2017 WHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'm not sure what I was worried about. Fantastic game tonight.

I was worried about 30 seconds in. Everyone at Don Cherry's Sports Bar was like "oh great here we go".

Great game. Steady Eddy is steady.

Bondra has been an absolutely massive addition. Harkins was a stud.

Steal game four and the CN Centre will be rocking Saturday in a potential series clincher.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Tied series between Victoria and Everett, debating whether or not I should try to get tickets for game 6.

Working 6 PM - 6 AM on Saturday night, which means very little sleep with the 2 PM start on Sunday ... plus I have tons of homework ...

Probably shouldn't ... if they win game 5, I'll probably make a poor life decision to go haha

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Tied series between Victoria and Everett, debating whether or not I should try to get tickets for game 6.

Working 6 PM - 6 AM on Saturday night, which means very little sleep with the 2 PM start on Sunday ... plus I have tons of homework ...

Probably shouldn't ... if they win game 5, I'll probably make a poor life decision to go haha

Oh god u have to go forsure!!!... Make a poor life decision regardless my friend!haha

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada

This is shocking to me, I honestly thought Everett would wipe the floor with them. I should have listened to my heart. My heart is unsure if Everett's system will ever work in the playoffs.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Regina and Medicine Hat sweep into the 2nd round. No real surprise there, I think at best those were done in 5.

Really surprised to see Lethbridge down 3-1, they were one of the hottest teams the second half of the season. If they don't pull off the comeback it'll be very similar to last season.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The East will be a cake walk until the conference finals I think.

West is going to be a war here on out. Goddamn Portland/PG going to go 6 at minimum with a huuuuuuge amount of miles traveled. Whoever wins that series is going to be hurting next round.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Regina and Medicine Hat sweep into the 2nd round. No real surprise there, I think at best those were done in 5.

Really surprised to see Lethbridge down 3-1, they were one of the hottest teams the second half of the season. If they don't pull off the comeback it'll be very similar to last season.

I am surprised that the Hitmen didn't even give them a challenge in one of the games. 5-2, 5-1, 5-2, 5-1, and not the closest was game three where the Hitmen actually outplayed the Pats for 1 period. Considering that in 4 games through the regular season, the Hitmen went 1-2-1 against the Pats, I expected them to make one game at least close.

As for Lethbridge... they're a team that is destined to struggle against Sutter hockey. The Rebels are a frustrating team to play against and they don't give up a lot of opportunities that the Hurricanes capitalize on. I still am not counting Lethbridge out, but... Sutter hockey.

The Pats should dominate whoever comes out of the MJ/SC series, and I expect the Tigers to dominate the other series as well. I still favour MH (slightly) but it's hard to go against the Pats.

It will be interesting to see the finals - whether early adversity goes in favour of the west team playing a higher level game, or an easy path for 2 rounds in the east favours a fresher, healthier team.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
The East will be a cake walk until the conference finals I think.

West is going to be a war here on out. Goddamn Portland/PG going to go 6 at minimum with a huuuuuuge amount of miles traveled. Whoever wins that series is going to be hurting next round.

If it goes to 7, Portland will have traveled 9576 KM. P.G. will have travelled 7,182 KM. This is where having home ice will have the big advantage.

But I would still rather of had to play Kamloops or Kelowna and had only an eight hour bus ride each way.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
If it goes to 7, Portland will have traveled 9576 KM. P.G. will have travelled 7,182 KM. This is where having home ice will have the big advantage.

But I would still rather of had to play Kamloops or Kelowna and had only an eight hour bus ride each way.

I would rather Tri City. Sure the travel, but no matter who they played they were the weakest link IMO.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
This is shocking to me, I honestly thought Everett would wipe the floor with them. I should have listened to my heart. My heart is unsure if Everett's system will ever work in the playoffs.

As did I, but to nobody's surprise Griffen Outhouse is keeping them in it. Sure would be nice if someone other than Bajkov, Zwerger, or Davis contributed some points though.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
a very easy series for Seattle... played without Barzal and their #1 goalie Toth for the whole series and without Gropp for half of the games. It was rumored that all 3 COULD have played last night if it was do or die, but they felt that it would be better to just rest them all since they were up 3 games to none.

Tbirds definitely lucked out having Tri in the first round. They were by far the weakest team in the West. I expect those big 3 back for the next round

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Gagnon called offsides on the OT goal (it was close, but it looks like it wasn't offsides in slow-mo) and stopped playing for a couple of seconds and then he ended up screening Outhouse. To top it off, he got cheap-shotted following the goal.

HowDoIHockey

Supreme Mugwump
Jul 12, 2015
Victoria
Gagnon called offsides on the OT goal (it was close, but it looks like it wasn't offsides in slow-mo) and stopped playing for a couple of seconds and then he ended up screening Outhouse. To top it off, he got cheap-shotted following the goal.

Ugh really? I couldn't find a video, ended up just listening to the Everett radio broadcast.
I've got tickets to Game 6 - I really hope they can pull off a victory!

Sidekick

Mar 20, 2013

...crazy to me that this isn't a 2-3-2 series. And they have to bus it, right?..isn't that like a WHL rule?

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
I'd like to take the Hurricanes and squeeze them by their little heads.

Finish 22 points ahead of the Rebels this year, beat them every game all season, choke miserably in the playoffs.

Down 3-1 in the series and had 2 goal leads in all three games they lost, including being up 3-1 with about 3 minutes left in game 3 only to lose in double OT.

Even tonight they've had 1-0, 2-1 and 3-2 leads. Currently 3-3 going to the 3rd.

Also, I wish Brandon Hagel and Micheal Spacek would just #### off already.

/vent

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Outhouse bailing Victoria out all night. Easily first star tonight if they win.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Triple OT now; Victoria seemed to be carrying the momentum to end the 2nd OT, hopefully that keeps up.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Quadruple overtime ... This would've been an extremely terrible life decision had I gone to this game :laugh:

At least I can do homework during intermissions watching from home

HowDoIHockey

Supreme Mugwump
Jul 12, 2015
Victoria
Quadruple overtime ... This would've been an extremely terrible life decision had I gone to this game :laugh:

At least I can do homework during intermissions watching from home

Lol I'm glad I'm getting to see this game but yeah i need to go eat dinner and get ready for my own playoff game tonight!

Crowd is definitely thinning but there's still lots of people here. Nice chant of OUT-HOUSE as he skated off. Shots currently 53 - 58 for Everett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad