2017 Playoff Avatar Thread

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
giphy.gif

[mod]
If we could be a gif of heimlich maneuver that would take the cake in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
In november we were asking ourselves, will this team make the playoffs, and now we're discussing the playoff avatar.
:)

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Maybe it's just me but the Caps choking, etc I don't really want to do.

Call me crazy (especially since I'm. A caps fan saying this), but I'd rather have something optimistic/positive instead of something that keeps reminding/brings up the failures.

I'm with you. Can we have something positive this year? Maybe it will be our good luck charm this year? Every year we have some sort of negative sarcastic thing and end up with the same result.

+1 for optimistic and positive. I do believe in visuals, so who knows maybe our collective optimistic view/thinking on this year's playoff will bring some luck to the caps :)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'm with you. Can we have something positive this year? Maybe it will be our good luck charm this year? Every year we have some sort of negative sarcastic thing and end up with the same result.

+1 for optimistic and positive. I do believe in visuals, so who knows maybe our collective optimistic view/thinking on this year's playoff will bring some luck to the caps :)

We did this last year.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Hahah, what about a gif of a bunch of office freak outs. Ones where people throw their computer on the ground, destroy a printer, etc - then at the end just have trotz's face with "trust the system" written.

That'd be hilarious.

I freaking love it, then flash to the current avatar I have XD

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
After the last handful of years I feel playoff avatars are bad luck.

Having said that, if there is to be playoff avatars I feel the most appropriate theme should center around CPR and the steps on how to save someone who is choking.

4 panel with the first 3 panels from below and the 4th being a NHL Playoffs 2017 panel.

2zf0exi.jpg

Perfect. :laugh:

So... The Heimlich's?

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
giphy.gif

Something like this? Too large of a file obviously but throwing it out there.

That gif is 2.4 MB. The limit for avatars on this site is 20 KB, so a little less than a hundredth of the size. It's a fun idea, but it's pretty much impossible to use video clips in avatars on this site.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Embracing the "caps always choke in the playoffs" and using it as an avatar will be a lot more tolerable when the GDT threads with opposing fans start up. Then there will be less posters using those annoying we always choke posts in an argument because there won't be a point in even posting it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Embracing the "caps always choke in the playoffs" and using it as an avatar will be a lot more tolerable when the GDT threads with opposing fans start up. Then there will be less posters using those annoying we always choke posts in an argument because there won't be a point in even posting it.

Exactly. This isn't Hogwarts and our avatars aren't really magic. We aren't pushing the team to a win with some motivational image nobody else has thought of. So may as well have some fun and defuse the criticisms before they start.

Caps choke. Yeah. We know. Next.

And if we beat anyone it'll be that much sweeter because they got beaten by the chokers.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Exactly. This isn't Hogwarts and our avatars aren't really magic. We aren't pushing the team to a win with some motivational image nobody else has thought of. So may as well have some fun and defuse the criticisms before they start.

Caps choke. Yeah. We know. Next.

And if we beat anyone it'll be that much sweeter because they got beaten by the chokers.

Super lame. Why give into the NHL board's negativity?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad