2017 WHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
:cry:

Can't fault the effort, couple of overtime games that could've gone either way to finish the series.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Was at the game...devastated we lost...

but very very proud of the royals effort....

God did we go down swinging..

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
Good job Everett, bud damn 5OT. I was at one of those games in 07, when the Prince George Spruce Kings beat the Camrose Kodiaks 6 minutes into fifth overtime in a semifinal game for the Royal Bank Cup. P.G. was outshout 93-77.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
What a crazy game, couldnt imagine the devastation of the players after being eliminated on top of a loss like that.

Somewhat pleasantly surprised to see the 'Canes come back and force a game 7. Was starting to look like a copy carbon of last years playoffs. Hopefully they can finish the job tomorrow, could be the little bit of adversity they needed to kick their buts into gear.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Cougars are done. Down 2-0...in Portland. I have no faith.

It was a fun year ruined by a ****** series. Back to being mediocre next year.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Too bad we couldn't get a save in games 4 and 5. To be expected with this team I guess though haven't come close to winning a series in 10 years

And won't be close for another couple years at minimum. They are losing just about every top player this year, for next year.

Highly questioning season ticket renewal right now...next year will be a struggle.

dmortens

Jan 5, 2014
Kelowna
Wow that's too bad, I was rooting for PG this year. Would have been nice to see them finally have some success. For next year it all comes down to who they get back and how they manage their '97s, but I don't think it's all doom and gloom. Should be a playoff team next year again IMO.

Sidekick

Mar 20, 2013
And won't be close for another couple years at minimum. They are losing just about every top player this year, for next year.

Highly questioning season ticket renewal right now...next year will be a struggle.

Please accept my condolences. As a Kingston Frontenacs fan, I know how it feels...:(

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
McAuley, Edmonds, Ruopp are gone. Morrison, Bethune, Bondra, Harkins, Wishnowski, Boyd, Gabrielle, O'Brien, Collins, Olson, Guhle are all 19.

We went all in this year, and couldn't win a series. What a disappointment.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Wow that's too bad, I was rooting for PG this year. Would have been nice to see them finally have some success. For next year it all comes down to who they get back and how they manage their '97s, but I don't think it's all doom and gloom. Should be a playoff team next year again IMO.

Maybe if the West is weak next year. I honestly don't see who is replacing the presences of:

Guhle
Gabrielle
McAuley
Harkins (may stay if he doesn't go pro)
Bondra
Wishnowski
Ruopp
Edmonds

What kind of team can just replace that over the course of a season?

Morrison Bethune Anderson are good players but nothing I can really see carrying an entire team.

They have a lot of 20 year olds upcoming and will have lots of decisions on who to move and keep.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
McAuley, Edmonds, Ruopp are gone. Morrison, Bethune, Bondra, Harkins, Wishnowski, Boyd, Gabrielle, O'Brien, Collins, Olson, Guhle are all 19.

We went all in this year, and couldn't win a series. What a disappointment.

Bondra is already 20 and gone next year, if I'm not incorrect.

This is utterly disappointing. Reading the Facebook page angers me just how overly positive it is and how this is being sugarcoated. This is a terribly bad result for the team they built and the future they sacrificed.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Victoria loses Jack Walker, Ryan Gagnon, and Carter Folk next year to age. Tyler Soy and Chaz Reddekopp likely turn pro next year. Vladimir Bobylev may give Russia another shot.

The defensive core was already a weak spot and losing their two best defenders is going to leave Victoria in a world of hurt.

Phillips should at least keep things interesting and Outhouse should keep them in the top 8 in the West.

Cam Hope has his work cut out for him this summer for sure.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Victoria loses Jack Walker, Ryan Gagnon, and Carter Folk next year to age. Tyler Soy and Chaz Reddekopp likely turn pro next year. Vladimir Bobylev may give Russia another shot.

The defensive core was already a weak spot and losing their two best defenders is going to leave Victoria in a world of hurt.

Phillips should at least keep things interesting and Outhouse should keep them in the top 8 in the West.

Looks like we are in the same position...except you didn't sell the farm to go on a run...

Cougars HAVE to ice a competitive team that is in top of conference IMO or attendance will dip. Despite being a top team the Cougars still sat in the low class of average attendance.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013

Shouldn't Soy be staying? I thought he was drafted last year...man....this could hurt.

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
Looks like we are in the same position...except you didn't sell the farm to go on a run...

Cougars HAVE to ice a competitive team that is in top of conference IMO or attendance will dip. Despite being a top team the Cougars still sat in the low class of average attendance.

You'll get a couple of the 19s (I'll guess Morrison and O'Brien, but who knows) back with McDonald, Popugayev, and Curtis, right? That's the basis for a pretty good group.

D and G will be a bit of a bumpy ride. BUT! Victoria's losing Walker and Soy and Redekopp. Kamloops is losing like 4/6 top forwards and the league's best goalie. Kelowna's losing their entire top line. Vancouver blows. It won't be easy but PG's situation next year isn't hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad