GDT: 2017 NHL Draft: The waiting is over! The NYR will pick in the first round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The first thing they said was "muh warrior muh guy you win with"

Not a great sign

Every other pick they talked about how they're a great skater, passer, blah, blah, comparable to Johansen, comparable to Lidstrom.

We picked and we got "guy you win with" and "similar to Chris Kunitz."

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Andersson at 21? Great. Andersson at 7? Awful. Just awful. You don't waste that high of a pick on a guy who likely tops out as a 2nd line two-way player. You just don't.

Who else is better there? They went BPA, as per usual. This is a solid pick, nonetheless

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Does anyone know if Clark has a gambling issue? I'm scared that it's an ego thing where they just want to take someone different off the board so they can one day prove, hey, look at me, we knew.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I was unaware that Pierre now had credibility. Interesting.

When he agrees with a person then he suddenly has valuable insight. lol

Thatsaid, I'm not pleased. You get an absolute gift opportunity to get an all star and you go for a solid 2 way player? We'll be looking for years at two or three other players we should have taken instead.

I didn';t study this draft enough to know who but we've all seen this story before.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
This is a great pick, even if it is a "reach". He's solid for sure!!

seems were on an island here.

love this kid and been saying so for a month. pimped him hard.

the others still on the board all have holes. there was no sure thing after glass went.

this kid is a monster.

leader. high motor. smart. nasty shot. gamer. pk/pp

does everything really well

fast riser the last 10 days

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So we trade our 1C to go for a "solid" pick at 7? Why are we going for a safe player that high up?

Because we literally always do and that's why we haven't drafted an elite offensive talent since Andy god damn Bathgate.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I didn't think there was a bigger clown then AV but then here comes pug face JG

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Sure offensive upside isnt top line material. But there are few sure bets to make the NHL in this draft. I dont mind the pick. Wanted Glass if he was there. Didnt want Vilardi or Mittelstadt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad