Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The way this is going Severino is going to last longer than Santana

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This is like 1977 and Bruins jump out to a quick 2-0 lead on Habs behind goals from Middleton and McNabb.

You just know it's coming just not sure when

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
This is like 1977 and Bruins jump out to a quick 2-0 lead on Habs behind goals from Middleton and McNabb.

You just know it's coming just not sure when

The Twins were never going to win this game. The early 3-0 fooled me for a second, though. I have to admit.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don’t follow the Tribe closely, and baseball is my third sport (snicker), but as far as starters go, wasn’t it Kluber, Carrasco, then Bauer (talent-wise)??

I’m sure Francona knows what he’s doing but seems like a big risk to not go with your clear cut ace for Game 1 in a five game series, just to keep him on schedule? It’s great that he can go in Games 2/5 this way, but what if you don’t get to game 5?

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Told my boys if the Yankees win this game they are going to the World Series.

Something about this team. I hate it. :)
I don't see it. Suspect defense and inexperience will lead to a quick exit from the post-season.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'll bid a good luck to Red Sox fans, though this is the one and only circumstance in which I root for the opponent. I typically root for the Pats against the Texans, but do pull for the Astros and Rockets.

I know the World Series was great for Boston in 2013 after the terror attack; in a similar vein, post hurricane, a deep playoff run for the Astros would be great for the city.

But I will say this - my enthusiasm is tempered. The Astros' bullpen is suspect, and that's putting it nicely. The one-two punch of Verlander/Keuchel is excellent; but keep the games close until the bullpen takes over, and the Sox can take this. Look for A.J. Hinch to milk every pitch possible out of those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad