2018/19 Armchair GM

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
going into next year with a platoon that includes Neuvy in any fashion is pure hilarity..

its not a question of if he will be out injured.. its how long and how often..

i truely hope Hexy was blowing smoke when he said hed be fine bringing Moose n Neuvy back...

just Nooooo....:mad:

I am usually the toughest goaltending critic - I was anti-Mason before it was cool to be.

I was not happy with signing Elliott when we got him - I never thought he was good but more so his best years were bc he was a product of Hitch's system (hell even Robert Esche didn't always look terrible under Hitch). So, I was not part of the Elliott fan club when he got here.

He was not good in the playoffs.

But, I don't think goaltending is our biggest concern or one we need to address. We have some good young goalies in our system. Perhaps if Hakstol manages the goaltenders correctly next year and gets Neuvy in the rotation, we will be fine.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Gonna be the start of something great next year since are gm is trading and signing different players and moving this team forward.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Most likely scenario...

Sign Tavares 7 x 10.5M

Trade Myers+Both 1sts+Rubtsov+MacDonald for Doughty.

Sign Doughty 8 x 10.5M

Trade Simmonds for Dallas 1st(13) and draft a defenseman.

Sign Provorov 8 x 5.75M

Sign Konecny 6 x 4.5M

Sign Patrick next offseason 6 x 5M

Dump Weise/Lehtera with mid-round picks.

Trade Gudas/Voracek next offseason to recoup assets.

Giroux-Tavares-Raffl
Lindblom-Couturier-Voracek
NAK-Patrick-Konecny
Laughton-Vorboyev-Vecchione

Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Doughty
Morin-Gudas
Hagg

Going to finish this joint and figure out a way to add Price at 50% retained.

Reactions: RespectTheProvorov

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Most likely scenario...

Sign Tavares 7 x 10.5M

Sign Doughty 8 x 10.5M

Sign Provorov 8 x 5.75M

Sign Konecny 6 x 4.5M

Giroux-Tavares-Raffl
NAK-Patrick-Konecny

Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Doughty
Morin-Gudas
Hagg

While those moves aren't the worst.

If several years from now Raffl is our 1st line RW, we went in the wrong direction

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
While those moves aren't the worst.

If several years from now Raffl is our 1st line RW, we went in the wrong direction

In that hypothetical world, Frost and Allison would fill two top 9 spots in 2019-2020.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Someone remind me is Hatcher trolling or does he actually believe the stuff he posts about?
He played his role fine. Top players you should worry about right now after the years they had. Only G,V,ghost sucked in the playoffs. The rest went after it and some played above there head.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
^^^ Trolling confirmed.

giphy.gif

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
^^^ Trolling confirmed.

giphy.gif
OK LOL. Lethera as 4th line center is fine for next year just get dead beats like Read,Raffl,and a bunch of others the f*** out of town and the core start games on time and lead the bunch and not by getting points only. Out work opponents.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'll keep it simple.

Line 1: Giroux -- Couturier -- Konecny
Line 2: Ovechkin -- Tavares -- Voracek
Line 3: Taylor Hall -- Patrick -- Simmonds
Line 4: Laughton -- Bergeron -- Barkov

Extras : Raffl, Jagr

D pair 1 : Provorov -- Ghost
D pair 2 : Morin -- Karlsson
D paid 3 : Sanheim -- Doughty

Extras : Carlson

1) Price
2) Bobrovsky

We start by signing Tavares because we can. Then, we trade for Ovechkin, swinging him by convincing Washington they can have all of our 9th round picks from here until 2218 while pointing out his missing tooth is proof that he is damaged. We also trade for Taylor hall, also for all of our 9th round picks from here until 2218, because New Jersey is stupid. We acquire Barkov when he runs away from home, and Bergeron is pretty self-explanatory, just think about it. We keep Raffl as an extra, with Jagr around for hair presence. I considered trading for McDavid, but it didn't seem realistic.

Once Tool's prediction of California falling off the content comes to pass, we take in Doughty as a refugee to honor Tom Petty. The league allows our nobility. Ottawa gives us Karlsson in exchange for a Wawa franchise; they do this because they are very stupid, and while a Wawa is good value, up there it is so far off the usual distribution chain that all their rolls and pretzels will be stale, so they REALLY didn't think that one through; but they're Ottawa so it's inevitable. Carlson is signed.

Then we send MacDonald and all of our 8th round picks from now until 2218 to Phoenix in exchange for them taking all of our cap overage.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Some Vet D man
Some potato slow bottom sixer who can PK
Morin 7th D over half the year

Flip 2, yrs 3.5 per
Resign Provy 8 yrs 50 mill
Bridge TK 2 yrs 7 mill

Not much will be done

I think you're joking but dear lord does that Filp signing make me almost vomit.

My problem with signing any centers is that we have a few that have the chance to come up and play, while many of the current UFA centers are either going to cost too much, want too long of a contract or are too old.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Most likely scenario...

Sign Tavares 7 x 10.5M

Sign Doughty 8 x 10.5M

Sign Provorov 8 x 5.75M

Sign Konecny 6 x 4.5M

Giroux-Tavares-Raffl
NAK-Patrick-Konecny

Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Doughty
Morin-Gudas
Hagg

You're going to be pretty disappointed if you think this is the most likely scenario

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Sign/Trade for a top 6 forward OR Top 4 RHD (Ron won't do both)- Oscar Klefbom, Dougie Hamilton, Mike Hoffman come to mind
Buyout Lehtera (Doesn't look like it will happen)
Trade Gudas- should be able to do, replace him from within
Package both 1sts plus other assets for Zadina
Upgrade the bottom 6 either from within (NAK) or acquire someone (Charlie Coyle would be good)

Profit

Cannot have an offseason of just sitting on your thumb. Do something. Make the team better.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I wouldn't touch Hoffman, he turns 29, last two years he's averaged 35 ES points, so we're talking a fast but defensively limited 3 line C/LW who's probably already peaked and may not be NHL material in a couple years - see Read when he slowed down. If you could get him cheap, sure, but people are talking 1st rd pick, just say no.

Hamilton would be perfect, but he'd cost an arm and a leg, say, our #14, Sanheim and Morin as starters.

Klefbom makes no sense, he's Sanheim three years older, and would cost you Sanheim +.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I wouldn't touch Hoffman, he turns 29, last two years he's averaged 35 ES points, so we're talking a fast but defensively limited 3 line C/LW who's probably already peaked and may not be NHL material in a couple years - see Read when he slowed down. If you could get him cheap, sure, but people are talking 1st rd pick, just say no.

Hamilton would be perfect, but he'd cost an arm and a leg, say, our #14, Sanheim and Morin as starters.

Klefbom makes no sense, he's Sanheim three years older, and would cost you Sanheim +.

Hoffman would thrive on Patrick or Coot's wing. I don't worry about the stats because its Ottawa.

Calgary is looking for a shakeup so a perfect time to strike

And Chiarelli is Chiarelli

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I can see 2 of 3 of these happening:

Sign Bozak for 3 years, 4 million.
Sign Grabner for 3 years, 3.5 million.
Sign Kunitz 2 years, 1.5 million

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
How about this move to shore up C depth?

To Philadelphia: Charlie Coyle, Tyler Ennis (cap dump)
To Minnesota: 19th overall pick in 2018

Minnesota could use the cap space to re-sign Zucker and Dumba and they need a bit of a shake-up anyway.

Ennis only has 1 year left and who knows, he might surprise us in a contract year and we get some value out of him.

Too much? Not enough?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
How about this move to shore up C depth?

To Philadelphia: Charlie Coyle, Tyler Ennis (cap dump)
To Minnesota: 19th overall pick in 2018

Minnesota could use the cap space to re-sign Zucker and Dumba and they need a bit of a shake-up anyway.

Ennis only has 1 year left and who knows, he might surprise us in a contract year and we get some value out of him.

Too much? Not enough?
2 more years of Coyle then a UFA would be my issue. Nothing against the player, but the contract. If he was a RFA in 2 years, then he'll yeah.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Sign: Youppi | Top6 winger for Reading | Heaviest guy in FA (Chris Stewart) | Re-sign Simmonds 2 years for $19.99
Trades: Wells Fargo + 6th for Citizens + 2nd | Package the 2nd + our zamboni guy for Bobby Ryan | Bundy for Pierre + a mega pack of hefty bags.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad