even getting into some of his lineup choices.

Then comes the playoffs and we are competitive and even ended up beating top teams in a 7 game series.

I hate giving Bednar credit..

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I also give Bednar a lot of credit for how he coaches the team in the playoffs. It is a bit weird because I feel like he does dumb **** and does not correct the game plan going into the second period during the regular season. Since he has been here you can almost set your watch to us getting stomped in the second period. Especially if we have a lead. That isn't even getting into some of his lineup choices.

Then comes the playoffs and we are competitive and even ended up beating top teams in a 7 game series.

I hate giving Bednar credit..

Yep, I know you do. :laugh:

The too-many-men penalties and overtime shit-show had better be fixed next year, not to mention the penalty problem. With added depth (hopefully) the latter issue should go away a bit. I kinda saw them finally wake the hell up when it came to OT near the end of the season at least.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yep, I know you do. :laugh:

The too-many-men penalties and overtime ****-show had better be fixed next year, not to mention the penalty problem. With added depth (hopefully) the latter issue should go away a bit. I kinda saw them finally wake the hell up when it came to OT near the end of the season at least.

I want Bednar gone all year, and then the playoffs happen. Bednar is the Wilson of coaches..

I haven't really mentioned it much until now, but that shit really does have me twisted up when it comes to my opinion on him. f***

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I want Bednar gone all year, and then the playoffs happen. Bednar is the Wilson of coaches..

I haven't really mentioned it much until now, but that **** really does have me twisted up when it comes to my opinion on him. ****

Blame Grubauer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad