GDT: 2017 Trade Deadline Bonanza: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Again, the price for US was considerably higher.

would not be shocked at all if that was the case. we always seem to be the team that pays full price. Staal, St louis and Yandle. losing picks in much much better drafts than the upcoming one.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
would not be shocked at all if that was the case. we always seem to be the team that pays full price. Staal, St louis and Yandle. losing picks in much much better drafts than the upcoming one.

Brooks said it was Buchnevich, Skjei, someone else in the top 9 and picks.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
What Caps gave up for Shatty, I don't think it would have been all too horrible for us to have given up especially considering we have the propensity to be able to attract top level college talent combined with FA's love to come to play with us.

I don't know maybe it's the alcohol speaking but is anyone but me dissapointed that we didn't get Shatty at deadline and instead the Caps got him? I feel like I'm on an island here. I truly don't think what we would have needed to give up to get him was so exorbitant....I really don't.

Now the Caps those ******* have clearly made themselves the favorites to come out of the East. Is it impossible that we could beat them? Of course not but it just got a heck of alot tougher.

Now I'm more convinced that staying where we are....#1 WC is our only shot at making it the Cup finals. Even if we got a Brendan Smith, the Caps and Pens would be awefully tought to beat back to back if we finished ast the #2 or 3 seed. Only chance for us IMO to do get to the finals is to go thru the Atlantic, beat whatever two teams we needed to beat...likely Ottawa and Montreal and hopefully the confidence and momentum we had would resonate with a miracle type ECF vs probably the Caps and we can beat them.

At very worst, hopefully Shatty won't sign with Caps and we can get him in the summer. I can't lie tho....I'm pretty dissapointed at this turn of events and that the Caps got him. Still haven't wrapped my hands around this yet....uggggggggg

If anything, this makes me really confident that the Rangers are absolutely where Shattenkirk wants to be next year. Our price was much higher because Armstrong wanted a sign and trade return from us even if it wasn't a sign and trade. He was never going to accept whatever our equivalent to Washington's offer would have been.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Don't believe for a second that was final asking price from us considering what they got from Caps. Brooks being dramatic. Don't buy that at all.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Maybe Gorton blows everyone's nips off tomorrow and trades for Dougie Hamilton or someone like that

Any trade for a needle moving D at this point is going to cost a forward though

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
If anything, this makes me really confident that the Rangers are absolutely where Shattenkirk wants to be next year. Our price was much higher because Armstrong wanted a sign and trade return from us even if it wasn't a sign and trade. He was never going to accept whatever our equivalent to Washington's offer would have been.

Agreed, him wanting a "sign and trade" return from us, shows the whole world where he believes Shattenkirk wants to play.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Again, the price for US was considerably higher.

What am I missing Lundy? Why was the price higher for us than it was for the Caps? I must have missed this part of the whole situation.

Are you saying Armstrong was holding us hostage so to speak compared to the Caps? Why would he have done this first off? And secondly what exactly did he want from us that was so exorbitant and so different than what the Caps were required to give up? I haven't seen or read anything that indicates this. If you know, I'd love to know...thx in advance bud.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Don't believe for a second that was final asking price from us considering what they got from Caps. Brooks being dramatic. Don't buy that at all.

I disagree, Shattenkirk wants to play here, Blues tried to sell him to us as a sign and trade, that's the kind of return you get in a sign and trade opposed to a rental (Washington).

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
What am I missing Lundy? Why was the price higher for us than it was for the Caps? I must have missed this part of the whole situation.

Are you saying Armstrong was holding us hostage so to speak compared to the Caps? Why would he have done this first off? And secondly what exactly did he want for us that was so exorbitant? I haven't seen or read anything that indicates this. If you know, I'd love to know...thx in advance bud.

Brooks and others claim it was Buchnevich, a top 9 forward, or Skjei + picks.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Maybe Gorton blows everyone's nips off tomorrow and trades for Dougie Hamilton or someone like that

I'd trade one for a young defenseman like a Faulk, Trouba, etc. (and for Faulk, I'd move Miller).

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

From your mouth to gods ears...that would be awesome if something like that occured.

Dougie would be just as good if not better than Shatty. I really hope GMJG has something up his sleeve seeing we have a great team and we just need a piece or two to be able to compete very favorably with the Caps and Pens of the world. Here's to hoping Gorton who I trust enormously, will pull off a move or two that will make all of us very happy as helps improve our team for a long playoff run.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
From your mouth to gods ears...that would be awesome if something like that occured.

Dougie would be just as good if not better than Shatty. I really hope GMJG has something up his sleeve seeing we have a great team and we just need a piece or two to be able to compete very favorably with the Caps and Pens of the world. Here's to hoping Gorton who I trust enormously, will pull off a move or two that will make all of us very happy as helps improve our team for a long playoff run.

Would love Hamilton as well but are you ready to give up a young Top 6 forward (not nash or even zucc) or a Skjei or a top 9 forward and a couple of picks?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'd trade one for a young defenseman like a Faulk, Trouba, etc. (and for Faulk, I'd move Miller).

You would trade JT for Faulk? i Mean Faulk would look good on this team but do we need to trade arguably our 2nd best young forward coming into his own and peaking to a team that sucks and has an overabundance of d men? we should be able to get faulk for less than JT/

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
You would trade JT for Faulk? i Mean Faulk would look good on this team but do we need to trade arguably our 2nd best young forward coming into his own and peaking to a team that sucks and has an overabundance of d men? we should be able to get faulk for less than JT/

What do you think we could get Faulk for?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Would love Hamilton as well but are you ready to give up a young Top 6 forward (not nash or even zucc) or a Skjei or a top 9 forward and a couple of picks?

I could be on an island here but I'd be willing to give up Stepan and a #1 pick for DHam. Steps as much as I love and appreciate all he has done for us, I'd be willing to give up. I don't want to give up a Nash,JT,Hayes or a Zucc.

We always make up for giving up #1 picks cause great college players love to play here(ie...Hayes...Vesey) and JT can take Steps place at center. We always seem to be able to make up for trading #1 picks. And this year from what I've read is the worst draft year in the past decade...soooooooooo

To get a Hamilton would be HUGE for us...I mean HUGE as he would be the #1 PP RH shot Dman we need.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What do you think we could get Faulk for?

Well i would imagine Carolina would want a ready top 6 forward, young and cost controlled. I don't think they are interested in first or second round picks. They could use a Miller or a Kreider or a zibby. Not sure if Stepan gets it done because of his salary. Maybe a Hayes, Fast and a first? Buch and a first?
Miller straight up? Kreider straight up? the only one i would possibly do is the Hayes package.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Outlandish claims of inside information: This is subjective and will be at the discretion of administrators, after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Brooks said a top 9 forward (of which Buchnevich "qualified as"), or Skjei, and either way extra picks to go with it.

He didn't say both of those players and picks

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Blues writer Andy Stricland said Shattenkirk only wanting to sign here is not true.

I think Shattenkirk wanted to be an UFA. He might favor the Rangers in that situation but he's not going to give them a massive discount. It really really only makes sense for a player in his situation to become an UFA. Unlikely he'll even sign with the caps considering their cap situation and they're likely to be a weaker team next season as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad