GDT: 2017 Trade Deadline Bonanza: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
If im shattenkirk I say this team did zero to get me at the deadline to go for a Cup not signing there in July. They didn't believe enough in me neither do In them at this point. No way I'd sign with us if I were him now.

See: Carmelo Anthony to the Knicks

Gave up a bunch of assets for a player they would have gotten in free agency, and ended up screwing over the team as a result. Better to keep assets and wait.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I've cracked it. The Kings aren't scouting the Rangers because they already saw the way Kopitar and Zucc played in the WHC and know he's the perfect fit.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
This blows bigtime Shatty going to Caps

Now we need to somehow finish #1 WC so we can play Atlantic and than play survivor of the Metro which likely will be the Caps. Maybe by a miracle we can pull off an upset if we can get thru the Atlantic. No way in hell with team we have unfortunatly presently constructed, we can beat both Pens and Caps back to back. I'm an optimist but also a realist. Caps just likely punched their ticket to the Cup finals....****...I'm pissed

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island

Now we need to somehow finish #1 WC so we can play Atlantic and than play survivor of the Metro which likely will be the Caps. Maybe by a miracle we can pull off an upset if we can get thru the Atlantic. No way in hell with team we have unfortunatly presently constructed, we can beat both Pens and Caps back to back. I'm an optimist but also a realist. Caps just likely punched their ticket to the Cup finals....****...I'm pissed
"somehow"

that's pretty comfortably where we're sitting right now

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I've cracked it. The Kings aren't scouting the Rangers because they already saw the way Kopitar and Zucc played in the WHC and know he's the perfect fit.

But what about Nash AND Zucc!?!?!?!?

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC

The Rangers are more than Shattenkirk away from a Cup. I'm glad Jeff Gorton didn't do anything stupid to add him. I have more confidence that I'll see a Cup in my lifetime with Gorton running the show than I ever was with Sather pissing away assets with a hopeless team.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Only get so many chances.

We screwed around with Nash in 11-12 when we had hank at his best and a clear path to Cup Final. Don't worry we'll get him over the summer. We went in with no guns and got upset by an average Devils team because we couldn't score. That team gets Nash and we are in the Cup Final.

Next season Lock out we get smoked with Nash in two rounds chance blown

2013 2014 we man up grab MSL a deal I make everyday and we play for the Cup no prospect was worth that experience.

14 15 we go all in again grab yandle and if even remotely healthy we would have been in the Final again. But zero regrets.

Now we've got a top 5 team and we are doing exactly what we did in 11-12 sitting on our hands because there's always next year to get the guy. Huge huge mistake. Girardi Staal Lundqvist Nash all about done but still under contract. Our window maybe maybe is this year and next that's it. And we just forfeited this year for what? Couple late picks in a bad draft and what amounts to adam tambellini

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
But what about Nash AND Zucc!?!?!?!?

giphy.gif

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Gorton's MO in his first year here is to get the team younger and still contend at the same time. Re-tool on the fly. The Rangers are a better team this year than last swapping out Brassard for Zibanejad and adding young, cost controlled forwards in Vesey and Buchnevich over flops like Jarett Stoll, Viktor Stalberg, and Dom Moore.

Gorton is going to continue phasing out the old blood and adding new blood that is younger, faster, and hungrier.

He knows the toll that the last 3 years of cup runs has taken on the future of this team. He's trying to assure that we're not like the Devils; mediocre due to being pidgeonholed by 2-3 great players with a terrible supporting cast and drafting consistently outside of the top 5. I was at the 2013 NHL Draft at the Rock when the Schneider trade was announced. A couple of friends next to me were smiling at each other because we knew that they wouldn't rebuild properly with that trade. Look at where they are now.

Get younger, faster, and better. Re-tool on the fly. Trading multiple high picks that are needed to draft good, young, cost controlled players for a defenseman that, while needed, will probably come here anyway during free agency is horrible asset management. Washington, Pittsburgh, and Columbus are terrorizing the NHL this year, and all play in our division. This wasn't the year to make a big deadline splash on a rental. Making hockey trades to improve the club now and in the future are what Gorton is trying to (and should be) put together.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011

We screwed around with Nash in 11-12 when we had hank at his best and a clear path to Cup Final. Don't worry we'll get him over the summer. We went in with no guns and got upset by an average Devils team because we couldn't score. That team gets Nash and we are in the Cup Final.

2013 2014 we man up grab MSL a deal I make everyday and we play for the Cup no prospect was worth that experience.

14 15 we go all in again grab yandle and if even remotely healthy we would have been in the Final again. But zero regrets.

Now we've got a top 5 team and we are doing exactly what we did in 11-12 sitting on our hands because there's always next year to get the guy. Huge huge mistake. Girardi Staal Lundqvist Nash all about done but still under contract. Our window maybe maybe is this year and next that's it. And we just forfeited this year for what? Couple late picks in a bad draft and what amounts to adam tambellini

I want to compare the ages of the core pieces between those teams and this team. Sather was also gunning for it every year because he wanted to win one last cup and then retire.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

G and Staal are practically done already :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad