Injury Report: 2018-19 Avs Injury Thread

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Sven Andrighetto: Banged up over the weekend, week to week.
Connor Timmins: Concussion, sent home, indefinite return.
Tyson Jost: Head injury, possible on road trip.
JT Compher: Head Injury, out indefinitely.

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If there's anything positive to take away from Connor going home it is the fact that he is good enough to travel back home. Not much of comfort but at least a silver lining.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
To get rejuvenated? Sounds like he's depressed. Obviously he is with concussion symptoms and whatnot but ...seems like they're trying to get him around familiar surroundings

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Concussions can vary so much in severity, and they can straight up cause depression or other psychological issues to fester. Hopefully being home around family helps Timmins out. I highly doubt we find out the true extent of his injury until either A he's better and cleared to play or B his career ends and he does an interview.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The way Dater worded it the other day was that he got sent home because it wasn't progressing as expected and they wanted him to relax.

Kid must be super anxious. If we are anxious as fans, imagine him. He has/had a promising career in front of him and he didn't cash a penny yet.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Timmins still dealing with concussion symptoms after 5 months and Bannister gets a promotion to the AHL. :shakehead

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It’s worrying that Timmins is still dealing with concussion symptoms. But at the same time, he need to take all he time can to heal because concussions are no joke.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Other teams lose their 1st round picks to concussion, too, right?
Right??
It's not just us?

EDIT: yeah, 2nd rounder, but the point stands...

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I don't know how they let JTC finish that game against the Flames. He took a high speed shoulder right to the jaw. Knocking him to the ice in noticeable pain. Didn't look like he ever left the bench.

Not sure what the concussion spotters are there for if they can't see the potential for a concussion on that hit.

Reactions: rozier24

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
He also practiced Sunday. It's pretty obvious to me that he either hid his symptoms well, or, most likely, they didn't show till Monday.

That's not uncommon. My 12 year-old daughter got hit in the head by an errant serve in volleyball practice. She went to school the next day, and didn't complain about any symptoms of a concussion until the following night; over 24 hours later.

Reactions: BleedWell

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Concussions can vary so much in severity, and they can straight up cause depression or other psychological issues to fester. Hopefully being home around family helps Timmins out. I highly doubt we find out the true extent of his injury until either A he's better and cleared to play or B his career ends and he does an interview.

Wasn't Crosby treated for his concussion by a doctor that used some gyroscopic device that he put him in. I kind of recall reading something like that. Wonder if that would help here.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Wasn't Crosby treated for his concussion by a doctor that used some gyroscopic device that he put him in. I kind of recall reading something like that. Wonder if that would help here.

Pretty sure with Crosby the issue was not the concussion but the neck muscles. Once they fixed those the concussion like symptoms went away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad