GDT: 2017 Syracuse Crunch Playoffs

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Thomas has looked really good these playoffs. He's got all the things you look for in a defenseman, a little more seasoning he could be something. His development this year has been a nice surprise, Blujus injury really enabled him to get more ice time and he's taken advantage of it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'll join up in the second period to watch AHL hockey for the first time in my life. :laugh:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
First 18 seconds that I watch AHL and the Griffins score. Perhaps I should leave already.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Don't the two idiots calling the game have a list of Crunch players and their numbers??

They're almost NEVER saying our players' names, just "Syracuse player" which is very annoying.

Okay, they DID now mention Ben Thomas by name. :P

Ooo, WTG Yanni!!! :handclap:

3-2 Syracuse!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Don't the two idiots calling the game have a list of Crunch players and their numbers??

They're almost NEVER saying our players' names, just "Syracuse player" which is very annoying.

Okay, they DID now mention Ben Thomas by name. :P

Ooo, WTG Yanni!!! :handclap:

3-2 Syracuse!

You can listen to the sweet sounds of Syracuse's Dan D'Uva by clicking the part where it says 'home' near the pause/ff/rewind, etc. menu to 'away'.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Official time out after puck went over the glass.

4-3 Griffins with 5:48 left to play

Period 2 was totally dominated by the Crunch.

Period 3 is mostly Griffins.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Jesus so many offsides and that icing at the end there just neutered the pressure. I couldn't even yell at the refs because the video feed was so crappy.

Griffins win the Cup

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't followed the AHL or our prospects that much aside from a few of the ones who came up to play with the Lightning this season. These Calder Cup finals are the first AHL games I've watched. Which is partly why I never comment on the prospects/AHL threads. :P

But who is this Ben Thomas guy??

Tonight Koekoek was solid, Dotchin was okay, Taormina was awesome, but Thomas seemed to be everywhere and doing very good things!

Where is he in his development? Years away from playing NHL? Possible roster addition from training camp??

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad