GDT: 2017 NHL Draft: The waiting is over! The NYR will pick in the first round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
This thread is officially worse than GDTs.

Cmon people. We just got a new prospect in our system. Wasn't the report on this draft that there wasn't a big difference between 5 and 20? This pick is good.

Sportsnet had his upside as Alexander Steen. Sounds good to me.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Andersson was ranked 3rd of European skaters, so I guess he is not that bad?

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I don't know who this kid is so I'm neither elated or outraged.

This thread is certainly not very reassuring though. :laugh:

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
We there you have it folks. Stepan AND Raanta for DeAngelo and Andersson.
Still like the trade people??

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I know nothing about these players so I have no right to feel anything, and I love swedish guys, but this doesn't feel good. The Rangers management seemingly doesn't understand how to trade down and maximize assets, and they also seem to have no interest in anything but "safe" players. It's why they are always good but not great.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
A better Jesper Fast that is safe is a great value pick!!

You don't trade a #1 Center for the 7OA and pick a safe value pick. You look for a player who can be a top player in the NHL.

From what everyone says, this guy is a smart utility player. His upside is not astronomical.

I don't understand why they didn't trade down. They should never pick in the top 10 again.

Brendl, Montoya, Jessiman and McIlrath. Great track record.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
The Rangers have a shortage of middle six tweeners to address? Everyone clamoring for BPA - hope I eat crow but this was not it.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
He can play right away. Tremendous skater. Great first step. Very good instincts. Has a really high compete level. Big body, strong on the puck and boards. Good passer. Good in front of the net.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
People were saying 'dont worry about the return for stepan, we will feel better when we get our franchise center later tonight'

Lmfao. We got what seems will be a great 3rd line center with grit. Fan-****ing-tastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad