GDT: 2017 Trade Deadline Bonanza: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
"somehow"

that's pretty comfortably where we're sitting right now

Yes I know but we don't know where we are going to end up at the moment with 20 games left.

I was hoping we would get Shatty so we could either make a run for the #1 slot in Metro which was an outside shot but possible or if we got Shatty, we might have enough to possibly beat both Pens and Caps if we ended up in a top 3 spot.

Not tho, no way we even have a shot a Metro #1 spot. So now I'm totally hoping we finish #4 seed and end up playing the Atlantic. I know it won't be easy and I know we aren't tanking but still that is our best chance at doing some damage in the playoffs.

**** I'm pissed. Caps don't even need Shatty. We needed him alot more than them.....uggggggg. I'm sorry but I'm very dissapointed. We are ****ed now at least for this year we are.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Yes I know but we don't know where we are going to end up at the moment with 20 games left.

I was hoping we would get Shatty so we could either make a run for the #1 slot in Metro which was an outside shot but possible or if we got Shatty, we might have enough to possibly beat both Pens and Caps if we ended up in a top 3 spot.

Not tho, no way we even have a shot a Metro #1 spot. So now I'm totally hoping we finish #4 seed and end up playing the Atlantic. I know it won't be easy and I know we aren't tanking but still that is our best chance at doing some damage in the playoffs.

**** I'm pissed. Caps don't even need Shatty. We needed him alot more than them.....uggggggg. I'm sorry but I'm very dissapointed. We are ****ed now at least for this year we are.

You need to calm down. Go write in your diary or yell into a pilllow.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Guys It comes down to the caps trying to beat the pens to get out of the metro. they will beat each other up and in the end the pens win in 7 because caps choke and the pens have cindy.
it comes down to whether we get wild card1 or pass up columbus for 3 seed. if its the latter nothing matters anyway cause we don't get passed first round.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Caps still won't win the cup and Shattenkirk will be ours come July 1st, book it

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Guys It comes down to the caps trying to beat the pens to get out of the metro. they will beat each other up and in the end the pens win in 7 because caps choke and the pens have cindy.
it comes down to whether we get wild card1 or pass up columbus for 3 seed. if its the latter nothing matters anyway cause we don't get passed first round.

Agreed.

At this point, make a move for Brendan Smith, and put Clendo in the lineup full-time.

Shatty is going to be a Ranger on July 1st anyhow in all likelihood.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Full conditions of the deal.

THRILLED the Rangers didn't top this. Get him on July 1.

Not for nothing, that's a pretty horrendous trade for St. Louis. They're basically banking on the Caps doing well otherwise they'll only get an early to mid 20s first rounder and a decent prospect. Not to mention if they do get to the ECF, that first rounder falls to 27th at best and the conditional 2nd rounder isn't until 2019 anyway. I can't believe they couldn't get another team to get them to send two picks guaranteed.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Agreed.

At this point, make a move for Brendan Smith, and put Clendo in the lineup full-time.

Shatty is going to be a Ranger on July 1st anyhow in all likelihood.

Yup we should be thankful the pens didn't get him. if pitt got him you mind as well hand them the cup on feb 28th 2017 and call it a season.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
Playoff avatars.

NYR]

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
You need to calm down. Go write in your diary or yell into a pilllow.

lol...I've had a few cocktails and so I agree I'm jumping the shark a bit. Cut me some slack...:)

That said, I'm still pissed. I really wanted Shatty as he was the perfect fit for us....

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Only because this division is ridiculously good. But we would have to play at least one of those teams.

I was just saying, there's a time to go all-in at the deadline, like the Caps this year. The Rangers are not showing enough promise for it to be worth it to go all-in this year.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
hey another kick at the can or whatever this is a team no one gave a shot of being a top 5 team at beginning of the season in fact many said the "window" is shut! nailed down!!

Maybe Gorton will grab a Smith for a 2nd or 3rd. Maybe Girardi will tweak a knee and miss the playoffs?
We could grab the wc1 and meet the pens in the ECF. who's knows. lets keep some faith and hope That gorton doesnt give up a ton for some over the hill player.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
That's mostly due to the defense.

I'd have gone all in for Shatty and someone like Smith, but I also understand why Gorton didn't.

at least you see both sides. i mean what if the blues asked for a first and Buch? or a first and zibby? we don't know. we just can't give up on young players like graves or Buch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad