GDT: 2017 NHL Entry Draft (7PM ET/6PM CT/4PM PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Looking at the draft order, it galls me that after the season we had and the season Leafs/Oilers had, we still get to pick after Leafs/Oilers. I wouldn't be surpised if one of them gets a faller or a player that we were high on.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Here's hoping for one of the LD Fins! Or a faller! Fingers crossed for multiple teams drafting 2015 Boston style!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Highly doubt it.

:laugh: Watching a sports team is supposed to be fun/entertaining.

I'm personally looking forward to tonight - you never know who might slide, and given what we managed to get with Roslo from the 25th spot, there's always a chance to get a player that might contribute in future.

Looking at the draft order, it galls me that after the season we had and the season Leafs/Oilers had, we still get to pick after Leafs/Oilers. I wouldn't be surpised if one of them gets a faller or a player that we were high on.

:laugh:

Or, we get a repeat of the Boston picks. Or find an Ehlers (when many were sure we were going to select Virtanen). Good things can occasionally happen.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I dearly delight in draft day drama (alliteration, wheeee!). I'm hoping a faller lands at 24, or if they make it to 18, Chevy does what he did last year, only to use on a good selection. It better not be ****ing Rasmussen, though.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I stake it here for the later bragging rights, that

1) not everything has yet come to light about the suspicious Vegas-uses-their-pick-on-pending-UFA-Thorburn trade, and

b) something may be cooking about the Entry Draft, and the VGK-WPG 1st round pick exchange that happened this far. If something enticing to WPG comes up for Vegas' (6OA), 13OA, 15OA pick, WPG trades a potentially pre-agreed non-ExD eligible player + 24OA for that pick?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Usually we save until after the draft to be doom and gloom :laugh:

Too many dmen in our area to focus on one with any confidence, I just hope BPA @ 24 is one of them.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Also an actual legit heads-up: Finn fans watch the Draft free of charge on Viafree.fi and viasport.fi

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
:laugh:

Or, we get a repeat of the Boston picks. Or find an Ehlers (when many were sure we were going to select Virtanen). Good things can occasionally happen.

Exactly why I am hoping something good happens tonight

I stake it here for the later bragging rights, that

1) not everything has yet come to light about the suspicious Vegas-uses-their-pick-on-pending-UFA-Thorburn trade, and

b) something may be cooking about the Entry Draft, and the VGK-WPG 1st round pick exchange that happened this far. If something enticing to WPG comes up for Vegas' (6OA), 13OA, 15OA pick, WPG trades a potentially pre-agreed non-ExD eligible player + 24OA for that pick?

This is an incredibly detailed and specific theory. Are you basing this on any kind of insider knowledge?

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
This is an incredibly detailed and specific theory. Are you basing this on any kind of insider knowledge?

It's a guideline scenario, only from inside my head on the basis that week's worth of Thorbs negotiation rights probably didn't wholly cut it for Vegas, and that we can still sign Thorbs ourselves if he hits Free Agency unsigned.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We may not end up with a prime faller (think Pettersson) like we may have got at #13 but there will be good options at 24 I just hope we take one. I think the second tier D depth is better this season than last and actually pretty dam good right through our first two picks.

Last edited:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
It's a guideline scenario, only from inside my head on the basis that week's worth of Thorbs negotiation rights probably didn't wholly cut it for Vegas, and that we can still sign Thorbs ourselves if he hits Free Agency unsigned.

Considering the absolute feverish pace that George McPhee has been gathering draft picks, it's quite likely that not selecting any roster players from the Jets is his due recompense for moving up 11 spots in the draft. Having three first-round picks in the top 15 of the draft is ****ing huge. Now all he has to do is identify the appropriate targets, though it would be a lot funnier if we had another Boston situation.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I think we were trying really hard for a few goalies but may have met some resistance.....hoping for some luck in net from your homeland but my optimism on that specific option is fading.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Chevy said yesterday that goaltending was a priority. If he doesn't swing for a trade today, he's probably looking at the UFA Market. I wouldn't be terribly upset with Brian Elliott for two years at a reasonable price. He's at least proven that he can be adequate for stretches of time.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Looking forward to tonight. Fully at peace with selecting #24. I've got a favourite and a dark-horse I'll be hoping for. Though I wouldn't be surprised with a trade. Not sure how that will look but I at least 1/2 expect a now for future move that includes #24 and we don't select anyone.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
One of the more annoying things is that Coyotes are now drafting right in front of us. Chayka will draft any faller if there happens to be one.

Vaakanainen and Brannstrom are my targets now with our pick. Hoping Vaakanainen is there (but with Chayka picking right in front of us, I won't be suprised if he grabs him right in front of us). I think Brannstrom will be available at #24 but I don't see the current brass drafting an undersized European D-man at that spot. There are some forwards ranked in the 15-30 range that I want the Jets to be avoiding.

I wonder if Chevy would consider packaging #24 with Logan Stanley to move back up around 10th-12th range. It's gonna be frustrating to see all the players we could have had at 13

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
If there are no fallers, I hope we get Joseph or Timmins in that order.
In 2nd rd hope we get Dipietro for G. If gone Ikonen, Formenton
Still hoping for a big surprise trade for 3rd ova and we get the best defenseman in draft. Will be glued to TV and HFBOARDS.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Let's find out whether we'll actually pick at #24. For the first time in Jets 2.0 history we used our own first round pick in a trade, maybe we're not done. The team could use some help.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Let's find out whether we'll actually pick at #24. For the first time in Jets 2.0 history we used our own first round pick in a trade, maybe we're not done. The team could use some help.

More and more I'm thinking this is a real possibility.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Looking forward to tonight. Fully at peace with selecting #24. I've got a favourite and a dark-horse I'll be hoping for. Though I wouldn't be surprised with a trade. Not sure how that will look but I at least 1/2 expect a now for future move that includes #24 and we don't select anyone.

Favourite: Brannstrom

Dark Horse: Thomas

I'm a bit bummed out that I'm overseas and unable to watch live, but hoping to listen on 1290.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad