GDT: 2017 World Junior Ice Hockey Championship - Chabot vs White for Gold TONIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Chabot was dominant up u too OT where he was clearly gassed but was being thrown out their every second shift.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Chabot has skill that cannot be taught. Thankfully the things he needs to work on can be. Physical play, d zone coverage and he needs to make harder crisper passes.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Someone needs to tweet Mendes or one of the other hosts to have him ask Chabot about the hug with white. I imagine he will be on 1200 at some point

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Chabot: 7 games, 4 goals 6 assists 10 points .... MVP; top 3 player for team
White: 7 games, 7 goals 1 assists 8 points ...... Gold Medal; top 3 player for team
Dahlen: 7 games, 5 goals 1 assists 6 points
Chlapik: 5 games, 2 goals 1 assists 3 points ..... top 3 player for team
Ahl: 7 games 2 assists +6

What a tourney for our boys. Probably the best ever.

If only Logan Brown didnt get injured.

Thanks for the summary.

I gotta believe it's the best ever! The future looks bright ladies & gents

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Just home after the game. Honestly, that was just name-brand picking. Not one good shot in 5 shootout attempts. Literally could have picked friends who'd do better.

Is what it is. Love the tourney and will continue watching.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Chabot: 7 games, 4 goals 6 assists 10 points .... MVP; top 3 player for team
White: 7 games, 7 goals 1 assists 8 points ...... Gold Medal; top 3 player for team
Dahlen: 7 games, 5 goals 1 assists 6 points
Chlapik: 5 games, 2 goals 1 assists 3 points ..... top 3 player for team
Ahl: 7 games 2 assists +6

What a tourney for our boys. Probably the best ever.

If only Logan Brown didnt get injured.

Pretty sure Chlapik wasn't top 3 for his team, judging he never got topm 3 for his team.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Really? I thought he did my fault

Can we just appreciate that ridiculous deflection by White to tie the game? I mean, that was just something else.

Also, his work on the penalty killing was phenomenal. IIRC he was sent out at the beginning of every PK to win the draw and he won like 80% of them and then he went off and then came on for 2nd half of the PK.

He also set up Keller beautifully in OT but Keller took forever to shoot and he also had wide open look but it fumbled on him. He oozes IQ and will.

Him and Stone could be something special.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Red Wings fan coming in peace...I knew Chabot was good but I didn't realize he was this good.

He was an absolute stud in this tournament. His skating is so fluid that is reminds me so much of Lidstrom's effortless skating.

I am super jealous as Detroit desperaately needs a defense prospect like this.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I was hoping Chabot would have a great tourney...but I didn't realistically think he'd make mvp status. Daaaaaamn.

And White...kid is a warrior. Two great picks in '15.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Great game, especially for Sens fans.

I personally was happy it ended in a shootout, 4 periods of hockey is enough. And it's great drama. Don't want to see it in the NHL playoffs, but I got my fill of amazing hockey and didn't need to see these kids go for another period.

In some ways the shootout might make the game better, they know they can play with everything they have for 4 periods which all 19 year olds can do, so it might make for better hockey because they don't have to worry about saving anything.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Just home after the game. Honestly, that was just name-brand picking. Not one good shot in 5 shootout attempts. Literally could have picked friends who'd do better.

Is what it is. Love the tourney and will continue watching.

I was almost thinking coach would of gone with Chabot in ththe shootout just because he had done everything so far for the team and scored in the game.

He looked great, way tougher then I thought he was. He took a couple of huge hits and bounced right back up. A few bad rushes when they had the lead that led to goals, but it made for amazing hockey.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I was almost thinking coach would of gone with Chabot in ththe shootout just because he had done everything so far for the team and scored in the game.

He looked great, way tougher then I thought he was. He took a couple of huge hits and bounced right back up. A few bad rushes when they had the lead that led to goals, but it made for amazing hockey.

So much for Chabot getting targeted....

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
The thing that impressed me most with Chabot is that he jumped up in the rush and looked like an offensive d-man, but then he would play a stay at home game and look like a defensive d-man.

The big thing for his development will be his decision making. He definitely got caught a few times, but he proved to me he can play both roles. It will be putting it all together that is the challenge.

I have high hopes for the kid. He played well under pressure and didn't look phased by the responsibility of anchoring the D core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad