GDT: 2017 Trade Deadline Bonanza: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Y'all upset that we didn't steal our own lunch need to understand that we've gone all in so many years in a row now. St.Louis, Yandle, Eric Staal. If we keep going all in, we gon be in a real hurtin' when the year rolls around when we all out.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Happy Gorton didn't overpay and held his ground on value.

We'll see Kevin on July 1st.

The conditionals on that trade were super intricate. Wowzers.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I got the perfect tagline for the playoffs

Rangers 2017 Playoffs: Papa John's and a Well Oiled Threesome

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Caps only have to give up that second rounder if they get by Pittsburgh And into the conference Final. You know how good a deal that is for them? Who wouldn't give up a 2nd round pick for a trip to east final where you'd play the weaker division. They don't get by Pitt it's only a late first rounder and a garbage prospect.

I'm amazed people are ok with us letting that happen

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Reading the Blues board wow. They felt like basically they got a bottom 6 forward prospect and a first round pick (especially if the pens beat the caps in 2nd round).
Maybe the blues didn't send shatty to us out of spite lol

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Caps only have to give up that second rounder if they get by Pittsburgh And into the conference Final. You know how good a deal that is for them? Who wouldn't give up a 2nd round pick for a trip to east final where you'd play the weaker division. They don't get by Pitt it's only a late first rounder and a garbage prospect.

youre right but would really love to know what the pens and rangers offered. Seems like its possible that Armstrong didn't make the right deal for his team???

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Reading the Blues board wow. They felt like basically they got a bottom 6 forward prospect and a first round pick (especially if the pens beat the caps in 2nd round).

I'm thinking this is true....

While Shattenkirk was the perfect guy to fill the Rangers’ need for a first-pair partner for Ryan McDonagh and for a power-play weapon from the point, general manager Jeff Gorton was steadfast in his refusal to surrender a young top-nine forward (Pavel Buchnevich qualifies under that umbrella) or Brady Skjei in order to acquire the pending free agent.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY

This is exactly what I thought. Lol
Especially with the fact the Craps play us tomorrow.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
The Blues wanted more from the Rangers than anyone else.. They know he wants to come here, they were trying to get us to give up assets that basically is a sign and trade.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

While Shattenkirk was the perfect guy to fill the Rangers’ need for a first-pair partner for Ryan McDonagh and for a power-play weapon from the point, general manager Jeff Gorton was steadfast in his refusal to surrender a young top-nine forward (Pavel Buchnevich qualifies under that umbrella) or Brady Skjei in order to acquire the pending free agent.

but i thought gorton blew it!!!!

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
If the Rangers trade Miller they better get a damn good return. Can we please just have one scoring forward that actually hits and has some fire. Finally getting over the sting of Dubi leaving.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA

Blues' fans wanted a top 6 center prospect for Shatty. Was never gonna happen

The guy they got back should be a solid player.

Now we wait to see how many Blues' fans tear Shatty apart because they could of had Hall, or presumably Tyler Johnson, and now they got what they got.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

if thats true thank goodness Gorton didn't do it. imagine we lose Buch or Skjei (No way gorton could be that stupid to trade SKjei) and lose in round 1 to the pens? would set this franchise back BIG time

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

But I thought the Rangers shouldn't trade their first round picks anymore?

This trade is divisive but it's clear Gorton didn't want to give those assets up. Rangers easily could have beaten that deal, but in a weird way, the fact that they didn't makes me okay with them missing out. STL is the ones with egg on their face here. Hanzal went for more.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If the Rangers trade Miller they better get a damn good return. Can we please just have one scoring forward that actually hits and has some fire. Finally getting over the sting of Dubi leaving.

Please no!!! If we trade Miller there is no return at this point that would satisfy. Even Faulk wouldn't be good enough. Stepan for Faulk maybe but not Miller.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Playoff Avatars: Funny things from our commentators.

Papa Johns eating Sam
Well oiled threesome
Vally says "Hank can do nothing wrong [sic]"
Duguay and his DoFlamboyant suits
etc.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
if thats true thank goodness Gorton didn't do it. imagine we lose Buch or Skjei (No way gorton could be that stupid to trade SKjei) and lose in round 1 to the pens? would set this franchise back BIG time

This is from Brooks.. 1st and one of those were the demands apparently.

bottom line is the Blues would only trade him to the Rangers it seems if they got what they felt they should get in a sign and trade (even tho its technically not that at all).

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

This trade is divisive but it's clear Gorton didn't want to give those assets up. Rangers easily could have beaten that deal, but in a weird way, the fact that they didn't makes me okay with them missing out. STL is the ones with egg on their face here. Hanzal went for more.

They wanted a top 9 player (buch falls into that too) or Skjei + picks.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Exactly im sure Boo didn't satisfy their appetite and they probably asked for a cost controlled top 6/9 guy like a Buch or possibly Zibby (if you call him cost controlled).

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
at this point if we ever traded SKjei I want Trouba and the way Skjei has played he should be a blueshirt period.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
What Caps gave up for Shatty, I don't think it would have been all too horrible for us to have given up especially considering we have the propensity to be able to attract top level college talent combined with FA's love to come to play with us.

I don't know maybe it's the alcohol speaking but is anyone but me dissapointed that we didn't get Shatty at deadline and instead the Caps got him? I feel like I'm on an island here. I truly don't think what we would have needed to give up to get him was so exorbitant....I really don't.

Now the Caps those ******* have clearly made themselves the favorites to come out of the East. Is it impossible that we could beat them? Of course not but it just got a heck of alot tougher.

Now I'm more convinced that staying where we are....#1 WC is our only shot at making it the Cup finals. Even if we got a Brendan Smith, the Caps and Pens would be awefully tought to beat back to back if we finished ast the #2 or 3 seed. Only chance for us IMO to do get to the finals is to go thru the Atlantic, beat whatever two teams we needed to beat...likely Ottawa and Montreal and hopefully the confidence and momentum we had would resonate with a miracle type ECF vs probably the Caps and we can beat them.

At very worst, hopefully Shatty won't sign with Caps and we can get him in the summer. I can't lie tho....I'm pretty dissapointed at this turn of events and that the Caps got him. Still haven't wrapped my hands around this yet....uggggggggg

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
What Caps gave up for Shatty, I don't think it would have been all too horrible for us to have given up especially considering we have the propensity to be able to attract top level college talent combined with FA's love to come to play with us.

I don't know maybe it's the alcohol speaking but is anyone but me dissapointed that we didn't get Shatty at deadline and instead the Caps got him? I feel like I'm on an island here. I truly don't think what we would have needed to give up to get him was so exorbitant....I really don't.

Now the Caps those ******* have clearly made themselves the favorites to come out of the East. Is it impossible that we could beat them? Of course not but it just got a heck of alot tougher.

Now I'm more convinced that staying where we are....#1 WC is our only shot at making it the Cup finals. Even if we got a Brendan Smith, the Caps and Pens would be awefully tought to beat back to back if we finished ast the #2 or 3 seed. Only chance for us IMO to do get to the finals is to go thru the Atlantic, beat whatever two teams we needed to beat...likely Ottawa and Montreal and hopefully the confidence and momentum we had would resonate with a miracle type ECF vs probably the Caps and we can beat them.

At very worst, hopefully Shatty won't sign with Caps and we can get him in the summer. I can't lie tho....I'm pretty dissapointed at this turn of events and that the Caps got him. Still haven't wrapped my hands around this yet....uggggggggg

Again, the price for US was considerably higher.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Rooting hard for Torts and the Bluejackets. Beat up the Pens then proceed to beat the Caps in round 2. ok maybe im dreaming a bit too much here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad