2017 Playoff Avatar Thread

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Folks, I've been keeping a list of the ideas thrown out during the season. Here's what we've got so far:

Children of the Korn
Russian Hackers
Frank the Tank/Streaking Early
Don't Disturb the System
Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
The Americans
We be trappin'

We can build on this list for a while and then I'll start posting polls to narrow it down.

Go Caps!!

UPDATE:

Here are some of the images we can use. Download the "banner year" image, a banner you like, and the final "We want the Cup" image.

irG0EQ7.gif
kIxGkK3.gif
2QdeqGy.gif
tg9NhD6.gif
6Vx5VQQ.gif
XGrlrw4.gif
QErTCA4.gif
4aO68Wv.gif
W9GAXXE.gif
ot6P6Zn.gif
pAv9Vi7.gif
8sADEZ8.gif
EICPVyP.gif
oYtsYHq.gif
lpNZCWV.gif
aYDvHcy.gif
Ec43doq.gif
GK2fiCz.gif
wwqUrAY.gif
NuR7krp.gif
L7awxh4.gif
DEX9SdT.gif

Use this link to make your gif. It's easy and quick: http://gifmaker.me/

Upload all three images. The order is "Another Banner year", then the banner of your choice, then the final "We want the Cup" page. You can drag them to arrange them (top to bottom). Set the speed to 3000 milliseconds, click "create gif" or whatever it says, then click "download gif. Then go to your user cp and change your avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
After the last handful of years I feel playoff avatars are bad luck.

Having said that, if there is to be playoff avatars I feel the most appropriate theme should center around CPR and the steps on how to save someone who is choking.

4 panel with the first 3 panels from below and the 4th being a NHL Playoffs 2017 panel.

2zf0exi.jpg

Perfect. :laugh:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
- Something about the Last Run, or One more shot. Win or lose the roster is going to get shook up.

- It takes 4 lines to win a cup

- At least were not the Redskins..

- Free pizza for fans, free pizza for the other team

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Having said that, if there is to be playoff avatars I feel the most appropriate theme should center around CPR and the steps on how to save someone who is choking.

4 panel with the first 3 panels from below and the 4th being a NHL Playoffs 2017 panel.

2zf0exi.jpg

--Player faces shopped on the choking guy, maybe the 90s eagle logo on his sleeve
--Goalie mask on the woman

1) Signs of Choking: You are a Washington Capital.
2) Playoffs Start: As a Washington Capital you may begin to choke.
3) Don't Worry: Your goalie will carry you somewhere safe. Like a golf course.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
--Player faces shopped on the choking guy, maybe the 90s eagle logo on his sleeve
--Goalie mask on the woman

1) Signs of Choking: You are a Washington Capital.
2) Playoffs Start: As a Washington Capital you may begin to choke.
3) Don't Worry: Your goalie will carry you somewhere safe. Like a golf course.

:laugh:. It should be Trotz's face on the woman. This is the best idea in years.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
IMO inside jokes are only good here if they're funny on the outside. Nobody really knows about or cares about our window, and "pizza" stuff will fly right over everyone's heads, for example. And we did a "serious" avatar last year.

I think something universally funny and understood should be on tap this season.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Maybe it's just me but the Caps choking, etc I don't really want to do.

Call me crazy (especially since I'm. A caps fan saying this), but I'd rather have something optimistic/positive instead of something that keeps reminding/brings up the failures.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007

2zf0exi.jpg

What if we do crashing and burning as well as #choking?

Something with Aircraft Saftey Cards:

d6e4c23e64d9b8d6f1698643a0ff8d0d.jpg

wtfoto-day-what-if-airline-safety-cards-were-more-accurate.1280x600.jpg

dwarf-safety-card.png

The entire theme could be "playoff safety" - how to prevent choking, what to do if you're crashing and burning, etc...

Last edited:

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Maybe it's just me but the Caps choking, etc I don't really want to do.

Call me crazy (especially since I'm. A caps fan saying this), but I'd rather have something optimistic/positive instead of something that keeps reminding/brings up the failures.

It's ok to laugh at yourself, steals some of the thunder from other fan bases anyway. Every year we contemplate doing the choke thing but never do, why not?

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
IMO inside jokes are only good here if they're funny on the outside. Nobody really knows about or cares about our window, and "pizza" stuff will fly right over everyone's heads, for example. And we did a "serious" avatar last year.

I think something universally funny and understood should be on tap this season.

When have we ever cared what the rest of the board or the rest of the world think?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
When have we ever cared what the rest of the board or the rest of the world think?

Pretty often based on how people act on the neutral boards sometimes.

What's wrong with making something we like but others like as well?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad