Prospect Info: [2018 - 123rd] Jack Gorniak (NCAA - University of Wisconsin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If he works out, sounds like a Pyatt/Bournival type. Speedy bottom 6er, forechecker, probably penalty killer.

We'll see how he develops at Wisconsin. Hopefully Granato is able to help develop this kid. Seems like his skating is elite already.

A lot of prospects to watch out for this year in NCAA.

Delereau

Jun 25, 2018
This is the pick that got me excited. This young men is somewhat talented, but, and it is much more important, he really seem to have is ''shit'' together. The more i learn about him, the more i listen to is interview, the more i'm impress. He is well behave, seem to know what he is worth, and he seem to be grounded a lot. Guys, we may have found a second coming of a Gallagher (no he wont be exactly Gallagher, but i mean, he will be a late rounder that will have a real impact) . Not to say he will score 30 goals, but this young man seem to have all the tools to get to his potential. Now let hope is ceiling is at least 3rd liner, and this will be a pick we will cherish for years!

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Another Brendan Gallagher for the Canadiens?

“Two players I like to play like: one is from Montreal itself is Gallagher,” Gorniak told reporters in Dallas after the Canadiens drafted him. “I think I like to model my game after him. He’s a fast, energetic forward, too. And then Brayden Point (of the Tampa Bay Lightning), I think our speed is very similar. So that’s another player I look up to.”

I didn't know much about Gorniak but he seems like an interesting prospect, mentions the Habs' scouts were at a lot of his games this year.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
This is the pick that got me excited. This young men is somewhat talented, but, and it is much more important, he really seem to have is ''****'' together. The more i learn about him, the more i listen to is interview, the more i'm impress. He is well behave, seem to know what he is worth, and he seem to be grounded a lot. Guys, we may have found a second coming of a Gallagher (no he wont be exactly Gallagher, but i mean, he will be a late rounder that will have a real impact) . Not to say he will score 30 goals, but this young man seem to have all the tools to get to his potential. Now let hope is ceiling is at least 3rd liner, and this will be a pick we will cherish for years!
He was easily the best interview, that definitely got my hopes up lol oddly enough, but ultimately it will be the NCAA production that will have to open our eyes

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
According to an interview on RDS on his draft day, he compares his speed with Brayden Point and his energy with Brandan Gallagher. I wouldn't mind having a poor's man Point with the Habs someday. Also according to his playoff stats, he had 27 points in 15 games. That's almost 2 PPG ! :sarcasm:

There was also a McCarron who compared his playstyle with Milan Lucic. I wonder what's happening with him...

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
According to an interview on RDS on his draft day, he compares his speed with Brayden Point and his energy with Brandan Gallagher. I wouldn't mind having a poor's man Point with the Habs someday. Also according to his playoff stats, he had 27 points in 15 games. That's almost 2 PPG ! :sarcasm:

There was also a McCarron who compared his playstyle with Milan Lucic. I wonder what's happening with him...
Well to be fair, current McCarron is probably better than current Lucic.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He’s a good looking dude. I’m sure he’s going to have a hell of a time being an athlete at an American college :laugh:

Reactions: Mrb1p

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
holy **** his favorite food is chicken

Catching up with… Jack Gorniak
He really sounds down to earth and a really good kid. Man these guys at 18-19-20 yrs old are so aware of what’s coming up. I’m 30 and at their age if I was drafted by an NHL team I would’ve been a d*** haha I love women and party too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal

Same that's happening to Lucic.

Reactions: HOPE

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Haven't followed Wisconsin in years, but was looking at the roster, Gorniak is headed there at the right time as they have a heck of an incoming Freshman class next year and the following as long as the commitments hold up.

In '19-'20 they have Turcotte, Owen Lindmark and Caufield from the USNDTP, plus their fans talk up Mathieu De St Phalle. So they should be a fun team to watch in a few years.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Haven't followed Wisconsin in years, but was looking at the roster, Gorniak is headed there at the right time as they have a heck of an incoming Freshman class next year and the following as long as the commitments hold up.

In '19-'20 they have Turcotte, Owen Lindmark and Caufield from the USNDTP, plus their fans talk up Mathieu De St Phalle. So they should be a fun team to watch in a few years.
The way his coach was putting him over after the draft, he'll have a real opportunity to win some minutes as a freshman. I'd actually be glad to see the Badgers get back to being respectable, that conference is way more fun when Wisconsin-U and Minnesota-U are good.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The way his coach was putting him over after the draft, he'll have a real opportunity to win some minutes as a freshman. I'd actually be glad to see the Badgers get back to being respectable, that conference is way more fun when Wisconsin-U and Minnesota-U are good.

yea they are going to be a young team for sure, plus losing 3 of their top 6 scorers which 2 of were their 2 best is going to sting. So as long as he plays well he should get good ice. But the time he's a Junior this could be a really fun team to watch. I get the big-10 network on tv so will be keeping a close eye on him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Well his play style still is comparable to Lucic: ineffective in the new NHL. Lucic just scored 10 goals in 80 games playing with McDavid. Pretty sure McCarron could do that.

Reactions: Et le But

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Gorniak is another 4th round gem picked by the Habs, just like Victor Mete was with the 100th OV 4th round in 2016.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I called Tyszka last year's sleeper pick. I think Gorniak may be this year's sleeper pick.

Looking forward to seeing what both can do against AHL and NHL competition. Won't put much stock into their Junior and college numbers. Of course it will be nice to see them put up numbers, but many have put up numbers in Junior and College and not been good NHLers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad