OT: 2017 Red Sox/MLB V - Sox win AL East - play Astros in ALDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
His mind is relevant. That's a big enough clue. When you invest a billion in a business and let someone with no education or experience run it, pm me. He's not just a GM trying to build a team, he's the CEO in charge of Business Operations and everything else. Not too shabby for a guy without even an Associate Degree.

And if he is a smart guy he will set himself up as a face of the franchise guy who does interviews, and has a role at the top of the org for baseball ops, but largely hands off the business ops ends of things to others.

Best thing about Jeter in Florida will be him raiding that Yankee system for baseball talent. Yankees have done an amazing job rebuilding their team from top to bottom of the farm the last 5 years, and it is likely Jeter will try to raid some of the people behind the rebuild

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'm terrified of this rotation against a good line up.

Sale hasn't been great over his last 8 starts, but the HR rate is concerning, he's given up 11 in his past 46 IP, almost doubling his season total in the process. If he loses, they are in a real bad spot.

Pomeranz's velocity keeps going down, as he's adding to his career high in inning's.

Porcello is just a total disaster. Fister's turned into a pumpkin, and ERod, while better lately, is still a wildcard.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
So umm this division is not over. Could be a 2 game lead with us playing 3 more against houston while the yanks get toronto.

And our rotation is falling apart.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Tampa with a huge 5th to do the work the Sox apparently can’t at the moment

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
You should be. If we play the Astros in the PO, they will sweep the Sox.

The Astros' bats are coming alive at the right time, but they were cooled off for a while. They are playing very loose right now, which helps.

But their Achilles Heel is the bullpen, which has been a disaster.

Yes, I'm pulling for the Astros, but if the Sox can keep the score close and get to their pen, they have a good chance.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They need 1 game with 6 possible outcomes so they should clinch

Likely they get beat in the first round

What of Farrell?

Tough to blame him

I want DiSarcina but would DD do it

And Ausmus available

Doubtful

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
I'm terrified of this rotation against a good line up.

Sale hasn't been great over his last 8 starts, but the HR rate is concerning, he's given up 11 in his past 46 IP, almost doubling his season total in the process. If he loses, they are in a real bad spot.

Pomeranz's velocity keeps going down, as he's adding to his career high in inning's.

Porcello is just a total disaster. Fister's turned into a pumpkin, and ERod, while better lately, is still a wildcard.
Second verse same as the first.

1.2 innings for Erod. Fister better wear some iron undies tonight.

Desperation thought last night; Could Price be stretched out to actually make a start in the ALDS?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

What of Farrell?

Tough to blame him

And Ausmus available

Doubtful

Fun fact, if the Red Sox win the division, Farrell will be the first manager in Red Sox history with back to back AL East titles...

ThorntonFightClub*

Apr 21, 2015
Providence, RI

What of Farrell?

Tough to blame him

And Ausmus available

Doubtful

should've been fired 2 years ago and only had his job saved by cancer. Lovullo should be the manager here. Will be another bad move to lose Kevin Boles too in favor of Farrell

The Sox are getting close to 90s Bruins mode...keep a coach around, get in the playoffs and get that playoff cash without ever really being a contender.

Farrell has shown he is a brutal in game manager and has a pretty bad track record for a coach with as much teflon as he apparently has (no idea how he survived 3 4th/5th place finishes in 4 years). This year we're really seeing how much he isn't a leader or in control now that he doesn't have Ortiz keeping everyone in order.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Who is excited for this to carry over to tomorrow? Regardless of that, i will be stunned if this team beats the indians or astros in a series.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
John farrell baseball strikes again. You get thrown out at 2nd when the ball barely got away from the catcher and you have betts at the plate.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Me when Brock Holt came in to pinch run: "We'll he's gonna end the inning being thrown out on the basepath."

Me after it happened: "I f***ing hate John Farrell."

HOW do we still let Brock Holt pinch run? Also, nice tag. Totally useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad