Speculation: 2017 Trade Deadline Discussion (Buy/Sell, Rumors, Trades, Scouts, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I dont see Buffalo losing Kane for nothing. If he was not signed to an extnesion, he gets traded for something likely in late July after they talk some (if he isnt traded before that)

lets relook at the trade with Winnipeg...

Bogo=Myers

so you have Kane for a UFA+ a late 1st+Armia+ Lemieux. I see Lemieux as a 4th lliner on a good team, on a poor team he plays 3rd line. Armia is a nd/3rd line winger who could play on a 1st line if there is chemistry with the linemates. The late 1st 25-30 is an utter crapshoot in terms of being anything beyond a 3rd liner/#4-6 Dman.

if Buffalo kept their players and didnt make these trades (for ROR and Kane) you would be looking at this:

vets drafted in 2012 or before (9)
Ennis, Moulson, Foligno, Gionta, Larsson,Girgensons, Grigorenko, Armia, Des,
drafted 2013 or later (9):
Eichel, Reinhart, Lemieux, Compher, Bptiste, Bailey, Fasching, Carrier, Nylander,
+ other system forwards and the 1st and 2nd round picks traded

18 forwards listed---you can only carry a max of 14 on your roster....they had too many---ideally you want to trade 2 or 3 of them and bring in an estqblished veteran forward. That is what they did.

The issue is the Ennis and Moulson contracts.....

as a result 18-19 will be close to the cap if they dont move one of them

Nylander(ELC)-Eichel ($6M)- Bailey (BR) = 8.2
Carrier (BR)-ROR($7.5M)- KO ($6M) =14.7
Kane ($6M)-Reinhart ($5M)- Baptste (BR) = 12.2
Foligno ($3M))-Larsson/Girgs ($3M)-Fasching(BR) =8.2
Moulson ($5M), Ennis ($4.6M) = 9.6

(BR)=$1.2M
(ELC)=$1M

F= 8.2+ 14.7+ 12.2+8.2+9.6=$52.9M
D/G= 11.4+ 6.7+4+5= $27.1M
T= $80M

vet ($6M)- Risto ($5.4M)
McCabe($1.6M)-Bogo($5.1M)
Guhle (ELC)- vet($2M)
vet ($1M)

Lehner ($4M)
backu ($1M)

the totl is $80M---I highly doubt the cap will be that high---more like $75M. If Buffalo could move Moulson they would be just under the cap.

This is also why I see only 1 of Foligno/Larsson/Girgensons being on the tem in 18/19. A cost cutting move. substituting $1M/ELC players saves them around $4M in cap space.

in 19/10 season

Moulson/Ennis will come off the books---that$9.6M would then go to McCabe+ Nylander or one of the other BR players.

Bogosian cap space when his contract end in 2020 would then open up space to sign Guhle from his ELC ending and save space for the likely 2017 1st Dman they would then sign after the ELC in maybe 2020 or 2021

With Toronto...in 18/19 Toronto is in a little bit of a quadry

tin 2017 and 2018 they have 10 RFA contracts up to be resigned and 7 UFAs that expire.

as of now for 18/19 thy have 7 contracts costing $29M

in 2019 they have Matthews and Marner to sign--those arent counted in the 10 RFAs I mentioned above.

If they operate with a $75M cap then you figure they would have an internal cap limit of around $60M in committed contracts in 2019 summer when they need to sign Matthews and Marner. They wil need to be careful the next couple of years and their 10 RFAs could be gotten with low offer sheets that only cost a 2nd round pick as compensation.

Also in 2019/20 them having Horton and his dead cap space will play a role that season because many of their players will be beyongd ELC so they wont be able to put contracts against Hortons LTIR.

Why are you bridging 1st year RFAs at 1.2?

All you have to do is look at how Larsson and Girgensons have been handled to see that's not how Murray will handle 3 first year RFAs.

You're giving them near 100% raises... it's silly

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Why are you bridging 1st year RFAs at 1.2?

All you have to do is look at how Larsson and Girgensons have been handled to see that's not how Murray will handle 3 first year RFAs.

You're giving them near 100% raises... it's silly
100% raises???

the base salary is 800K-925K. using $1.2M is an average bridge contract salary. that is a 50% increase.

Foligno got as a bridge $1.875M if I recall correctly. remember its based on how they perfom next year--not this year.

Can you say for certain that non of bailey, baptiste, fashing, or Carrier will have a break out year?? If any of them play on the top 3 lines with ROR-Eichel-Reinhart as the centers over the course of the year I would not be surprised if 1-2 of them could put up 15-20 goal seasons and 38-45 pt seasons.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
100% raises???

the base salary is 800K-925K. using $1.2M is an average bridge contract salary. that is a 50% increase.

Foligno got as a bridge $1.875M if I recall correctly. remember its based on how they perfom next year--not this year.

Can you say for certain that non of bailey, baptiste, fashing, or Carrier will have a break out year?? If any of them play on the top 3 lines with ROR-Eichel-Reinhart as the centers over the course of the year I would not be surprised if 1-2 of them could put up 15-20 goal seasons and 38-45 pt seasons.

Carriers base salary is 670k
Bailey is 670k
Baptiste is 718k

Qualifying offers are based on previous base salary

So yea, you proposed nearly 100% raises for Carrier and Bailey

And Foligno's contract was in a different cap world for the Sabres and Murray clearly sees that difference in how he handled Larsson and Girgs.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
What started the madness of posters thinking we can get Sergachev at the deadline?

No one thinks that. Not that I read. I was pretty sure people are just debating. I love how people always attack on a message board even mods just for debating or post trades like they actually mean something in the NHL.

Someone saying,"I would give up Kane for Sergachev"

Somehow you have turned into,"its madness to think Montreal would trade Sergachev at the deadline!!!!"

Not the same thing mate. Relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino