2017 Training Camp Thread - Almost There...

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
More skilled sure, better physical tools sure, better players sure, but I don't think either are more creative.

I disagree, but it would be great if he proves me wrong. I'm not questioning deangelo's creativity with the puck really, it's more domi and oel are frickin wizards.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If you trade Stone who is our second pairing RD? I like Stone and what he brings and I think he is more valuable than what most think.

This is like three times in a week, Jake! Is someone writing these down? Should we have a sticky thread documenting when we're in agreement?

;)

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I wonder if theres any regret signing McGinn given how well Crouse and Fischer have preformed.

I don't think so. I liked McGiinn's game in preseason. He had a big hit almost every game and crashed the net every chance he had. I think he'll prove a good signing as the season goes on.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
More skilled sure, better physical tools sure, better players sure, but I don't think either are more creative.
I disagree, Domi has that extra something special when it comes to creativity.

tumblr_ninvvgUDsQ1seuz2eo1_500.gif

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Are any more forwards going to be cut?

Unless both Michalek and Dahlbeck stay on the roster, I don't think so. This looks like 23 men to me (configurations notwithstanding) unless I'm forgetting someone:

Domi-Hanzal-Vrbata
Rieder-Dvorak-Duclair
Martinook-Richardson-Doan
Crouse-Strome-McGinn
ex: Dauphin, White

OEL-Murphy
Goligoski-Schenn
Chychrun-McBain
ex: Michalek or Dahlbeck

Smith
Domingue

More cuts will come when Tinordi, Connauton and Stone return. I'd guess Crouse only lasts nine games. Maybe Chychrun too. McBain will stick around as needed depending on those nine-game timelines and whether the injured and suspended players come back before that time (though I'm not sure Tinordi is ahead of him on the depth chart). For anyone getting worried about McBain, it looks to me like Tippett's usual move of giving AHL depth a little payday as a reward for hard work (and more importantly as a carrot to dangle in front of other vets).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I would NOT upgrade that 3rd to a 2nd just to get 9 games of Crouse. The condition on the pick is that I'd be playsbin the NHL this season we lose a 2nd instead of a 3rd. Wonder what the games played requirement is? If it's 1gp than no way I lose thirty selection spots for a nine game fantasy camp for Lawson.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Unless both Michalek and Dahlbeck stay on the roster, I don't think so. This looks like 23 men to me (configurations notwithstanding) unless I'm forgetting someone:

Domi-Hanzal-Vrbata
Rieder-Dvorak-Duclair
Crouse-Strome-McGinn

OEL-Murphy
Goligoski-Schenn
Chychrun-McBain

Smith
Domingue

More cuts will come when Tinordi, Connauton and Stone return. I'd guess Crouse only lasts nine games. Maybe Chychrun too. McBain will stick around as needed depending on those nine-game timelines and whether the injured and suspended players come back before that time (though I'm not sure Tinordi is ahead of him on the depth chart). For anyone getting worried about McBain, it looks to me like Tippett's usual move of giving AHL depth a little payday as a reward for hard work (and more importantly as a carrot to dangle in front of other vets).

Lol, do you really think we are going to keep Strome up here to have him play on the 4th line?

rt

May 13, 2004

Domi-Hanzal-Vrbata
Rieder-Dvorak-Duclair
Crouse-Strome-McGinn

OEL-Murphy
Goligoski-Schenn
Chychrun-McBain

Smith
Domingue

Send Crouse and Dauphin down and pick up Latta:

Domi-Hanzal-Vrbata
Rieder-Dvorak-Duclair
McGinn-Strome-White
Latta

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
I would NOT upgrade that 3rd to a 2nd just to get 9 games of Crouse. The condition on the pick is that I'd be playsbin the NHL this season we lose a 2nd instead of a 3rd. Wonder what the games played requirement is? If it's 1gp than no way I lose thirty selection spots for a nine game fantasy camp for Lawson.

The second becomes a third if Crouse plays less then 10 games in the NHL this year

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002

If I remember correctly, a 9-game tryout would not trigger that condition.

Lol, do you really think we are going to keep Strome up here to have him play on the 4th line?

The lines I threw out there were mostly just to list everyone on the roster in an easy-to-digest format, but I don't see him getting a ton of even strength minutes to start. He should be a fixture on the powerplay, but if they're bringing him along as a center from the beginning, he will need to be sheltered with limited minutes and favorable matchups until his legs start moving a little faster.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Isn't Condra payed a lot more? I don't mind adding another warmish body because it ought to trickle down to Tucson. It'd be nice to have a semidecent farm team for a change.

rt

May 13, 2004
Already have Ryan White. I'd rather take Condra. But there's no room for waiver pickups, and that's refreshing.

Half of the quotes forward group is 1st or 2nd year players. Sending two rookies down to more appropriate leagues to add a more appropriate press box player is good for those kids and good for the club.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Half of the quotes forward group is 1st or 2nd year players. Sending two rookies down to more appropriate leagues to add a more appropriate press box player is good for those kids and good for the club.

More appropriate leagues?

You having some sort of crisis? Let them at least play ten games before fretting about who is being ruined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad