GDT: 2017 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I wonder if we actually see some big trades today. Seems like very few trades these days and there isn't an expansion draft to blame anymore now.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Draft Day and E3 are the only two days where my excitement is at its peak regardless of how old I get.

Knucklehead

Oct 18, 2002
Fort Nelson,B.C.
Really hope the Canucks don't **** this up, take Vilardi if he's there.

Yep Vilardi would be good or Mittelstadt then Petterssen for forwards/centers for me or Heiskanen at D but I think he will be gone by the time we pick anyhow. I like Makar's upside but may be a bit too risky at 5 for us and we need a center with potential #1 upside more than anything else.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Update: I couldn't find any potato skins. Hopefully I have enough time after work today to check a different store. Got honey garlic wings that I'm pretty excited about though.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
With what we have heard rumors wise I hope the Canucks walk out with Petterson. We won't take Vilardi it sounds like, I don't think Makar falls to us... sigh.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Would the Canucks not play Vilardi at center? If they draft Vilardi, I'm pretty sure the goal would be to have Horvat and Vilardi would anchor the first two lines for the next decade once the Sedin's retire.

Yeah, but their play styles would just mesh so perfectly. Watch Vilardi play. So similar along the boards to Horvat. You wouldn't be able to get the puck off them on the cycle.

If the Canucks draft him, I'd be drooling to just see them play together. I couldn't think of many better linemates for Horvat right now play style wise. Obviously we want that big #1 C though, so having both Vilardi and Horvat as a 1-2 pivot in a tough pacific division (if Vilardi reaches his thought of potential) would be nice as well.

I don't think he's going to be available at 5 though, so it's probably a near pipe dream.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Update: I couldn't find any potato skins. Hopefully I have enough time after work today to check a different store. Got honey garlic wings that I'm pretty excited about though.

Please keep us apprised of any new developments.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Honestly I'd be happy with most of the names being bandied about. The only ones that would make me flip my lid are Tippett, Liljegren and Rasmussen.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Honestly I'd be happy with most of the names being bandied about. The only ones that would make me flip my lid are Tippett, Liljegren and Rasmussen.

Completely agreed but even with Liljegren I could find a silver lining as his potential is still sky high.

This is why a trade down makes a lot of sense if we can swing it

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
If Makar or Vilardi is available at our pick take him and run. If both are available flip a coin.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
It is not actually a smart time to try to trade Tanev. The market is flooded with good defenceman available right now and some teams would prefer Methot, Vatanen, Harmonic, Scandella.

When you factor in Tanev's NTC that kicks in you're significantly limiting your options by waiting. The time is now. Waiting only allows the player to get involved and that almost never amounts to the best deal.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I really wish Benning wouldn't talk to the media. He can't seem to stop himself from revealing whatever plans he has. Does he not get that this is problematic?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Vilardi or Heiskanen for me. Mostly because if either is available at #5 they could be classified as a 'faller.' I'm not scout ... so I just go with consensus rankings because ... statistics. Those two players are, by far, the two that sneak into the top three the most often.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I can't believe I used to take the day off work for this thing. Maybe it's Benning eroding my excitement around this team, maybe it's the NHL not having nearly as many trades anymore, but it seems absurd right now that I actually wasted a precious vacation day for an event that starts after work hours.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
What are the chances I'll make it home in time for our pick? I get off at 4:30, walk in the door about 4:50.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Wooooooooooooo! The greatest day of the year has finally arrived. :yo:

Glass,Vilardi or Makar would be awesome!

I will now begin praying to the Hockey Gods :bow:

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express

Stay away from the vanilla pudding cups today please and thank you. I'm a superstitious guy.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Really hope the Canucks don't **** this up, take Vilardi if he's there.

This.

It looks more and more likely that Makar will go 3 or 4 (funny, according to some he's too risky for us yet other teams are looking at him earlier, even at 1), so I'm hoping for Vilardi.

My guess...Vilardi will be there at 5 and Benning will pass on him for a lesser prospect. Typical.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Ok I've finally made my mind up, with so many players at the same level where we pick it's going to be hard to argue any pick ( except for liljeren,Rasmussen,and tippet):

That leaves me with my picks in this order:

1/2: nico/Patrick

3: Makar
4: valardi
5:Peterson

If Makar is there at 5 you take him as his potential as an offensive damn is through the roof. I don't know if he's a karlson but he will we the pp for the next decade (allowing olli to be a more effective 2nd unit pp qb)

Valardi - reminds me of Leon Draistl and he seems like a star in the making

Peterson: I'm on the hype train, after reports our European scouts like him and the clips I've seen of his ability. He's my guy at 5 if the other 4 are gone.

With that said I expect benning to take Glass because that's not whom I would take and his drafting choices compared to whom I would have taken are quite different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig