2017 WHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
this Western conference playoff race is insane....

Everett should beat Royals pretty easily
Seattle should beat Tri pretty easily....

PG and Portland will be a massive battle
Kam and Kel will be a massive battle too

good lord

Im predicting Everett, Seattle, PG and Kelowna onto round 2

and in the East I think Regina, MJ, MH and Leth will move on to round 2

*Just heard Barzal is probably going to miss tonights game still with the whole mumps/no mumps situation and also their starter goalie Toth is hurt still....Seattle is going with their 16 year old Stankowski in net. I still expect Seattle to win regardless

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
**** I am so hyped right now. One more hour of work then time to prep for the ups and downs of a playoff game.

Lets go Cats

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
I think some of these series in the West are going to be closer than people think.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
I would LOVE to see you guys knock out Everett. Please do it
I'm not saying we will, but the sweeps and 5-game predictions seem unrealistic to me (yes, I know Everett swept us in the season, but we do have a significantly healthier lineup to start the playoffs than most of the season)

The broadcast audio quality is brutal on Neulion and the radio broadcast is like 30 seconds ahead :help:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Can easily see this PG/POR series going the distance. Wasn't happy with the matchup then and not happy now.

Portland is a good sleeper team.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
There's going to be more players in the penalty boxes than the benches soon

Hordichuk_24

I'm a little late on predictions but I'll post them anyway.

I like Kelowna over Kamloops in 6 or 7. I'm happy this series is televised as I have the most interest viewing this one. The series last season between these two teams was the most entertaining, IMO.

I'm picking Portland over Prince George in 6 or 7 as well. I would rather see the Cats win but personally I never thought too highly of the team at any point (even after all the deals). Something seems off and has for a while in my opinion. I don't think very highly of Portland either but heading into the post season I think their game is a bit stronger.

I think Everett will beat Victoria in 6. I hope the Royals can somehow pull it off but like Prince George there is something about the Royals that seems off to me. They should be better than they are. Everett typically chokes in the playoffs and in the past with Constantine teams when the physicality picks up they fold like a cheap tent. The Royals have the bodies to play that type of game but if the officials decide to be whistle happy that will only make the task of beating Everett that much more difficult.

I believe Seattle should beat Tri-City without much trouble. I'll pick Seattle in 5.

In the east I'll take Regina over Calgary in 5, Moose Jaw over Swift Current in 6, Medicine Hat over Brandon in 6 and Lethbridge over Red Deer in 6 as well. That series is another I would like to watch more closely but I am not getting the playoff package this season for the first time.

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I went to games 1 and 2 in Regina. Game 1 was a lot closer than the final score indicated, bit of a feeling out process by both teams. Game 2 tonight was not nearly as close and also felt a lot more like a playoff game, lots of emotion and chippiness.

I could see Regina and Medicine Hat winning in 4 or 5. I think the other series in the East are going to be a lot closer. The West has a lot more parity this year, no idea who will come out of that Conference.

HowDoIHockey

Supreme Mugwump
Jul 12, 2015
Victoria
Go Royals! Last year's elimination was... heartbreaking and weird. Different team this year of course but still hoping they can make a good run.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
I still feel bad for Logan Fisher, such a tough way to end what was a pretty decent junior career.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
What happened?
Victoria had a 2-0 lead in game 7 going into the third period.

Fisher accidentally knocked the 2-1 goal into his own net on what was a pretty harmless looking play.

The seconds were ticking away late in the third with Victoria still holding onto a 1-goal lead. There was a scrum in the corner and the puck came out to Fisher, who made a weak clearing attempt that Kelowna quickly converted into the game-tying goal with 0.2 seconds left.

Kelowna would then win it in overtime.

http://whl.ca/video/point-two-was-kelowna-victoria-2016-the-best-series-in-recent-history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->